PDA

View Full Version : Shipping cost for this item

Huffa
02-15-2005, 06:45 AM
I won this pipe on ebay. It is a mere 45 miles away from me. Doesn't $15 seem high to ship it that close? I'd gladly pick it up as I'm going to be in the area with in about 5 miles of him. The guy won't let me though so because of his stubborness it's costing me 15 for the shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4526066793&category=43977

Even if 15 is reasonable I'm still pissed that I can't just pick it up. He could always just meet me down the road if he doesn't like customers coming to the house. Makes the deal seem a bit suspisious to me.

grundlegrabber
02-15-2005, 08:07 AM
That could be shipped Priority Mail for less than $10. Some people like to make money on the shipping. I don't rally think that's right- You pretty much have to ship it if you want to sell it, especially since he won't let people come and pick it up. I usually charge actual shipping plus maybe a buck or two for packing materials, and I've never had a problem with people picking stuff up, I just make sure they work around my scehdule, not theirs.

twgranger
02-15-2005, 08:38 AM
That price seems fair to me maybe alittle high but not bad. It's weird that he wont let you pick it up though.