PDA

View Full Version : Need new ATV tires! From who?

lisnup65
02-08-2005, 09:39 AM
I am in the market for new tires for a few of my ATV's. Like most veryone else, I am looking to get the best bang for the cheapest amount. I need tires for my 3 and 4 wheelers. I know about RockyMountain, but they only seem to sell package deals now in days. I am not looking for rims also, just the raw tires. I figure if RM can sell a package deal for $150.00 then I should not have to pay $65-70.00 per tire from somewhere else.

Any suggestions on tires.
I have holeshot style now.
I am looking for a general trail riding tire and also tires that do well in the slick mudd and snow. So yes, I am actually looking for multiple sets, thus the wanting the cheapest prices I can find.

TIA,
Dave

thefox
02-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I get most of my tires from www.denniskirk.com they are hard to beat on price and shipping is free over $100 and just $6 if you spend up to $100. I believe they also have a price match guarantee.

TimSr
02-08-2005, 10:22 AM
You dont have to buy a combo from RockyMATV. Their tires are priced very competitively, quite a bit lower than DennisKirk, but you have to pay the freight which makes them end up costing about the same for me. I check both places, compare price including shipping, and buy from whichever one has them in stock. DK is closer to me, so they arrive a day or two sooner.

Howdy
02-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Man do I wish you ( TimSr & lisnup65 ) lived closer to me. I have tires coming out the ying yang ( over 100 tires ). I don't sell them on the net because the shipping cost would make them too costly ( IMO ). Maybe I should bring a bunch to TF and do some dealing. hmmmm
Howdy

TimSr
02-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I sell them all the time. Even with shipping they are a good seller, and shipping isnt too bad from here to anywhere in the midwest. The hardest part for me is the time it takes to get them off the rims. Maybe its time for a deal on a truckload! (as long as they are not a bunch of Carlisle Trail Pros!)

lisnup65
02-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I have not found Dennis Kirk to be fair priced on tires. I have found Maxxis "I" Razr 20*11*9 tires for around 65.00 each and DK wants $100.99 each. Free shipping or not, $35.00 extra a tire is nuts.
RMATV is $70.00 a tire for the above. When I purchased 4 tires mounted to .190 rims from RMATV, the shipping was $46.00 total for a 4 delivered.

Anywhere else?

lisnup65
02-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Man do I wish you ( TimSr & lisnup65 ) lived closer to me. I have tires coming out the ying yang ( over 100 tires ). I don't sell them on the net because the shipping cost would make them too costly ( IMO ). Maybe I should bring a bunch to TF and do some dealing. hmmmm
Howdy

How about I give you some sizes and you give me a shipped price. If all is fair, you may have a few less tires and I will have a few more.:-)

Howdy
02-08-2005, 07:05 PM
I will see about getting some pictures of some of the tires. I will make a post in the classifieds as soon as I get them.
Howdy

ATC crazy
02-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Personally, I have gotten my tires from RMATV and have loved their prices and service. I ordered some last spring and they arrived about a week or two after I ordered them. Their price was equal to DK and their shipping was cheaper, plus, RMATV has way better customer service should anything go wrong.

TimSr
02-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Their price was equal to DK and their shipping was cheaper,

How did you get cheaper shipping than DK's FREE SHIPPING?

lisnup65
02-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I will see about getting some pictures of some of the tires. I will make a post in the classifieds as soon as I get them.
Howdy

I have some 3 lugged rims with good tires(95% thread life) that I would be willing to trade. I dont even know what the 3 lugged rims are for!!!! They cam on a frankensteined 200X were the hubs were welded on the axle.

BIGCRIP28
02-09-2005, 09:51 AM
nice avatar
:beer

ATC crazy
02-09-2005, 08:59 PM
How did you get cheaper shipping than DK's FREE SHIPPING?

They didnt have that deal at the time I ordered them.

trikezilla
02-12-2005, 08:43 PM
do any of you guys have some nice used (or new) tires that would go good w/ a 83 R that u r willin to sell?? i have the stock rims on it yet..so i need 8 inchers