PDA

View Full Version : 1997 polaris xtreme quac

hotroddal
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
ok i jave just found a 1997 polaris x-treme 4-wheeler and it has a hole in the top of the piston, but it is in almost perfect condition has branddew tires, has brand new brakes, has great chain and sprockets, all the suspention works great and it shifts great,has no cracks in fenders, but it blew a hole in the top of the piston and the guy will take no less than $500 for it, is this a good deal or not.

Wickedfinger
02-01-2005, 12:29 AM
You mean Xpress, not extreme. Is it a 400L or the 300L 2-stroke?. Try and get a good pic. $500 sounds good - the top end rebuild is quite simple on either motor. Does it look like this Xpress 300?.

hotroddal
02-01-2005, 08:54 AM
oops, thats what i ment polaris express, and it is near perfect shape, and it is the 300cc, and do you know if this engine is physically too big for a 86 250r chassis, im realy good at fabing up mounting brackets, and if the engine from the quad would fir in there i would just fab up a set of mounting brackets and take the whole electrical system from the quad also and get the chain alinged perfectly????

hotroddal
03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
ok i whent ahead and bought that polaris express300 and i ordered a new piston,rings,pistonpin,clips,piston pin bearing and, gaskets,but when it was apart, there was a little bit of play in the connecting rid, i think the connecting rod bearing thats on the crank was getting worn,but i didnt figure it was worn enuf do do any damage, so i whent ahead and put it al back together and it fired right up, but i could hear a noticible nocking sound, so could this sound be that bearing that i didnt replace makeing noise? i only ran it for about a half hour like this.