PDA

View Full Version : Ebay policing

jenndnn3
02-17-2005, 10:56 AM
I am curious, Why is it neccessary for the amount of policing that seems to go on with ebay. It is like some folks are looking for things to "catch" the seller at. I know If I was a seller I would get seriously irritated at some of the punk writing I have seen. If something is clearcut wrong then say hey guys so you know that is not such and such. But to email sellers over every little detial seems a little anal.

Now one example is the 350x shrouds. It was posted they were still available, but really do you need to email the guy? Just because he scored?

ScottZJ
02-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Maybe its the jealiousy that this person is making out like a bandit and they arent? I dont feel that someone is doing something wrong listing them. He didnt set the price of them, the bidders did. He just puts them as no longer available, which might be the case in his area. I have heard it thousand times before that tecate plastic is gone...but my shop has a warehouse full. But if you email them for informational reasons that cool, but to bash them due to the auction price and what not, is just lame. :(

TimSr
02-17-2005, 12:56 PM
The same people who critcize somebody for not being a certified expert on every thing they want to sell are also the first ones to take financial advantage of someone who is not an expert, to get something for a fraction of what its worths worth.

CHAINSAW
02-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I dont knit pick every little detail, but if someone has something wrong I correct them.

For example. there was a box full of "1985 TRI Z Motor Parts" about a month ago. The pictures were of a couple Tri Z parts, but mostly older air cooled YZ250 parts. I emailed the guy to correct him, so a person not knowing the difference and buying in good faith the seller knew what they were doing doesnt get screwed.
I consider what I do not policing, but more like helping. I know if I bought some stuff that was listed as a part that fit my machine, then it got to me and wasnt it at all... Id be pretty mad. Even if it was a mistake on the sellers part, its a huge hassle sending stuff back and getting your money back.

I think this is a little different from what your talking about, but I see no problem with emailing sellers and correcting them on stuff that has been listed wrong.

jenndnn3
02-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Tim, I will be the first to admit I like the mistaken auction, Or mispelled words, anything that makes it not show up in regular searches. Tho ebay is very limited to me due to dialup, and the incredible slow slow (did I mention slow) pace they have managed to pick up.

Chainsaw similar to what you are saying but take it a step further. When little Tommy finds a "interesting" auction he posts here, then its all out lets all email the poor seller.
There was a post earlier, somewhat like this except it looks to be gone now. Just as well didnt want to pick on the poor guy who posted it.

350x'inNY
02-17-2005, 05:01 PM
I still think it's dishonest to post an ad saying something is discontinued when you know it's not. Especially when you know for a fact that you've contacted the seller and you inform the seller and they knowingly continue their auction or start other ones with out changing their wording. Just me... guess maybe I'm too honest.

Bruce

ScottZJ
02-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Bruce you are 100% right, but the problem is, they in fact could be disco'd at his shop. Like I stated, tons of people have asked how I have been gettin tons of tecate OEM plastic when it is not longer available to them. Each shop had their own inventory/warehouse where they shared with other deals and what not. So in a manner, he could be telling the truth. In fact I bet he is telling the truth, cuz it looks like he bought them all! LOL To make money on ebay I guess :rolleyes:
But yes you are correct, that making false statements like that need to be addressed.

Howdy
02-23-2005, 11:03 AM
As a rule I don't police Ebay. But the other day while going through one of my searches I noticed a set of fenders that a guy was selling. He had no idea what they fit. I emailed him what they fit and he added the info to his auction. He even pimped the web site for us.
These are some NICE fenders.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4528941308

Howdy

200x Basket
02-23-2005, 12:35 PM
someone policed my tiger auction.. i wonder who???? LOL. i really think i know but dont care. i did PIMP this site big time int he sale. i hope none of ya'll mind???

Billy Golightly
02-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Pimp us allllllll you guys want haha! Good luck on the Tiger basket.

faf_racing
02-26-2005, 07:29 AM
i was looking for a good carb,so went too ebay, and seen the carb i wanted pic showed a nice shiny clean 36mm mikuni which would fit my application (84 250r) so i bid , we went back and forth till the carb was 120.00$$ and i won, when carb was sent i opened the box and received a crusty old heavily used carb that looked similar to the one i thought i was purchasing.I would of never paid this much if i knew!! ebay did NOTHING to the seller over this!! when i installed carb, worked fine. but point is he false advertised to make a high dollar sale.

200x Basket
02-26-2005, 07:41 AM
i was looking for a good carb,so went too ebay, and seen the carb i wanted pic showed a nice shiny clean 36mm mikuni which would fit my application (84 250r) so i bid , we went back and forth till the carb was 120.00$$ and i won, when carb was sent i opened the box and received a crusty old heavily used carb that looked similar to the one i thought i was purchasing.I would of never paid this much if i knew!! ebay did NOTHING to the seller over this!! when i installed carb, worked fine. but point is he false advertised to make a high dollar sale.

WOW, i would have sold you a 86 flatslide and thumb throttle for that.