PDA

View Full Version : trikeaholic!

plkmonster2
01-19-2003, 08:11 AM
is your 230 running? if not, spin the engine over very slowly by hand, when it gets to a compression, put some pressure behind it and see how long it takes for it to let the pressure out, it should take a while. mine did that, and it let gas into the oil!!

also, check your points, spin the engine over. if they spak, they need to be cleaned. that will prevent the engine from getting spark at a faster rpm over the rpm you give it when you start it.

what carb are you using? is it the right mm for the engine? is the idle high enough? is there good seals between the carb and the head?

take the carb off and put your palm over the intake. turn the engine over. if it pushes air back to your hand, you need to reseat your intake valve. do the same for the exhaust.

is the air filter plugged? crud in the jets? finally, see if your kill switch is slightly grounding out.

:-D :-D :-D GOOD LUCK!! :-D :-D :-D

Trikeaholic
01-20-2003, 09:21 PM
thanks for your interest. I did have it running, even rode it a little without the seat on. To get it started, we had to pull it down the road behind my neighbors blazer. once going, it sounded like it was running, so I pulled in the clutch and it just idled no problem. (took a few times, but eventually, it idled, and after it was warm it would kickstart, altough very hard to start) once I touched the throttle, it would want to stall, but done gently enough I could ride it, up to about 1/2 throttle. Drained the gas, appeared to be water contaminated, cleaned carb again, then no kickstart, didnt try towing again, figured i would put it away without being peed off! Carb is stock but should get a rebuild kit for it, I know that much. I think the spark is weak, probly from the flywheel area.

also, check your points, spin the engine over. if they spak, they need to be cleaned. that will prevent the engine from getting spark at a faster rpm over the rpm you give it when you start it.

what does this mean?? does this thing have points? I dont remember seeing anything under the cover but wrapped up wire things.

plkmonster2
01-26-2003, 02:42 AM
i dont know, what engine is it, also, it is overhead cam? the points are the things that open up and let the circut flow instead of shorting out

HemiChallenger71
01-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Have you adjusted the valves and throughly cleaned the carb trikeaholic? I didnt read your post, so sorry if you stated that you did.

Trikeaholic
01-26-2003, 06:05 PM
it doesnt have points like a briggs and stratton.........im sick of this POS its for sale, see classifieds...