PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Yamaha YFM200N Moto 4 Custom Suspension?!?!

Bomber495
02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
I have a 1985 Yamaha YFM200N Moto 4 and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen anyone put a suspension on a pre suspension yamaha atv? Also does anyone know if or where I can get new rims for it. I need two 4/156-10mm 12x7 and two 3/100-10mm 12x7. I dont know the offset either so if anybody know the offset that would be great if you could let me know. Thanks alot.

Miles

LonesomeTriZ
02-16-2005, 07:20 PM
That is a tuff littel quad you got there. I wish I could find one in good shape. Have you tried Ebay at all for the rims? I saw some on there not too long ago. :welcome:

Bomber495
02-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah its a tuff little quad! Its older then I am. lol im 15 and its 19 years old. You have a nice collection there yourself! Ebay I have tryed and I can find the 4/156 pretty easy but a 3/100 12x7 doesnt seem to exist! How are these tri z things? Are they cheap? I would love to look into one! AS FOR THE CUSTOM SUSPENSION! Do you think it could happen?

LonesomeTriZ
02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Any thing can happen. Even though I am searching for a YFM 200/225, I am not familiar with them enough to give suspension advice. If they are any thing like the YTM suspension that is a different story. What is it you want to do? As far as the Tri Z's, you can find them cheap just like anything else, but making it how you want it, that is another story. I would suggest being patient with Ebay. Eventually everything you need will come across there. Those quads get parted out on there from time to time.

Bomber495
02-16-2005, 07:51 PM
yeah but heres the problem. the stock 3/100 size is like 8x8 i need a 12x7 lol i dont think they exist! I might buy a 4/100 and drill holes if it will work idk though. I see you have yahoo messenger but your not on. My sn is Gollum495 and I sent you a friend request thing. Well I just want one to ride around on and pop wheelies and stuff and have fun. Who makes the tri z?

LonesomeTriZ
02-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Who makes the Tri Z? :eek: Oh, you have been deprived. Yamaha, the same manufacturer of your quad. That is all I ride. I see what you want now. All I can say about the rims is contact some parts suppliers like Ronnie’s or JR’s. They specialize in racing and odd parts that not every body else has. Make sure you know your back spacing and measurements. Please, what ever you do, do not drill out any rims. The chances of miscalculating are too strong. Then you have ruined the rim. You have a good quad, but it sounds like you want something built a little more for sport riding and not utility. If you like three wheelers look into a YTM 225 or 200. I do not use my Yahoo Instant Messenger very much. I am usually on MSN. I am not sure how that works though. I have tried to post my information so I can be reached that way, but no luck. If you want to use that my email address is lonesome00@hotmail.com