PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Seeing "Wife Says Must Sell" !!!!

Orangecnty250r
02-04-2005, 09:07 AM
In the past month month I 've seen too many ads for three wheelers on ebay saying "wife says must sell". Currently an 84 tecate and 85 250R list that reason as of today. If that was the case for me I take a picture of my wife and post her on ebay saying "my trike says I must sell" need to buy a new wife. I just had to get that out sorry for venting.

MO350X
02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Are you married? he he he

Sometimes those statements are true.
Most times, they're just a bogus excuse.

In my case, it was true.....I had an R and a 350X in the garage as well as two more trikes.
One of the "hot rod" (as the wife says) trikes had to go.
It was a painful decision but I kept the R.
Yes, momma pushed me to do it....now I'm thankful for it because I can concentrate my efforts (and funds) on ONE trike.

twgranger
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
In the past month month I 've seen too many ads for three wheelers on ebay saying "wife says must sell". Currently an 84 tecate and 85 250R list that reason as of today. If that was the case for me I take a picture of my wife and post her on ebay saying "my trike says I must sell" need to buy a new wife. I just had to get that out sorry for venting.
That bothers you? :rolleyes:

ScottZJ
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Well I have to say, my wife is super awesome and very understanding. I dont think she would ever say that to me, to make me sell mine. She would leave it up to me, but times change and things change. Sometimes you have to give to receive. I think my wife is way more important than some worldly 3 wheeler. If she is truely the love of your life, then she means more than any worldly possession. Plus you can also get another trike, when the time is right............peace :D

Orangecnty250r
02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Not married yet :w00t: but have lived with the same person for years so i might as well be at times. I think shes happy I'm chasing machines not other women :naughty: If it works out for someone great but if its in your gut that you don't want to get rid of something i say fight. I sold my 92 six speed corvette 5 years ago on my own decision to buy a new Durango so I could reliably commute during the harsh winters to my job. I think that car once or twice a week five years later. From experience I say keep those dream machines!! :D

Pistonhead
02-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Like I said PH makes his own decisions about his own possesions. If you don't want one of my trikes taking up space in the garage be prepared to see M.r. Big Red when you wake up in the morning! :D

Orangecnty250r
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Just trying to have a little humor with this post. If its taken seriously it can hit some nerves. I guess the timing is also on the heels of me overhearing a woman at work saying how she came home to her son and father out in the yard. The son was driving a used little quad the father surprised him with. He was laughing and smiling from ear to ear (had helmet). She had words with her husband about the danger and in two days went out to the garage inconspiculously puntured a tire and cut and hid a wire rendering it useless. She was bragging how she got him. The quad has since been sold. So thats fresh in my mind also.

Pistonhead
02-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Man what a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

foster
02-04-2005, 11:05 AM
That's why trikes are better than wives.
If you get bored riding your trike, your friend will very likely let you try his out.

I was telling my 13-yr-old son the other day about a buddy selling his trike.
"Why would he sell it?" he asked me.
"Well," I said, "he lost his job and has to feed his kids."
My boy just snorted.
"If I was him, I'd sell the kids and keep the trike," he said.

Ah, if only life were that simple . . . .

LonesomeTriZ
02-04-2005, 11:22 AM
some men are weak like that. they should have know before entering such a merger what the person is like. And if they allow her to control like that, well it is his falt. :rolleyes:

TimSr
02-04-2005, 11:50 AM
You guys must have no clue about dealing with women! Rule number 1 - Whenever you make any major decision, always make her think its her idea! I think this guy wants to sell his trike, and is scoring a double bonus on the deal by publically stating that his wife is boss. This way, he not only gets additional sympathy bids and a better price on his trike, but his wife actually thinks she is in control, and he will be rewarded at home for months. This guy is probably a diabolical scheming genius.

asc180
02-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Women are nice and so are toys. The thing to remember is they are all replacable. New year, new model, new fun. I personally wouldn't sell it if she told me too but I don't listen to well to my girlfriend. Bought 3 trikes in the last month and she had something to say about everyone. LOL Now they are taking up her parking space.

bigredhead
02-04-2005, 12:25 PM
No wife, but my dog gets pissed when she sees me get all dressed up. .. thinking " Oh BOY>.. i'm going for a WALK !! WOOOO T !!! " and then i close the doog, lock it and go riding.. haha... man she hates that.

shudup
02-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Just trying to have a little humor with this post. If its taken seriously it can hit some nerves. I guess the timing is also on the heels of me overhearing a woman at work saying how she came home to her son and father out in the yard. The son was driving a used little quad the father surprised him with. He was laughing and smiling from ear to ear (had helmet). She had words with her husband about the danger and in two days went out to the garage inconspiculously puntured a tire and cut and hid a wire rendering it useless. She was bragging how she got him. The quad has since been sold. So thats fresh in my mind also.

I feel more sorry for the poor kid. Kinda pisses me off that someone would do that to there kid!!

Big_Red_Ryder
02-04-2005, 02:43 PM
My wife made me buy my 86 Big Red :w00t:
Sometimes I think she is more into muddin than I am... :D

OldSchoolin86
02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
That bothers you? :rolleyes:
It bothers me too. Anything that is a load of crap bothers me. I've done things because my wife has convinced me that they are good ideas but she has never made me do something. It's just weak, that's all. I don't loose any sleep over it.

Pistonhead
02-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Like I said, if you don't want my stuff in the house you better be prepared to see it when you wake up in the morning! Goes for my trikes, my mounted hunting trophies, guns, cd collection, and pretty much everything. If you don't like my Dimebag poster in the living room be prepared to see a guitaur god every morning! I'm sorry, but I just think it is weak to let your woman push you around and force you into doing something! Man the woman I marry is going to have to be one tolerant gal!! I just don't believe in getting rid of my things or locking them away in a closet, some guys I know have "hunting rooms" where they keep all their trophies and things and others I know just keep theirs in the garage, I'm sorry but I won't do that with my stuff: if you don't like my ugly ass boars head over the television you are dating the wrong guy!

asc180
02-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Like I said, if you don't want my stuff in the house you better be prepared to see it when you wake up in the morning! Goes for my trikes, my mounted hunting trophies, guns, cd collection, and pretty much everything. If you don't like my Dimebag poster in the living room be prepared to see a guitaur god every morning! I'm sorry, but I just think it is weak to let your woman push you around and force you into doing something! Man the woman I marry is going to have to be one tolerant gal!! I just don't believe in getting rid of my things or locking them away in a closet, some guys I know have "hunting rooms" where they keep all their trophies and things and others I know just keep theirs in the garage, I'm sorry but I won't do that with my stuff: if you don't like my ugly ass boars head over the television you are dating the wrong guy!

I like that answer I have a 6x10 foot Iron Maiden Killers blanket hanging in my living room. You should have seen the looks I recieve when woman see it for the first time. LOL

Oldshell4481
02-04-2005, 08:21 PM
i like riding trikes as much as riding something else *cough*woman*cough*

Pistonhead
02-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I like that answer I have a 6x10 foot Iron Maiden Killers blanket hanging in my living room. You should have seen the looks I recieve when woman see it for the first time. LOL

Dude, killers is my favourite Maiden album Cover! That must look killer! :D
I've noticed alot of chicks don't exactly share my obsession with metal either, don't get me wrong, I've met a few, but most don't. I fully intend to have crazy babies playing when my first child is born etc. etc.!
:beer

Jez
02-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Women are nice and so are toys. The thing to remember is they are all replacable. New year, new model, new fun.

LOL...............That has got to be the quote of the century. I like your style! :D :beer

fhportal
02-05-2005, 11:58 PM
It was my wife that got me hooked on three wheelers (she's had one since she was 10 I just finally got my own)... So I'm not to worried about the three wheelers, but I am worried about all the other sutff I collect!!

threewheelin-feelin
02-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Are you married? he he he

Sometimes those statements are true.
Most times, they're just a bogus excuse.

In my case, it was true.....I had an R and a 350X in the garage as well as two more trikes.
One of the "hot rod" (as the wife says) trikes had to go.
It was a painful decision but I kept the R.
Yes, momma pushed me to do it....now I'm thankful for it because I can concentrate my efforts (and funds) on ONE trike.
hey buddy like your sig says..."a new triker is born" :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :w00t: :w00t:

3 weelin geezer
02-06-2005, 11:54 AM

If mine did that, I would mysterioiusly mix the firing order on the plug wires on the car. What did you do to the car??? It won't start and YOU drove it last. It worked before. So much for going to the mall. Or girl's night out.

:wondering I wonder if thats why my M/C wont run right anymore....Hmmmm. No really, its something with the carburetor thats flooding. I still wouldn't sell my wife though but don't tell her.

Pistonhead, the garage is MY room. I let her have the rest of the house. Besides, she has something you want that a big ass boar's head over the tv aint gonna get you if you know what I mean. :p My girl's idea of a hunting room is that big container with wheels that gets put to the curb every wednesday to be donated to the poor big old white truck that is missing an arm (for charity she says) I guess I must agree.

TABDUDE
02-07-2005, 06:32 PM
My wife is awesome about my trikes and would never tell me to get rid of any of them. We have talked openly about how some of the rides are a little more impractical and I don't ride them as much which she thinks is a shame.She is really happy that I'm looking for trikes,cars,or parts on the web all the time in stead of all the other trash most men are searching for. I love my toys but they are just what Scott said "worldly stuff". I love my wife and I take care of her and she takes care of me.GIVE & TAKE along with mutual respect. :) I can get more stuff, can't replace her.
SEE YA TB

Lomax
08-26-2005, 12:31 AM
I dunno, Im not married nor do i have a g/f. Between the trikes, quads, metal music, and any other toy that i think i have to have comes to mind, I will have a hard shot at it again im sure. I damn sure wont sell anything just because it was her idea though. I know that these are just wordly items but if she is knows me, then she knows that this is my passion and it would be just damn wrong to attempt to take that away from me. anything the wife ever says (if i ever get married) must sell, will have a price tag on it so high that only an idiot would buy it. At that point i guess we would both be happy, hell, i am speaking from inexperiance like alot of us on here, Come hell nor high water would I ever sell my 350X though, that would be some thin ground to tread on though...

88 Turbo Coupe
08-26-2005, 02:27 AM
I maybe should have married a chic who drinks, smokes, owns a truck and loves to go out in the woods. Instead i married one who works in a office dresses reeal nice, smells real go and is hot as hell. Sold everything except my 1970 Challenger T/A. But I bought alot more stuff after I got married! YES

Wickedfinger
08-26-2005, 06:05 PM
"Wife Says Must Sell" !!!! ... is a code word for "I need the money to buy her a new Mini-van".