PDA

View Full Version : New Forum, New Rules

Billy Golightly
02-04-2005, 10:27 PM
All other forum rules apply here as well, but there are a few exclusives:

#1: If someone happens to post a link on ebay to an item you were watching, Do not pitch a fit. Try PMing the person who posted it and if you explain the situation maybe they will be nice enough to delete their thread for you.

#2: Do not cross forum post. This means if you post a link to an ebay auction here, Dont make a thread in Trikesylvania or the Open forum about the same auction. I want to keep all the ebay related auction links and discussion in here.

#3: ....Still thinking, I'll let you know when I figure it out :p

StangLX302
02-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Can we post links to things we have up for auction on eBay??

Billy Golightly
02-04-2005, 11:33 PM
No. If its your personal auction it needs to go in the Classifieds, and it will count as your one selling post per front page.

Howdy
05-13-2005, 07:48 AM

#1: If someone happens to post a link on ebay to an item you were watching, Do not pitch a fit. Try PMing the person who posted it and if you explain the situation maybe they will be nice enough to delete their thread for you.

#2: Do not cross forum post. This means if you post a link to an ebay auction here, Dont make a thread in Trikesylvania or the Open forum about the same auction. I want to keep all the ebay related auction links and discussion in here.

#3: Do not post links to you own items or auctions. That is a classified ad, and it should go in the classifieds. If its posted in the classifieds, it will count as you one selling post on the front page. Any links to personal auctions posted in this forum will be edited or deleted, not moved to the classifeds for you.

#4: ....Still thinking, I'll let you know when I figure it out :p

Does anyone read the rules? We have had to remove postings almost daily from this forum. If your posting a link to your own auction place it in the classifieds.
Howdy

350x'inNY
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM

However, if someone has already "responded" to the original post, the original post-ee can not "kill the thread" I've tried this in the past on an item and the original post-ee could not delete his post.

Orangecnty250r
10-04-2005, 09:21 PM
There were two posts the past day (one that I responded to) that "disappeared"

OldSchoolin86
10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
However, if someone has already "responded" to the original post, the original post-ee can not "kill the thread" I've tried this in the past on an item and the original post-ee could not delete his post.
You can kill a whole thread if you started it.

Howdy
10-04-2005, 09:29 PM
If the original poster can't kill the thread, they can contact one of the mods and they can do it for them. But the user that started the thread is the one that needs to do this. ;)

There were two posts the past day (one that I responded to) that "disappeared"

I know what post you are talking about. Some of it was removed because it got off topic, the rest was removed by request. ;)
Howdy

350xsx
05-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry Howdy, for that post of my own link in the ebay links & discussions forum, i read the rules a while ago, and thought it was the other way around. That you have to put your own links in that section and they where not allowed in the classifieds. I now know, sorry, see what happens when you own a 4wheeler for a few months, you lose your mind, thank god i dont have it anymore...Sorry if this doesnt belong here either, but i figured that its on topic, and wanted to apologize.
Thanks to you and all of the mods keeping a great site together
Kyle

edit:
Also, just for a suggestion for a rule, i know i recently didnt do it, but if your going to post multiple classifieds, even if ones a few days old and you decide to sell something else, to keep it on the same thread, and it will help clean up the classifieds a little bit, just an idea to throw it on therules so the people who read them obey it, i realize itw ould be a major pain in the butt to stay on top of it, but its just a suggestion. :crazy: