PDA

View Full Version : swapmeet?

3leggeddog
02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
what are your thoughts on a swapmeet type gathering.might be a good way to sell those parts you've had layin in the garage.i don't know if theres time
or if it is worth the hassle.just an idea i had

350x'inNY
02-03-2005, 02:59 PM
It'd be cool to do that I think.... only draw back would be space hauling things out and back and time to "sit" with your merchandise. I know there's some "virtual" swap meeting going on just from people bringing what other's need, etc. Personally, Trikefest is about riding the trikes more than digging though parts... (I know.... I did more wrenching than riding it felt, but that wasn't by choice! hhaha)

...OR we could just did something like that on a "regional" level. You know... an OH one at Howdy's... a NY-Northern PA one at my farm, etc....

Bruce

OldSchoolin86
02-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I think Trikefest is more about enthusiast getting together and celebrating a common interest; 3 wheelers. I say if there is enough interest in swap meet then it should happen. Not everyone is going to want to hag out at the MX track, the drag strip or “Devils Backbone”. I know I’d probably buy some parts I need if I saw them. This is one of those things that we don’t need room for in the schedule. A “trailer” sale can happen anytime.

jmack3986
02-03-2005, 04:26 PM
it would work. we should set up an hour period in each day or maybe on day for it. so if people do need parts for instance me it would be nice i think we should

LonesomeTriZ
02-03-2005, 04:34 PM
It sounds like a great idea. How ever it is not very practical. Would you want to sit in one spot while every body else is riding. i know I have not attended Trifest yet, but I do know how much I love the feel of handlebars. Why not just bring a parts list and and have a common area where it is posted with every one elses? Just a thought to work with. ;)

OldSchoolin86
02-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I think some of you are taking this way too serious, lol. Nobody would be forced to sit in a swap meet against thier own will. If you'd rather be riding then don't sit there and sell parts. It doesn't get any easier.

3leggeddog
02-03-2005, 05:09 PM
thats a good idea also,i would feel better meeting the person with the parts,and then buying them later.rather then only chating through the web before a purchase.what if we got together at the dinner and had a auction or a place to set up parts so while we were eating you could browse the selection?then noone would miss out on riding,we all would be in the same general area anyways,maybe that would work.well
like i said,i don't know if it's worth the hassle,but if you come home with that part you've been needing for a great price and no shipping it may be worth it.lets see what tim,howdy,honda atc, and the other board members think of the pros and cons and go from there.thanks for the input so far.

3leggeddog
02-03-2005, 05:14 PM
wow,old schoolin86 i just now relized that the pic on your sig is a negative of the group
pic,what a dumd @$$ i am,lol

hahahaha i even spelled dumb wrong,hehehehe

OldSchoolin86
02-03-2005, 05:18 PM
wow,old schoolin86 i just now relized that the pic on your sig is a negative of the group
pic,what a dumd @$$ i am,lol
lol, don't feel bad a lot of people don't get it.

Bill X_R
02-03-2005, 07:01 PM
lol, don't feel bad a lot of people don't get it.

Oh no, you should feel bad! J/k

Howdy
02-03-2005, 07:23 PM
You know... an OH one at Howdy's... a NY-Northern PA one at my farm, etc....

Bruce

Heck, We have enough parts at the shop to hold our own swap meet. lol
Howdy

Trikeaholic
02-03-2005, 08:06 PM
its a decent idea, if you have some parts for sale, just bringem anyways!

max
02-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Bring The Women To Sit With The Parts. Duh!

Lots_Of_Nothing
02-21-2005, 03:50 AM
I have some parts I am ready to just throw in the dump, sick of them sitting around. How about I just put them in a big box with a FREE sign on them, and I sit back and watch who gets it first. :D

3leggeddog
02-23-2005, 08:22 PM
if two people want the same part they can drag race for it!!

Howdy
02-23-2005, 09:27 PM
I talked to Pickle about this, and have come up with a idea.
This is still in the planning stages: But we plan on bringing a stash of parts ( Who knows what all we will bring ). But We are going to have one pile / big box of parts that we are / will be donating. If someone needs / wants a part out of that box / pile they can have it. If you want to give a little $$ for the part I will have a donation can and Every Dime goes to the site / Trikefest cost. This will all be done on the honor system.
If other people have stuff to put in the box / pile they are free to do so. What better way help someone else out and possibly raise some donates for the site and yet .
What do you think? Good bad or other?
Howdy

3leggeddog
02-24-2005, 08:52 PM
thats an excellent idea.i'll bring the extra parts i've accumilated from the r rebuild,they are not worht much to me,but may be treasure to another.

more costly parts for sale can always be set up for display at dinner,or a list made of the more expensive parts someone might have for sale.that way if anyone wants to bring a used aftermarket pipe,or a motor,etc.,we will have a way for others to purchase these things.what are the opinions on that??