PDA

View Full Version : got any guitarists on here??

honda200
02-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey, I been playing guitar for 3 years now, and wanted to post a picture of my Custom Jem Style

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/curtis_guitars/Jem%20Guitar/JemProgress2.jpg

obviously, it is not complete, but its getting close

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/curtis_guitars/Guitar/CurtisGuitar1.jpg

thats me with my washburn strat-o-crapper copy :D :D I am pretty sure that the tapping i was doing there was made up on the spot, sounded actually pretty good,

so we got any others out there??

Curtis

Wickedfinger
02-02-2005, 01:53 PM
22 years and counting ... oh my poor knuckles. I'm not one of those players who collects guitars (my buddy Rich has almost 42 I think). I find one I like, and thats pretty much it. Currently I still have every guitar I've ever owned - they are : 1990 Gibson SG custom (bought new in 1989, ordered from the factory) ordered in heritage red - but came in seafoam green (I couldn't bear to send it back so I kept it) with a S/D "hot 59er" humbucker and a Steinberger trem, 1972 Gibson ES335 standard in heritage red, 1986 Ibanez Rhoadstar custom (my first electric guitar) with a Floyd Rose Trem. I have a 1996 Taylor 514CE and a 1966 pre-Gibson Epiphone FT79 "Texan" that was my dads. Heres a picture of my weathered and battered best friend - the Epiphone (the rest are at by "jam" house)

honda200
02-02-2005, 02:09 PM
sounds like some sweet guitars, for me:

custom jem style
washburn strat copy
old Commadore acoustic (first ever guitar, its one of my best ones for sound)
left handed Kent double cut style semi hollow body electric (i strung it up regular handed once and it sounded good, was awkward to play) its my dads, he dont play anymore

my amp, well, it was supposed to be a Marshall JSM 4x12 cabinet with a Randall head on it, but the damn music store never brought it in!! so i cancelled the order and am using the money for two 250R's :P

my amp right now is a Peavey Bandit 112 with scorpion speaker in it, its OK, but for tone, i hate it :P

Curtis

atczack
02-02-2005, 06:59 PM
I play a little too...

Russell 350X
02-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I have a Krammer, I'm not 100% sure what model it is. I have a Peavy Rage250 15watt amp, pretty decent amp. My Krammer has quad and duel rail duncan pickups. Right now its getting worked on, getting a wammy bar put on, floyde rose neck lock, and 56/13 GHS Boomers (strings) tuned to C. Eventually I would like to get a ESP/LTD F-50 in black cherry, or a ESP/LTD EX-400.

Russ

CHAINSAW
02-02-2005, 11:35 PM
I used to have a ton of stuff, but sold it all when I quit the band thing....

Here are 2 of my Roswells (The best guitars ever made in my opinion) The light blue one was a Jackson Custom Shop one, and the black one was #2 of 200 in 1996. I sold the light blue one a couple of years ago when I was broke, but kept the black one. Ive always wanted the aluminum model, but there was only 102 ever made, and run around $4000 IF you can find one.

Dammit!
02-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Don't have all of this stuff anymore but here's some pics anyway. Sold one of the Mesa cabs, the two Ibanez guitars and the Korg. Still have everything else.

PLJ.
02-03-2005, 01:17 AM
I play a bit also, or maybe I should say "learning" to play. I have been at it for about 4 years and know most of the open chords and can switch pretty quickly. Bar chords are the next step and are giving me some trouble. I have a Fender Cyclone electric, Kingston full size acoustic, Synsonic 3/4 acoustic and an Alvarez "Gibson Dove" copy made in the early 70's. I really would like to buy a Takamine acoustic electric with the built in tuner, pickups and tone controls next.

bigredhead
02-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Here's my BC Rich, Platinum Series. Don't know what year it is, but i've had it for about 6 - 7 years ... previous owner had an EMG humbuck put on it, sounds better for heavy stuff...

used to have a Quest manhattan, gave that to my little bro.

I'm actually selling it, hardshell case, Boss DS1 pedal, Peavey amp backstage plus, stand, tuner, the whole works. Not playin anymore.. used to play for hours on end, day after day... oh the metallica years.. LOL..

gonna put the money on the SX, it'l get more use there.

thinking 450 $ ish.

dividebyzero
02-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Here's my bass.A fender precision 50th anniversary.Number 466 out of 500 made.

200xkwit
02-06-2005, 11:30 PM
well for all u guitar players. i used to play and now im trying to sell my once prized basses for trikefest and my 200x funds. i have 2 fender squir p basses one is a special ( more nobs and pickups) and a small 20watt practice amp. both red with white pick ups and a nice light wood neck. new strings and pick ups on one. one has a few small nics in the paint nothin big. both have straps and one gig bag and a few cords come with them as well if anyones interested let me know ill let um go for 300/bo

Russell 350X
02-07-2005, 04:35 PM
well for all u guitar players. i used to play and now im trying to sell my once prized basses for trikefest and my 200x funds. i have 2 fender squir p basses one is a special ( more nobs and pickups) and a small 20watt practice amp. both red with white pick ups and a nice light wood neck. new strings and pick ups on one. one has a few small nics in the paint nothin big. both have straps and one gig bag and a few cords come with them as well if anyones interested let me know ill let um go for 300/bo

do u have any pics???