PDA

View Full Version : Injured. Would you still ride.

raptor
02-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Ive slipped a disc in my lower back, only minor, i can still move but little dis-combfat.

well i get my trike back early next week. would you ride with a injury or wait for it to heel?

Just cant wait! :TrikesOwn

Maine_Triker
02-05-2005, 12:43 PM
I would'nt, incase you crash you could do serious damage, also it would be hard to ride 'in a box'. JMHO

raptor
02-05-2005, 12:54 PM
lol. i cant wait to get it up the mountains. climb some hills take some photos etc.

hopefully my back is better soon

Tri-Z Pilot
02-05-2005, 01:26 PM
I just finished rebuilding my blaster a couple of years ago, about 3 days after I broke my collar bone, I had to ride it because It had been down for a while, I took it fairly easy though.

raptor
02-05-2005, 01:33 PM
yeh. im going to take it easy. not a bat out of hell as if i fall i could make it 100 times worse!

Just want to get it back brake it in and go for a ride!

Pistonhead
02-05-2005, 01:56 PM
The only time I wont ride is if my leg gets so badly cramped or broken that I can't shift or keep my feet on the pegs, I also hurt my back in a similar way, except I was riding when I did it-stupidly lifting the trike from behind with my back instead of my legs.

1984kxtTECATE
02-05-2005, 02:11 PM
If you do ride take it real easy. If they disc slips further you can end-up being paralyzed for life. That wouldn't be worth it.

Mobular
02-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Let's see....back injury...Hmmmm....NO!

200xkwit
02-06-2005, 11:36 PM
maybe get a back brace if u plan on riding on out before u totally heal. u could prolly borrow one from trailprotrailpro doctor...lol dont tell um what its for tho. and ask for a few vicodin... if trailprotrailpro bike doesnt have rear shocks of course

a-camp
02-06-2005, 11:59 PM
No Vics . I crushed a disc and had a bulge on the next one up from strait legging the sand in the dunes on my Cr 500. At first I though my leg was broke. Then I lost the use of it for 3 months. After a couple months of therapy I was working again. Dont screw around !! I tryed riding for two more years . Back in therapy everytime I kicked that 500 more that 3 or 4 times in a day.I sold it and got a trike. If you go down on hard ground you may end up haveing to tape a popsicle stick to your pecker if you get my drift. Dont ever quit riding just Take the time you need to get better . Dont rush your back youl keep starting over. Dunes are fine on my back. Oh ya. Ibuprofen 800 mg at a time it stops the swelling and works better than 1000mg vicoden for that kind of pain. If you cant feel it youl hurt it worse so be careful with the narc.'s and relaxers.
Good luck

thefox
02-07-2005, 12:21 AM

I second that, a back injury is something you don't want to mess with.

OldSchoolin86
02-07-2005, 12:49 AM
exactly^^^^

Quickonstep
02-07-2005, 01:48 AM

yea.. but he wont beable to ride it.. after the 2nd kick, he will be laying on the ground crying that he cant move.. you should know better than to ride with a BACK injury.. i guess you dont learn those things living IN A BOX

Jesse

raptor
02-07-2005, 08:47 AM
thanks for the advice gentlemen. back is getting better. but pain is still there but not so bad. i can bend over now and pick things up. i took it easy. watched the superbowl xxxIx yesterday. feet up. doritios and buds! wont be riding my trike this week. my son is due tomorrow. maybe if i can get a quick 5 mins in i will!

Oldshell4481
02-07-2005, 07:14 PM
i wouldnt risk messing up your back. that is the area of your body that takes the worst beating while riding.

PowerTrike
02-08-2005, 12:08 AM
If you must ride make sure its just "putting around" on something with suspension. Like stated before, it could get worse. My back is a little messed up; bottom vertebre is fused to my hip on one side and other side is suppored by only muscle tissue and the rest of my back is generally crooked due to the bottom verebre until the middle where it straightens out...it flares up on me every once in a while if I damage the tissue doing something. Chiropractor got real pissed when she heard i was riding when it was flared up...

Hope you heal up asap!