PDA

View Full Version : another "Too Good to be True" story

TrikerR
01-27-2005, 08:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4522598287&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
asked him how much shipping and he replies sayin its free.

grundlegrabber
01-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I saw a guy trying to sell 2 mint looking Pilots with a new trailer for $4000 with free shipping. I emailed him and it sounded like a real scam so I said I wanted to fly out and meet in person, and pay cash and I never got a reply.

Quickonstep
01-28-2005, 01:48 AM
i dunno.. it looks more legit than it does a scam...

Payment methods accepted
COD (Cash On Delivery)

because of that, and there is a company logo in one of the pictures, im sure one of the photoshop maniacs can zoom in on it quite nice and figure out who it is to give them a call and find out more about it

Jesse

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-28-2005, 03:01 AM
Its just a banner hanging .. its for http://www.offroadxtremes.com/ .

The site has the same setup as the ebay auction, they mention ebay scams and stuff. Not sure, but COD would make me feel secure.

TrikerR
01-28-2005, 03:42 AM
but how the hell could anyone offer free shipping...unless he owns a shipping company

Quickonstep
01-28-2005, 03:59 AM
easy, get a ups account, rack up obnoxious amount of shipping fees, never pay.. or any of the shipping companys.. they usually give youa account for free... a old neighbor told me about that.. but he was a "tweaker" as some say.. and pretty much a scam artist..

Jesse

New2ATC
01-28-2005, 09:36 AM
It seems like a scam, but hes offering COD as a payment...but.. what if he ships it thinking that with cod, the ups man will say "3,000 dollars" and your stuck with the payment of the shippiung, unless you say, " return it" or something like that.. I dont know im just thinking of possible ways for him to get out of paying for shipping...

yater
01-28-2005, 12:22 PM
There was a guy selling dirtbikes with free shipping. The auction stipulated that shipping would only be free with buy it now (outside of auction). The seller sent the link to BIN, they were sent to a chopped website (courtesy of the seller) and asked to enter all their information. This way, the seller gets the money for the bike AND the buyers CC #. Nothing you can do to those foreigners. The guy's somewhere in nigeria with your money

1985 200s
02-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Read the feedback left by the winner of this and it will answer your question.

yater
02-02-2005, 11:19 PM
That's great but the seller's not from America. I guess it's all the same to them?