PDA

View Full Version : What Trophies and Awards do We Want?

TimSr
01-31-2005, 09:51 PM
How generous we can be with them will first depend on trophy costs, and how much money we have to work with. More discussion is necessary as to what we want to award them for.
The easy one is MX, and I think going back 2 or 3 places in each class, and something for every one of the kids who participate is in order.
For drags Im thinking maybe we can just end it with a quick runoff of the fastest guys (by then we will know who has a shot at it, no need to run everybody for runoff) which shouldnt be more than three or four runs at best, and go out to the top 3, 4 or 5 maybe.
Howdy had mentioned something about the best show and the craziest rider at the drags. Im not sure if they would not be one in the same. Im kind of thinking maybe it should be not just the drags, but maybe for the weekend rather than just the drags. It could be voted by everyone after the Swinehart feast at the pavillion on Saturday eve. I was thinking along the same lines as showmanship, which could be for anything that happened at Trikefest, on the trails, tracks, or wherever. Ive got a feeling the craziest rider is also most eligible for this one. Maybe "most memorable trike incident" for that "guy who did something we will never let him forget." I also think that since this is also about trike history that we should do a few bike show awards. I was thinking nicest orginal trike, (orginal means as it came from the factory) and nicest non-original trike which would cover those ones with all the chrome, fancy rims, and other external modifications. This too could be voted by all the people attending.

I considered making an "Armchair Racer" award but nobody wants to win that one!

Howdy
02-01-2005, 09:57 AM
I considered making an "Armchair Racer" award but nobody wants to win that one!

I could win this one. lmao But I could just as easily loose it! ;)
Howdy

Derrick Adams
02-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Here's what I have so far:

Motocross: 5- 1st place, 5- 2nd place, 5- 3rd place (won)
Drag races: 1- 1st place, 1- 2nd place, 1- 3rd place (won)
King of the Hill: 1 (voted)
Best of Show: 1 (voted)
Best Original Trike: 1 (voted)
Best Modified Trike: 1 (voted)
Most memorable TF incident: 1 (voted)
TF Loose Cannon: 1 (voted)
Best Sportsmanship: 1 (voted)
Longest Distance Traveled: (won)

3leggeddog
02-03-2005, 02:07 PM
how about a planned wheelie contest just for $#!^ 's and giggles,maybe just a plaque
for that,or just braggin rights.also i think that a certificate of participation for the kids
that join in on the mx races would be great.of course trophies for the top 3,but if we have more kids than that they should get a certificate.now on the king of the hill how will you vote,by who climbed it easiest,fastest,or what.i'm kinda confused there,maybe for that we can do a stopwatch timed run.but i don't think climbing is about how fast
you can get up the hill,but more about how you attack hill,the lines you choose,and how challenging it was for that individual.thats a hard one to vote.

other then those suggestions i think you guys are doing awesome,thanks for doin this

Derrick Adams
02-03-2005, 02:21 PM
It will be easy enough to vote on. There will be someone that does something spectacular, don't worry.

Wickedfinger
02-03-2005, 08:39 PM
You know, I thought I should chime in here - being that I am going to win most of them and all. I prefere large, heavy and expensive please . Thank you.

... ah yes .... I like alot of Derrick's ideas ......... definitely some non-race trophies should be in there, thats VERY cool in my book. I would however like to add in one for "Fastest Polaris" or at least "Fastest Automatic" (ha ha), since I'm 99% sure I'll at least win that since I'm also 99% sure I suck at MX.

how about a planned wheelie contest just for $#!^ 's and giggles .... you might as well just engrave Tri-Z Jim's name on it now ...........

MIK6
02-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I love this idea. How about making the most memorable moment award be a web vote from the year befor? I think that would keep some people coming back (not that they don't already).
I agree w/ Wickedfinger, put Zjims name on the wheelie/ bicycle award. I got a auto for you Wickedfinger on the strip LOL.

MIK6 / Mike

Wickedfinger
02-04-2005, 09:09 PM
"Fastest Automatic" (ha ha), since I'm 99% sure I'll at least win that You know, everytime I say that, theres always somebody who shows up with nitros or an 80hp Stage 4 400L.

TimSr
02-04-2005, 09:55 PM
You know, everytime I say that, theres always somebody who shows up with nitros or an 80hp Stage 4 400L.

TimJr will smoke you with his E-Ton 90!

Billy Golightly
02-04-2005, 10:04 PM
I would kind of also like to see a "Longest Distance Traveled" award, as a plaque.

3leggeddog
02-04-2005, 11:31 PM
looks like i got to hunt tri-z jim down for a wheelie contest then.should atleast be entertaining.when wheelies don't go right,it makes for some good video!!!!

TimSr
02-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I like the idea of longest distance traveled, too. Those guys really deserve recognition!

TriZ-Jim will have to do it on his TriZ though!

Wickedfinger
02-06-2005, 02:04 AM
TimJr will smoke you with his E-Ton 90!
... he's on .... if I cant take his old man, I'll settle for the product of his loins!.

trikezilla
02-07-2005, 09:58 PM
MAN.....i want to to to trikefest SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO bad. It sucks that i wont have my licence . I am restoring my dads old 78 chevy w/ him..so ill have that do take my first year! IT FITS THE R AND M plus a dirtbike. maybe i can coax someone from up here to take me!!

Derrick Adams
02-14-2005, 01:41 PM
If you have any more ideas, speak up! I'm going to get these coming. Check the list of the ones we have, any other opinions?

Tri-ZNate
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Motocross: 5- 1st place, 5- 2nd place, 5- 3rd place (won)

Is the MX going to be setup in classes like amature and pro for some of us less experienced guys or is going to be everyone in the same class?

Billy Golightly
02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
MX classes will be by machine.

Tri-ZNate
02-14-2005, 08:10 PM
MX classes will be by machine.

ok makes sence.

okieRrider
02-15-2005, 03:14 PM
I found this on ebay and thought whoever is purchasing the trophies might want to look into

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40152&item=7135086596&rd=1

Chris

Tri-ZNate
02-15-2005, 05:15 PM
wow that seems like a good deal. And it appears he has another 25 for sale as well "I have 2 lots of 25 to sell now." Free engraving too.

Derrick Adams
03-02-2005, 12:01 AM
OK Guys, so it seems we've come up with all the trophies we need. If there are anymore post it up. I'm probably ordering next week!

Billy Golightly
03-02-2005, 12:16 AM
It looks good to me Derrick. I'm really looking forward to Trikefest this year, I think its going to be a blast.

TimSr
03-08-2005, 04:42 PM
After going over the responses to the polling, this is what Ive come up with that we will need for the races. First, I think we should go with one size for 1st place, and a smaller size for subsequent places, but all of these should be the same size, and not have the place tag on them. The place tags are normally have a peel and stick adhesive, and can be put on at the time they are awarded. The idea behind this is you can make necessary adjustments depending on class turnouts, etc. You simply order a few extra tags of different places, instead of extra trophies and we can adjust as necessary by just sticking on the tags we need, or left untagged if necessary. Some classes may not even have 3 entries.

This is what I came up with for MX and drags.

Trophies:
7 - 1st place trophies with the place tags on them.
14 - smaller subsequent place trophies, all same size, no place tags.

Place Tags:
1 1st Place
7 2nd Place
6 3rd Place
3 4th Place

Its complicated as to how I came up with it, and havent written out all the details of which classes are questionable as far as turnout, but this should cover it.

5x7 plaques are tiny. Ive got one of them, and they are just incredible small. If we can go with an 8x10, its a lot better, still a little, but large enough.

7 -

Billy Golightly
03-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Derrick, How are the plaques/trophies coming?

freaksfix
03-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Derrick, How are the plaques/trophies coming?

I 2nd that,,,, I called the place Holic was talking about and they cant get them anymore..... I am working on getting some.... I'll post when I now more.....

freaksfix
03-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Will 43 be enough?? Are these saposta have a wooden base under them?? I'll leave the plaques and engraved tags up to someone else... Who do I send these to,,, Tim, Howdy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7500575847&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Derrick Adams
03-19-2005, 11:22 AM
WOW, what a deal! Good eye Freakfix!
I actually have everything lined up with a company called "Mr. Trophy.com". They can have them all to me within 2 weeks. I've been waiting to make sure we don't come up with any others that we need. BUT, since you picked up all those figurines, we could always add another at any local trophy shop.

All the places I've checked seemed to be very comparable in price. Here's the final tally of plaques and trophies.

7- 15" Column trophies @ $9.75
4- 12" Column trophies @ $6.75
21-10" Column trophies @ $5.95

8- 1st place tags
7- 2nd place tags
6- 3rd place tags
3- 4th place tags
1- K.O.T.H. tag
1- Best of Show tag
1- Best Original tag
1- Best Modified tag

1- Most Memorable Trikefest Incident plaque @ $25.00
1- Trikefest Showmanship award plaque @ $25.00

There's your update, guys! Anything to add or subtract, let me know. ASAP.

Billy Golightly
03-19-2005, 02:28 PM
We need that "Long Distance" plaque too if you can still get it Derrick. Otherwise I think it looks super.