PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Trophies

TimSr
01-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Derrick contacted me quite some time ago asking to help with trophies. As this event grows, Howdys hair will begin to decline, and Im all for delegating this out. I am willing to handle it to, but I think the more we can involve others with individual tasks, the more they become a part of it and the less the general manager (Howdy) has to micro manage. We should probably try to do this with some of the other many tasks too. I dont to see a bald Howdy at Trikefest '06.
He can get pricing, and we can decide the details of how many, ect. and let him get them.

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 01:16 PM
This sounds like a good idea Tim. Howdy and I were talking about T-shirts in an email this morning. I will make a new post about that.

On the trophies, food for thought, but what if we have a few 1-3 trophies with no classes on them? In case there are enough people to form a certain class we hadn't thought of? I also have some more questions for the MX race but I will save that for another thread also :)

TimSr
01-27-2005, 02:13 PM
The more versatile they are the better. This is what Ive seen at the tracks. Most give plques. The plaques are all the same or sometimes they have two sizes, and just have the event name, with no class names. Then they get adhesive metal plates with different places 1st, 2nd etc, and they just stick that on as they award them. On trophies they do something similar, with different sizes. They would have one tag, that says "Trikefest 2005" on them, and then you would stick on the place tag. Im for getting all same trophies first time around, so that we can use them for anything, and just use different place tags on them.

Derrick Adams
01-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I can handle the trophys, No sweat. The hardest part is securing the "3-wheeler" tops. It seems they are discontinued by some, yet others have them. I think my best bet would be to try to place an order on a whole box of the tops, if I can find some one to sell them to me.

Obviously, the alternative is plaques. But, there's something to be said about the trophy sitting on the shelf.

I agree in that we really don't need specific classes except on the tags, but more of a collective order of 1st, 2nd, 3rd place sizes. Then add tags as needed.

I'll keep you posted on this as it goes.

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Alrighty then, so Derrick is the Official "Trikefest Trophy Getter"! May the force be with you! Keep us posted :)

Trikeaholic
01-27-2005, 09:24 PM
we got a trike trophy for the lil holic from here last year

http://www.speedyawards.com/

Talk to david.

Derrick Adams
01-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks. I'll give them a call in the morning.

TimSr
02-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey Derrick, just wondering if theyve given you any ball park prices or anything on trophies and/or plaques?

hedge1988
02-04-2005, 10:15 PM
hey I just wanted to suggest maybe trying a company called crown awards out of st louis. I know they have numerous styles to choose from and they are about the cheapest I have found. I use them for trophys and medals for cub scout events