PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest Shirts-Ideas and input

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Something tells me TF05 is going to really grow beyond what we have seen so far ( 2 or 3 times bigger ). I know we need to get the shirts designed asap, and so we can get a good idea on per shirt cost. I think we should add $2-4 per shirt so that we can cover the other items for TF. I personally think $12 for a specialty shirt is cheap ( I paid $25 for one at a concert once ). If I can get them made for $7 a shirt, the $5 profit per shirt would cover trophies and such.
Howdy

Ok, thats good info. I sent swinehart a PM about cooking again too, I suggested perhaps an x amount of dollars donation from each person to help cover his costs. I know thats got to be expensive doing that. I really want to have a kickass Trikefest shirt. That 350X shirt you won on ebay has a very nice graphic on it. Maybe we could incorporate that with a graphic i have on one of my old shirts along with some text to get it done. Some of the shirts I got have awesome graphics on them, but they are in youth sizes. Perhaps what I need to do is take a few of them with me into a printing store here in town and find out how much it would cost to get the graphics converted into a digital form, that way we can use them on the shirts anyway we want to. I might be able to do that later this afternoon when I come into town.

Billy

Here are the shirts I was talking about. I plan on taking these into a graphics place this afternoon and telling them my idea, see how much it would cost to get these graphics re-produced in an editable form on the computer. My idea is to take the big H with Honda ATC logo, and kind of come up with something similar to that with a 3 big, and wheeler and then world on it. Run .com vertically down one side of it or something. Use that as a front pocket logo, or something like it. Howdy also just won a shirt on ebay that has a 350X jumping on it that is very cool. Perhaps between the both of us we can get something made up on a new shirt.

TimSr
01-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Who is handling the T-shirts? Howdy did it last year, but he might welcome somebody covering that responsibility too. Im with you about raising the price on them a little bit. Nobody is making persoanl profit from it, and there is nothing wrong with having a little more money to work with the following year for such things as promotion, advertising, tropihies and or other prizes, and site maintenance.

As for John, Ive got some ideas. Our church did safety breaks at the rest areas to raise money, where we offer coffee, drinks and snacks at a rest area from a concession trailer. We were not allowed to sell them. How did we make money? We accepted donations in a big jar in plain site. Almost everybody who got something tossed in a donation, and we found that we made a lot more money from donations than we would have by selling the stuff at market prices. The hardest part will be getting John to go along with it, but it bothers most of us that he goes to the trouble expense, and we cant help him out with it. Id like to see a big donation jar by the serving table for the food fund.

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Who is handling the T-shirts? Howdy did it last year, but he might welcome somebody covering that responsibility too. Im with you about raising the price on them a little bit. Nobody is making persoanl profit from it, and there is nothing wrong with having a little more money to work with the following year for such things as promotion, advertising, tropihies and or other prizes, and site maintenance.

As for John, Ive got some ideas. Our church did safety breaks at the rest areas to raise money, where we offer coffee, drinks and snacks at a rest area from a concession trailer. We were not allowed to sell them. How did we make money? We accepted donations in a big jar in plain site. Almost everybody who got something tossed in a donation, and we found that we made a lot more money from donations than we would have by selling the stuff at market prices. The hardest part will be getting John to go along with it, but it bothers most of us that he goes to the trouble expense, and we cant help him out with it. Id like to see a big donation jar by the serving table for the food fund.

Thats what I had in mind pretty much, just a big donation jar where someone can slip something in. I know that buying that much food (And hell, spending the time preparing it too!) isn't a cheap or easy thing to do. I just dont want him to get stuck with it and feel like he's obligated to always do it. After TF04 I told him that this year I would like to try and help out with the cooking if I can any to try and ease his burden.

On the shirts, Howdy and I were just talking about them in those emails. I can try and do it if you guys want. I'm in town now at my moms office, I'm going to run a few of those shirts by the graphics place in an hour or so and see what I can find out. I will report back with any information I found out about them.

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Well the printing guy wont mess with them because they are copy righted, even though they are more then 20 years old and they havent sold any in probably that same length of time. Scrap that idea I guess. :cry: :cry:

TimSr
01-27-2005, 04:01 PM
What do you think about selcting a photo from the 04 CD to work with?

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 04:13 PM
It could work, but I was thinking something more along the lines of an action graphic. Real photo's work OK, but they dont seem to turn out that well on shirts (In my opinon).

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I just remembered Mik6 is doing some part time in a graphics shop, I'm gonna PM him right now and and give him a link to here.

200xman
01-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I'll gladly pay more for a T shirt, just do me one favor and make it 100% cotton. The 50/50 blends are hot as hell. If you can send me the design I can get you a price from the place that makes our work shirts. There is a 1 time fee for didgtizing and then the shirts are about 5-7$ each.

Trikeaholic
01-27-2005, 07:47 PM
i have never been a big fan of the group pic on the shirts. I say you stick with a cartoon type image. Like myMullet87's I mean myMInt87's cartoon drawings....LOL

jenndnn3
01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
May I suggest long sleeve?

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 07:59 PM
What I really need in this point in time is a digital version of the graphics that are on these shirts. Then I can manipulate them enough that there wont be copy right problems, I can add the Trikefest text, ect. 200xman, If I sent you one of these shirts, Do you think that place could do it and how long do you think it would take?

Holic, What do you think about those graphics I posted that are on the old Hondaline shirts? I think they are pretty neat myself and with a little bit of modifying could make a whoopass shirt.

Derrick Adams
01-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Forgive me if I keep posting my opinions on everything but, I kind of like the design on the stickers for the front and something like " I survived TrikeFest `05" by 3ww etc. on the back. Kind of catchy and makes people say "what is this trikefest?"

I don't really care for the photo's either. I will say that where ever they were made, mine is wearing great. No fading, or peeling... and I wear it every week!

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Its ok Derrick, that what this forum is here for to get some other ideas and get stuff figured out. Which sticker design do you mean, the little square ones that has the trike wheelying? If thats in black big on the back on an ash grey shirt with some writing around it, that might look pretty cool. Good idea.

Trikeaholic
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Derrick has a great idea! The photos just dont show well. I feel we should have an original design that is 2005, not a re-hash of old stuff, kinda to show that TRIKES LIVE ON!. just a thought. Yea, I was a marketing major in college. but then my ideas are kinda over most peoples heads so you guys do what ya want.............

Derrick Adams
01-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Yes, the little square one. I like that with a catchy saying about trike fest, or something referring to the website.. Like Holic says.

jeswinehart
01-27-2005, 09:24 PM
thanks for the link ( + p.m's too ) billy. great idea to have this thread to focus on trikefest05.
as far as the food part ,,,, no donations please. my treat.
452x ( brian ) and i have been in contact with each other and turkeys are a go again in the afternoon on saturday. if anybody wants to stop by and help out ,,,, heck yeah ( but not required - don't feel guilty )
i got in plenty of riding ( logged 1/2 mile myself on bigred ) and went clear over to the mx track ( lol ) ,,, i done more talking with more folks then ever last year and that was my goal ,,, as will be again this year.

just bring your own drink ( and something to drink it out of ) ,,, just like last year.

john :)

Billy Golightly
01-27-2005, 09:25 PM
I will try to get some kind of a design done up in the next day or so for you guys to checkout, see what you think. Best thing I've heard of so far.

Howdy
01-27-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree we need a new design for the T-shirts. I agree with Derrick the shirts we have gotten thus far are very good quality. I haven't wore out any on mine yet and I wear them a lot.
We need to decide on Color (s) for them also.

Billy, when I get the last shirt here I will scan it and get that scan sent to you.
Howdy

mymint87
01-27-2005, 10:54 PM
i have never been a big fan of the group pic on the shirts. I say you stick with a cartoon type image. Like myMullet87's I mean myMInt87's cartoon drawings....LOL

hehe...I think my first quick sketch may make a great kid shirt....

MEMO TO 3WW MEMBERS:
only if their little enough can you MAKE them wear it....lol

should i clean it up a little and scan it, and send it?

for your consideration of course....ooool

atckowalski
01-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Take the winner of each final race at Tf05 and draw a cartoon like image of them and there trike on the back of the shirt.Take the top 6-8 or however many there are and put them on the shirt to be printed later, obviously.That way everyone may want to win just a little more than they think :w00t:

jmack3986
01-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Find out Prices on hooded sweat shirts. all the have to say is Trike Fest 05 across the front and on the back (upside down) if you can read this help me back on my trike or something. might even use that for shirts

Billy Golightly
01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Heres something I kinda threw together. Text is easily changeable, It was just something different and I kinda liked it. The one thing I dont like is how dark and defined the trike is..it needs to be a little less "dense" if you know what I mean. Not sure how to do that. Hopefully I'll figure something out. I think something like this would look pretty neat on the back of one of those ash grey T-shirts if it went all the way from the shoulders to the waist. Make it real big.

Derrick Adams
01-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Here's one I whipped up. I think the lettering looks better straight instead of curved. Makes it easier to read when it's on your back.

Billy Golightly
01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Todd (200xman) talked with the printer guy and heres what he PMed back to me.

The shirts break down like this. Prices are for 100 all cotton shirts silk screened sizes s to xl in grey. I don't think other colors will affect the price.

1 time art set up fee:
2 color $45
3 color $65
4 color $80

Printed T-Shirts:
2 color $5.00 ea
3 color $5.75 ea
4 color $6.50 ea.

There is a break at 200 shirts that would knock $0.25 off each shirt. They don't need the picture digitized and can work from the shirt you are trying to modify. If you want to use this guy I would pay for the set-up cost and maybe be able to help with the shirts themselves. They would need 3 weeks to do the shirts.

Todd

Derrick Adams
01-29-2005, 11:14 PM
I know it costs way too much to do colors, but I was messing around with it anyhow!

YAMAHA_Jim
01-30-2005, 01:04 AM
I like Derricks color pic.,,,even if it is green,lol

Derrick Adams
01-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Do you mind if I get a price quote for you from our T-shirt shop? We've been getting our car club t-shirts from them for years and his prices are always very competetive. I can also get shirts made with lots of colors for the same price as a single color shirt. Done the same way as shirts you'd buy at walmart.

If so, I just need a ballpark quantity.

Billy Golightly
01-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah that would be good, just to get some ideas. I'm not totally sure on quanity, I'd say the majority of people will wear a large and xl sizes. For kicks, lets say 50 large, 50 xl, 25 small, 25 medium? What do you guys think?

200xman
01-30-2005, 11:00 AM
The guy I talked to said not to bother with the small size.He said you never seem to get rid of them.

Howdy
01-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Another cool picture would be the one from TriZ Jim's Yamaha banner. The only thing we would need is to add helmets to each rider. That shouldn't be to hard to do. I need to get that picture and get working on it. If someone has it ( I don't think I do ) send it to me. I have a idea for a TF Bumper sticker.

Small shirts: These go good with Kids. I sold 10 of them last year. To get the best idea of mix of sizes we should have a thread for users / people who are going to post their shirt sizes. My house / crew would need 2 XL, 1 Med, 1 small. Pickle would need 1 xxl, 1 Large, 1 small, and 1 Kids 7-8. ;)
Howdy

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2005, 08:31 PM
To get the best idea of mix of sizes we should have a thread for users / people who are going to post their shirt sizes.

That is probably the best idea because you'll have everyone telling you what they want and it will become confusing. Maybe even a poll would work to get an idea of what everyone needs.

Howdy
02-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Anyone have any idea's for the shirt design? With just over 3 months to go we need to get a couple designs done up so that we can get a vote and then get some shirts ordered.
Howdy

P.S. I got a idea that I will try to do a rough draft of. Hopefully I can get it done today. ;)

CHAINSAW
02-27-2005, 12:40 PM
I still like this pic I made. Im not real big on the drawed look shirts, but more into realistic killer stuff.

http://img164.exs.cx/img164/4548/trikefestshirt7xs.th.jpg

Tri-ZNate
02-27-2005, 12:57 PM
here is something not quite as awesome.

OldSchoolin86
02-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Personaly I like the simple ones. I agree with chainsaw that a real picture is best. Here's an exaple of what I was thinking. Please keep in mind that I did this real quick and a way better crop can be done if anyone likes it.

Tri-ZNate
02-27-2005, 02:35 PM
OldSchoolin86 has my vote. Really nice job.

Cody
02-27-2005, 03:39 PM
I vote oldschoolin. Awesome.

CHAINSAW
02-27-2005, 07:03 PM
now I gotta change my vote for oldschoolin, because he used a pic of my 86.. :)

OldSchoolin86
02-27-2005, 10:42 PM
now I gotta change my vote for oldschoolin, because he used a pic of my 86.. :)I'm glad you liked it, the pic was taken at the perfect angle. If enough people want it I'll do a real nice job that we could print off of.

Billy Golightly
02-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Ok guys, I'm getting ready to post a design wanted ad at elance.com because Personally, I dont think any of us possess the talents to make this as good as it needs to be (And I'm not saying you guys' design's aren't any good, I just want something...really, really, really good-extraordinary.) I'm still leaning towards a drawn graphic myself as long as it is high in details since real pictures are so hard (And expensive to print) on a shirt. A real picture you can't use on anything else like an embroided hat either. Here is what I have wrote:

My website www.3wheelerworld.com and forums, www.3wheelerworldforums.com host an annual weekend gathering of members from across the world that includes racing and socializing. What I'm looking for is a design for the event T-shirt. The shirt needs to have the promoters name "3WHeeLeR WoRLD" or "www.3wheelerworld.com", the event name "Trikefest 05" or "Trikefest 2005" along with the location "Haspin Acres-Laurel, Indiana" or written similar. I would like to have a large sized graphic on the back of the shirt, portrayed as an action shot. Try these links for a general idea: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sYamtriz019x86TriZa.jpg ,http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sYamtriz045xtriz.jpg , http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sYamtriz047x85ytz_vs_85kxt_.jpg , http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sKxt250009x85Tecate3.jpg , http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sKxt250045x87KXT_.jpg . There are many more available at my website. Please keep in mind these are just to give you an idea only, I'm not looking for a graphic portrayal of one of those, but something new and original. The design should be either black and white, or a 4 color max while being friendly with a darker colored T-shirt such as black or ash grey. The design should be fairly detailed, with defineable lines.
This design might also be used for other things, such as an embroidery on a baseball cap. Being as such, a flexible file format with the graphic only (Such as an infinetly resizeable vector image) is also requested. If your design uses any special fonts I would like to know the names of those as well. The event is in 3 monthes, I would like to have the shirt design finalized and in my hand within 2 weeks from the bid ending date.

I am paying for this out of my own pocket, mainly because I am perfectionist and though everyone might not share the feeling I think we need something A grade to go on the shirts (Or atleast on some of them). I want something that anyone would be proud to wear as a casual shirt, even people who dont ride.

renotrikeguy
02-27-2005, 11:24 PM
What?? No Hondas?? :wondering

Billy Golightly
02-27-2005, 11:48 PM
In mine you mean? They are all just for design references only :)

3leggeddog
03-01-2005, 12:07 PM
i like the design posted by oldschoolin,it's sweet.although it would've been much cooler if it were a 250r,lol

can we place orders,say i want a shirt with a 250r,but someone else may want one with a tri-z.are we gonna go that route,or just find one super sik design and stick to that?

OldSchoolin86
03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I think it would be cool if every year had a different trike pictured. Just my 2 cents.

Howdy
03-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I was trying to do up a design but I can't get it to look the way I wanted. My goal was to do write the word Trikefest using pictures of different 3 wheelers. I can't find all the needed pictures that were taken from the correct angle I wanted ( top view ). arggggggggg
Howdy

Derrick Adams
03-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I think that the circa 1980's designs are my favorite. They just look fitting. I don't really care to wear a shirt with an ATC90 on it though, I at least like the performance trikes.

mx377
03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member here. I own Bad Boys Toys & Graphics In South Haven, Mi. We are a cusom sign & auto graphics shop. In the summer we also run a moble graphics shop at over 20 shows a year. ( Fairs & Races) All of our decals are made from 7 year auto vinyl.

If you guys would like I would be more then happy to give you guys an Estimate for all of you shirt & decal needs.

Also I would love to get all the info for TF05.

Thanks
Eric

P.S. I will be posting some of the shirts & grahics we do.

Billy Golightly
03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Eric, What kind of a price are we looking for a totally new type of shirt design made from scratch going with the ideas I had posted on the previous page? I dont really think we can do full color shirts like you've shown because of cost, would be nice though. Theres a good deal of information on Trikefest 05 at this link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/Haspin05.shtml

Billy

Billy Golightly
03-15-2005, 12:16 PM
OK guys, I contracted out to a guy on elance.com that is suppose to be emailing me some design ideas this week. We're suppose to be done for sure by this weekend hopefully. When I get some prelimiary drawings I'll post them here for some more feedback.

mx377
03-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey Billy,

Did you get any of my e-mails?

Eric

Billy Golightly
03-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Eric, sure didn't? I was wondering why you had never replied. Re-send them but put "ham," in the title. This makes sure my spam filter doesn't delete them. Sorry.