PDA

View Full Version : this is retarded.. it really is.

Quickonstep
02-12-2005, 09:33 AM
ok.. the wedensday before last i dropped off some parts to a local shop.. well they get the parts and the money up front.. for a piston kit, a bore, head r/r and some other things.. wellthey said it would be done on the following wedensday..

The following wedensday rolls around, and i call up there and ask em if the stuff is done.. heads back from the machine ship, cylinder isnt. so i think ok..

thursday gets here and i call up there, yup they got the cylinder in, and have the head.. so i ride up there to go get it. I get there they hand me a box, and i said.. im missing the head, and the sparkplug and a few other misc items. They tell me, oh well we cant find the head.. we dont know where it is... if its not here, it must be at the machine shop. Well i think to myself, is this guy for real? I mean, does he really expect me to be ok with the fact that hes telling me he cant find the head that i dropped off and doesnt have the slightest clue on where its at? ANYWAYS.. i leave pretty pissed off at this point wondering what kinda backyard hillbilly operation i have sent my parts too.

Well that puts us to friday. I call up as SOON as they open and they tell me that the head will be there by 4 pm.. so i say ok. I wait until 4 pm, and call them back, head will be there by 5 pm. So now im getting a bit frustrated again, and i call back. The head is there. So i go in, i notice the head dowels are not in there, so they put them in, and sent me off with the head.

So last night, about 12 midnight, i decided to go install this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.. Well i get outside, get the piston in, cylinder on, head ready, im bout to drop the cam in and whala, of course this couldnt have gone in without a hitch the whole deal has been nothing but a headache. The cam setting pins and the cam plunger are missing.. so now i get to go back up there, and tell them hey i need the rest of these parts..

Does anyone here think that this is a bit ridiculous? And this shops attitude is just pathetic.. The dood i usually deal with aint around till monday, so i have to deal with the other owner and this guy is a total trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.. i mean he tried to make it my fault that he couldnt make the head.. OF COURSE im gonna get shitty when you tell me you have LOST my HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! what retard wouldnt?

I mean i was trying not to be the customer that every business just absolutly HATES, but what other choice do you have in the matter.. and to top it all off, if they try to charge me for this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro they were supposed to put back in ima be through the roof..

this is just retarded.

btw, skippy if you read this.. shoot me a pm or jump on aim..

Jesse

4cylinders
02-12-2005, 12:40 PM
hey, don't leave that little stuff with them, they lose it all the time.

Mobular
02-12-2005, 03:03 PM
I had a similar situation happen to me. They replaced some of the parts, but I learned a lesson. Now I send in stuff that is stripped. Only the essentials are left at the shop. I don't pay till it's done, but in your situation, get a DETAILED reciept listing all that has been dropped off.

MTS
02-12-2005, 03:19 PM
that is retarted, give him trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for the rest of there days, like comeone who the hell loses's a head WTF?

Quickonstep
02-12-2005, 06:04 PM
well.. heres the update..

went in today, they gave me the parts that were missing, finished putting it back together, wouldnt start.. tryed to adjust the vavles, but apparently i had the cam in wrong.. took the rocker box off, turned the cam 180 (yea it was 180 out) sat it back in there, buttoned everything up, hit the start button and boom, she came to life.. i couldnt believe it lol.. finally this thing runs.. and my god its enough to rip your arms outta socket lol.. 440cc's and some porting work, do wonders on these things..

btw, the machine is a 01 400ex, now a 440ex

Jesse

Lots_Of_Nothing
02-12-2005, 07:15 PM
The 440 kit is the BEST mod for the 400's. The power gain over stock is unbelievable, it really wakes those machines up. They are such fun to ride with the 440 kit. And to back it up the EX chassis has really good handling stock.

Sorry to hear about the shop troubles, ah well, live and learn , right?

TrikeKid
02-15-2005, 01:30 AM
tell anyone that you know rides and my go to them for service about your experience.