PDA

View Full Version : marshall creek in grapevine texas

khs70krazy
01-19-2003, 08:36 PM
anybody go out there?
i havent been out there for like 2 months ever since the communist took it over
it was a core of enginers owned and it was free and now the city owns it and cut the park in half and charge like 20 bucks to ride
pisses me of u cant go to the lake anymore too i hate it

Jeb
01-20-2003, 07:07 PM
I knew I should have went before now. always meant to check that place out but never did. I live over in Weatherford. I heard that when the lake was low, there was a great sandy beach area to ride on.

I went to Muenster a couple weekends back to Red River. It was my first time to go there and its a cool place. lots of sand. I think the guy said it's 2500 acres. It cost 8 bux to ride there and a long trip from me.

Glad to see another "some-what" local boy on here!

khs70krazy
01-20-2003, 10:34 PM
where is munster?
when the lake is down the riding is so funnnn
u can go like almost half way around the lake and muddin along trhe river beds

Jeb
01-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Muenster is about 15 miles west of Gainesville. Red River cycle park is about 10 miles or so northwest of Muenster.

khs70krazy
01-22-2003, 10:10 PM
hey u live in weatherford?
my parents r looking to buy a lake cabin out there so id be out there alot
but hows the lake?
we went out last weekend and looked at places
found one we like but the water seems to be an isue they all said its a shallow lake
does it fluctuate alot?

Jeb
01-23-2003, 11:47 AM
I have a good friend who has a place on the lake. We are out there some in the summer skiing and swimming and have been for several years. It has it's ups and downs. It's not that big of a lake, but it's not that bad. I enjoy it out there. It's convenience to the metroplex is what it has going for it. Personally, If I was looking to buy a place for recreation I'd rather have a place at Possum Kindgom or maybe Granbury.

MountainRider
01-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Red river cycle park sound like a lot of fun. When I get my 200x goin, maybe we can hook up down there. I'm in OKC, only a couple hours drive away.

jasenr
01-24-2003, 03:23 PM
What is a good area to ride around here? I have a quad and am looking for a trike. ;) I was hoping to find somewhere that wasn't too crowded or extreme.. I am just into trail riding!