PDA

View Full Version : any trike shocks fit on a warrior?

vartiak15
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
buddy needs a new warrior shock wondering if a z shock would work, its a 96 warrior.

mike from long island
02-01-2005, 10:54 PM
i am sure a tri-z shock will work but good luck finding a good usable tri-z shock cheap. just get another warrior shock off ebay

Dan Tenn
02-02-2005, 11:50 AM
:eek: I'm in complete awwww. If you are actually thinking about taking a rare trike part to fix a crappy(cheap) quad part, I suggest you impose a 1 week suspension from all three wheeler sites on yourself. You need some time off to think about what you did here young man. :rolleyes:

Tri-Z Pilot
02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, if people use warrior shocks on Z's, then you can use Z shocks on warriors I suppose. The reason people use warrior shocks though is because Z shocks are hard to come by, expensive, and non-rebuildable, just look for a warrior shock.

vartiak15
02-02-2005, 10:44 PM
the older warrior shcoks arnt rebuildable either. im jsut trying to find out what shocks fit so Dan Tenn dotn respond to a post if dont got an answer or an idea. how do your response help me at all? im looking at my options. i dont care if they are rare if i find one for cheep ide probly tell my friend. ok so anyone no any shocks that will work on the warrior? raptor? shee? honda shocks?

Wickedfinger
02-03-2005, 08:52 PM
... he was just kidding you vartiak15 ....... He does bring up a good point though - in theory, its next to impossible to find a "good" Tri-Z rear shock - but there are probably thousands of good warrior shocks out there, and cheap I might add - so I would just shoot for that. If hes looking for performance, try a new Works.

vartiak15
02-03-2005, 11:30 PM
ya lots of warrior shocks. how do i no if any of them are good. or if they are just like his. how can u really tell if u need a new one? he says b/c he can lift up the back a lil and it will just sag down. it wont stay. any way to really test a shock?

Wickedfinger
02-03-2005, 11:38 PM
You can take it to any dealer and they will test it - the truth is - if its dampening the springs movement in both compression and rebound ... its still basically working. I would try adjusting the pre-load nut to a heavier setting to see if that helps.