PDA

View Full Version : Happy Martin Luther King Day Everybody.........

Mike Fort Laud
01-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Or is it James Earl Ray Day??? :evil: :evil: I worked today..Did you have the day off????????????? :evil: :evil:

Tri-Z_Jim
01-21-2003, 08:03 PM
happy ray day to you to.

OldSchoolin86
01-21-2003, 08:17 PM
In Wisconsin here the kids don't even get out of school. I don't know how this state gets away without doing anything for his birthday. I'm close enough to Chicago that my cable has their network channels and Milwaukees. I was watching Chicago news last night and some black guy was complaining about how disrespectful it was to be working or going to school on MLK day. I wish I had his number I would have gave it to my boss.

tony_250r
01-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I was off for MLK Day. I'll take any day they give me. I respect MLK for being brave, he had to be brave, he never backed down, even when he knew an asshole killer like JER would be coming to get him one day soon.

That would not happend to me because I back the second, you know, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I'm much different than MLK when it comes to that.

I went riding at Sun Fair Dry Lake and smoked a Raptor with my 86 250R, the Raptor had the Alien DCM exhaust system.

Quote:
"The Alien DMC is the latest (and the most revolutionary) exhaust system available for the Yamaha Raptor"

The guy kept saying, "I never got whipped by a 250R". I told him my trike had 3rd stage porting, bored one over and was hooked-up, ect.

hehehehehe

HemiChallenger71
01-21-2003, 10:39 PM
MERRY JAMES EARL RAY DAY TO YOU!!!!

This is the best year yet, I went all day without one mention of what the holiday was for, that made me happy.

It royally pisses me off how we have more recoginition for some civil rights activist bulshitter, than fro our veterans. We should have more recoginition for them than anyone other than the founding fathers.

tony_250r
01-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I'm a vet too. US ARMY from 1974 to 1977, Infantry 11B-10. I have 25 years US Federal Service to boot, hehehehehe.

I wish I had JER in my 270's corsshairs, then they could really give him a day, LMAO.

I did not intend to start a flam war, this will be my last response, hehehehehehehe

TimSr
01-21-2003, 11:39 PM
I have great respect for King too, and wish there were more true black leaders that would follow in his footsteps, instead of the MLK wannbe's like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who have done more to harm their naive "followers" than the original slave owners, and who disgrace King's ideology.

I recently saw an interview with King's widow who stated that celebrating his birthday by closing govt offices and not going to work is exactly opposite of what King would have wanted.

OldSchoolin86
01-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Jesse trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro is a no good race bater. All he wants is attention and he gets it by sticking his nose where it doesn't belong and jumping to select cases that most of the time have nothing racism.

DixiePlowboy
01-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Monday was two holidays in one for the State of Alabama. Gen. Robert E. Lee's birthday was observed also that day, as it has been for many years before mlk had a holiday.

ATC crazy
01-22-2003, 05:35 PM
:-P Well, My hat's off to Mr. Robert E. Lee. Happy B-Day old man. :-P

HemiChallenger71
01-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Yes happy birthday LEE!!!

BIGKAHUNA
01-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Well I am sure glad most of you got off for my birthday last year...you'll get it off again in a few more years... My birthdays was Nov. 28th. Glory to the BIGKAHUNA!!

Tri-Z_Jim
01-22-2003, 08:54 PM
I worked every MLK day at every job I've had,although my African -American co workers always took off that day and I never had a problem with it. My boss says this all the time lol "The excavating business cant afford to take off for BS holidays".I only have thanxgiving+friday, xmas,new yrs,mem day,july4th,and labor day off.
I thought every school in the USA had off on MLK day???

mudfreak99
01-22-2003, 09:13 PM
I agree with Hemi challenger on this subject.
It is a total crock of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for us to get out of school and off work for a guy that caused alot of rucuss back in the day. all he did was parade around like a freakin idiot and get riots started. I have my own words for this day but I will not say them just because I don't want to offend anybody to bad.
I think that it is sad that we don't get out onb verterans day... There are/were thousands upon thousands of american US soldiers of all races that have fought and died to get this country the way it is, but do we recognize them? NO, not nearly as much as we do that stupid little guy that pissed everyone off.
I am not saying what MLK did/ didn't do, is a bad thing. but there are other ways that it could have been gone about. And I see no problem with the way it was.
But if you all think that he is a civil rights leader think about this.
Hitler was a civil rights leader to. It just depends on what you consider civil rights.. and hitler did what he thought was civil. it was his opinion, and I am not saying that I agree with it by any means. But I would agree with hitler long bef I would MLK

He means nothing to me.

Oh and does everyon know that as of the year 2002, Mexicans now out number the black people in the US bye about 200,000

TimSr
01-22-2003, 11:59 PM
Apparently you have no idea what King did, but its not unusual for people to form opinions on things they know nothing about. "All he did was start riots"?
King and his followers disobeyed the laws of the time by walking into "whites only" establishments and sitting down, and refusing to leave until they were arrested. In the mean time they were beaten, spit on, and abused, which they answered by doing nothing, and saying nothing. They sat there and took it. He did lead demonstations, asking not for handouts, quotas, and special considerations, but merely equal opportunity. Perhaps you feel that an old black woman should have to give up her seat on a bus for a white person. Perhaps you feel blacks should not be allowed to eat in certain restaurants, or get treated in certain hospitals, or drink from certain water fountains. Thats your choice, but he was willing to "put up", instead of shut up, and he deserves respect for that. He was a firm believer on non-violence, and backed it with his life. Incidentally, unlike some of the Hollywood idiots of today, Charlton Heston, a man I admire very much, marched with King before it became politically correct, and endangering his own life because of it.
I have questioned whether his contributions merit a national holiday, but the fact that one has been named for him should not diminish his courage and contributions to civil rights. King was a great man and a great leader, and I think you are dead wrong to sum him up in words that more closely describe race baiting losers like Jesse jackson. You may not think it merits holiday, but please dont diminish his accomplishments unless you actually have some knowledge as to what they are.
Also, I really dont understand your reference and comparison to veterans. Last time I checked, Veterans Day was a holiday, as well as Memorial Day. How many of you guys griping actually take that extra day off to honor Veterans? How many of you make it a point to take that day to thank those who have served? Veterans truly deserve a very high honor, but its not because of MLK Day that most people treat this as an extra day off to have an extended weekend. Last time I checked, 20% of the military is black, when they comprise only 12% of the population.
What is really so wrong with a man who felt people should be judged as individuals instead of by where their great great grandparenst came from, and devoted his life to achieving that goal?

tecatecrazy
01-23-2003, 12:15 AM
man, you have got to be pretty racist to not want a day off of work.---Joe 8) oh yeah and I do take every vetrens day off (second week of nov.)

mudfreak99
01-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Well, I did not mean that I totally hated the guy by no means, and yes he was a courages man to stand up for what he believed in. I give him credit for that, the man had balls. My biggest argument is that, Yes we get out for MLK day (work and school) but not for veterans day. and i do take the time to say Hi to the veterans I know, and to tell them thank you for devoting so much of their life to protecting my future. There are alot of veterans in my family, and alot more to come, and I am more proud to say that then anyone else. I will be the first to stand up and say thanks, or sit down and talk with any vet.
But still i don't like the fact that it is not recognized by every business as a good enough holiday to shut down and spend time with them.
and you say that Martin Luther King did not start riots and beatings and all, But what would you call it if, someone like Sadam just walked in and sat in your living room, knowing that he is not welcome, is that considered starting something? To me yes it is. and the way I see it MLK was reasponsible for countless numbers of Riots and out breaks.
Black People today still raise hell aboiut not having equal rights blah blah blah.... they have more then enough rights as I see it, if we were to have a national white american scholarship program, or a WHITE Ms. American pagent of sorts, we would get nothing but critizisim.. But yet they can do it all.
The facts are stated. over 76% of the felony's committed in the US are from black people.
God Created the earth, and on each continent he put different people, and seperated them. That is the way that I believe it should be, we should all take our white asses back to england, and they need to take their black asses back to africa,
They all think that we still owe them somehting, and I personally don't owe them trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, if anything they owe me, for rioting, and burning half of 2 citys that my fellow WHITE americans have worked so hard to build.

TimSr
01-23-2003, 12:49 AM
Thanks for your response, as that really does clarify your level of knowledge on the subject.

Your school is in session on Veterans Day? And thats King's fault?
Maybe you should be complaining to your school board, whatever color they are. Aside from the fed, how many businesses shut down for MLK day?

King was killed in the early 60's. Please explain what that has to do with people's complaints today. Yes, I too, feel equal opportunity exists today, and King made great contributions towards that. Thats what the celebration and recognition is for.

I find it silly you compare King to Saddam, and even sillier that you compare my livingroom to a PUBLIC establishment. But in answer to your question, if somebody I cant stand walks into a public place, and sits down at the next table, I would not consider that starting a riot or anything else.

You are correct in that blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes, though your 76% number is not even close. What is your point? They should therefore, ALL be considered evil? Guesss what? Did you know that Kentcuky has a disproportionate number of welfare recipients compared to the rest of the country? What does that mean?

Also, I cant seem to find where I said I feel that white OWE blacks anything. I cant seem to find any mention of it by King either. Can you help me out on this one? Some blacks today, yes. But then, there are a lot of older guys out here who might say that an awful lot of our white youth today seem to think the world owes them something. Would that be Washington's fault?

Lastly, my white ass didnt come from England. English descendants are a small percentage of Americans today, but I guess you missed that lesson when you were out of school for MLK day. My ancesters came at the turn of the century, AFTER the civil war. They came here to become Americans, even though they knew they would be treated poorly by some who were already here, and had a problem with "foreignors", Thank God. Because now I too can poudly say Im of the same nationality as Dr. King. I too, am an American.

ATCkrazy
01-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Timsr is right on the money, Im just a dumb hillbilly form upstate NY, but I can tell you first hand that I've met good black people and bad balck people, and I've met good white people and bad white people, I think Im gonna have to take freak's opinion with a grain of salt, after all god didnt create the earth, maybe freak hasent heard of evolution but it's what's tought in schools, not creation, so I think he shouldnt jave the day off for MLK day, he needs to spend it in class learning whats tought in a modern world.

ATC crazy
01-23-2003, 07:23 PM
The only reason I like the guy is because we get the day off!! WoooooHooooooo

mudfreak99
01-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Well, like me or not, thats my opinion. and as for evolution, if you take a car amd park it in the middle of a field, does it evolve into somehting that can live... no, and niether can monkeys evolve into humans.... that is a whole different matter

J.D.
01-24-2003, 01:17 PM
I kinda tend to agree with mudfreak and Hemi. MLK did some good stuff, but what about other folks? What about our country's history, our Vet's, and more important things? It's ok to celebrate his birthday and his accomplishments, but what about if we want to celebrate a white man's birthday? It's racist and that makes me mad! Black history month...cool, but what about Native American history month, or White history month? "YOU RACIST SOB!! WE CAN"T CELEBRATE THOSE!"...well, that's my 2 cents worth.

ATC crazy
01-24-2003, 01:54 PM
I agree w/ SSJ3Goku. Other people deserve a holiday too and not just blacks. no offence or anything

mudfreak99
01-24-2003, 02:24 PM
But guys, its not just the facts of holuidays... What about Ms BLACK america, or black history month (as stated above)... what if we had a Nathan Forest day (founder of the KKK for thoughs of who don't know)... He may not be a CIVIL rights leader, but he was a man that started a big movement in the US, Long before MLK...
And by no means am I saying that what he did was wrong, or un called for, but that is an opinionated statement to say that he was right or what ever.
It is also opinionated to say that Nathan Forrest was a bad guy for starting what he did...
I think that both the men had balls, flat and simple.. They had to, to stand up for what they believed in.. and that is more then half of what can be said about half the pnasys in the world today..

86waterpumper
01-24-2003, 03:27 PM
there are FAR better americans to honor and give a national holiday to than this individual...he was a joke...do a little research past what you find in a seventh grade text book and you'll find that King was far from someone to look up to or hold up as some sort of hero or icon. He copied and cheated his way through school, as well as held many communist beliefs, not to mention the fact that he screwed everything that walked, hookers etc, and afterwards many times he would beat them. Nice non-violent way to get your ideals across isn't it? :rolleyes:

tony_250r
01-24-2003, 05:18 PM
I know, I said I would not post in this thread again, but I saw to much bull.

First of all, if MLK didn't deserve a Holliday, what have you done i.e., what are your accomplishments, please list them, exactly what have you done for the People of the US?

The US Congress, US Senate, and the US President knows what's best for the people, they authorized the MLK Holliday. Your brain is still primitive
compared to our leaders. I just don't fall in line and follow like a sheep either. MLK was not my leader, but he could think all of you under the table using ¼ of his brain.

With our multi cultural society i.e., Whites, Blacks, Browns, Yellows, and
Reds, we have the strongest Country, the best, we have the space shuttle, we landed on the moon, we explored Mars remotely, we have the best weapons, and on and on. What's so bad about that?

Why can't they have a Black history month? The rest of the year is for
White people. Why can't they have a Miss Black America? It uses to be that the Miss America contest was mainly for Whites. Why can't the Black people have the NAACP? Blacks just got the right to vote in the 60's, so what do you think?

Hell, the majority of us hate the kkk; let a hooded fool show up on my front pourch, he might shot on site. No kkk member would stand snowball's chance in hell of getting an honorable mention, let alone a holiday named after one.

We have the most advanced society in the world; if you don't like it, move.
We'll weed out the heaters, sooner rather than latter. We'll find out who you are, and do our dammedest keep you from advancing. It's just a matter of time before hatred is stomped out. If not we'll try to keep you in that trashy trailer you most likely live in. Scum like you will not advance in this great country, we have the US Military backing us, you don't have a chance, you may as well capitulate.

This post is not directed twards any piticular member, but if the shoe fits, ware it.

Peace

mudfreak99
01-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Tony, First off your about an idiot if you think that I we are saying anything bad about america... America is a great country and I will gladly give my life for it... but none the less your post is more opinion the real fact.
Yea we were in space, but not first... we were second next to russia.
Yes we were first on the moon, with things made from russia, tiwana and probably china to...
We sure as hell don't have the most advanced society in the world... if we did we wouldn't have to buy crap from other countrys to survive.
Opinions are opinions. everyone has one or two and thats ok, I am not bashing the right for you to have you opinion. but I am telling you that in MY OPINION your wrong.
The KKK is looked at as a nationaly recognized hate group, only by thoughs who are to incompatent to understand what we are really about.
Everyone has done said that I needed to go back to school and brush up on my history.... blah blah blah
BUT my friend YOU are the ONE that needs to take your ass back to the history books. This great country was founded under one belief, and since then has changed. Since the turn of the civil war, the country has went to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Not because of the lack of slaves, but because of the lack of compitence our government has. Of course all I have said is my opinion, and if you don't agree with that then tough trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, I don't care.

Oh and by the way, no I don't live in a trailer, or anything remotly close to it, and it is awefully stereotypical of you to say that...

86waterpumper
01-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Tony I said that MLK didn't deserve a national holiday..now where did I say that I myself did? I of course do not think that, I'm sure that if the country wants to honor a black man they can find a much better candidate than he. Now, with that said, I can say that I haven't cheated on my wife, nor have I beat anyone, or held communist views, such as MLK did. Don't believe that he did those things? Do the research there have even been books written on the topic. Wow, you sure put alot of stock in the government and what they decide don't you...I love america myself and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, this does not mean that you should just blindly believe that they always make the right decision about every issue around. This in and of itself places you with the sheep herd that you boldy stated you were not a part of. Because a man is placed in a higher position than me within the government certainly does not automatically make him a smarter man than me or anyone else for that matter. In alot of cases it just means he knew alot of people and was more successful with politics than the next guy. I can assure you the government hasn't made all the right decisions about ALOT of things, some civil right issues being one of them. Maybe one day you will lose a job to a black person who is less qualified than you due to affirmative action like I did. If that is not discrimination then please define it for me. Also, where in this entire thread did anyone mention hating someone, or the KKK for that matter? How is the rest of the year for white people only? What an ignorant statement, the year is for everyone period. We have the military backing us HAHHAHHAHA what are they going to come and haul me away because I don't care for MLK??/ What a joke, the whole ideal of this country and what it was founded on was the right to hold different opionons and values.

tony_250r
01-24-2003, 06:43 PM
We are smart enough to use other people to get what we want, power. If you want that much change, you may need to go live with the Ruskies or something.

I love my Country for what is, and yes, it's true, we can stand for some changes, but it's not that bad.

I'm in no way a follower, I'm what you call a Mavrick. My intention was to point out that, if you or any other racist tried to change [by force] what we have in our Country, we will eleminate you, plain and simple. Just like Tim McVey.

J.D.
01-24-2003, 07:07 PM
First off he's not a racist. He nowhere said he hates black people, or any other people for that matter. Secondly, Tim McVeigh did what the government told him to do. And according to your last posting, you want to murder anybody who has a difference of opinion...that's how I take it, anyways.

tony_250r
01-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Sorry, I forgot to put with force. I'll edit it again. And it seems like the shoes fit you too, LMAO hehehehe.

J.D.
01-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Are you trying to imply I'm racist?

HemiChallenger71
01-24-2003, 11:52 PM
Tony I really think you need your head examined a little bit.

I was glad last night when I watched a program about the history of the KKK, and how they didn't bleep out nigger, and spec and etc. etc. etc., they didn't even bleep out trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and other swear words. I think it's about damn time people started to learn about those who they hate, and not hate them for just one thing they know about them. When in school displaying your opinion saying how you don't think we should have black history month or MLK day, and are called racist, thats one trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro up counrty or palce or something. After 9-11, for some reason now, when I voice my opinion about things I'm not caleld a racist anymore for some reason, and people actually enjoy hearing what I have to say because they agree. I know one thing, if this country doesn't change how it works from the inside out, quickly it will go down the tubes. With the economy and people's attitudes, all we need is someone to lead the way and fix things, even if only a little fixing, and everyone will follow them. Be yourself and think what you want, but when it come to the issue of race you have to be completly 100% equal, and all the civil rights activists and other bullshitters need to equalize themselves, because they are far from it. I'm not saying take away MLK day (yes to take away black hist. month), I'm saying we need to go on with our lives and be in work and school for MLK day because MLK would want us in school bgetting educated, I think anyway.

And if you think I'm racist, yes I am but I am equal with myself and others of the same and different race weather I like them or not.

Also if you think the confedarate flag shows racism, you are even more racist than the flag flyer because it stands for the south and it's history.

J.D.
01-25-2003, 12:35 AM
AMEN about the flag!!

mudfreak99
01-25-2003, 12:50 AM
I did no intend for this to turn into a "whos racist and whos not" thread by n means... but since it's up, YES, i am a racist white man, but no I DO NOT HATE EVERYONE, and don't worry, its more then just niggers. There is alot of discrepency between what constitutes niggers... It does not by any means, mean just black people.
And the confederate flag has nothing to do with being racist. It is a symbol of heritage, not hate.
And just so you know, the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan are not a hate group as many people may think, we are a nationally recognized religous group.. and if you don't believe that then go read more books dumb ass....
Gee guys, sorry this one is so short, I gotta run

tony_250r
01-25-2003, 01:10 AM
My point exactly, you two fit the shoes. You are loosers, and always will be.

You guys seem to hate this Country, I think you should go. I love this Country, good and bad, and I swear to uphold what it stands for with my life.

Freedom for All. And I quote: Feedom, is not Free.

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-25-2003, 01:13 AM
alright you guys, martin luther king day is over, its time to move on to another post......

ATCkrazy
01-25-2003, 10:47 AM
I'd like to point out that there aint no national KKK day, probably because 99.9 of the US population wouldnt support such a day.

TimSr
01-25-2003, 03:32 PM
"Yes we were first on the moon, with things made from russia, tiwana and probably china to..." Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL! Sorry, just reflecting on my own memory of China and Taiwan in the 60's and 70's!

Mcveigh was instructed by the govt to blow the the Muir Building? Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL!

C'Mon guys, now youre just being silly.

"And the confederate flag has nothing to do with being racist. It is a symbol of heritage, not hate. " I agree with you 100%. Its also ironinc that the first military forces on American soil to integrate blacks into their fighting forces was the Confederate States of America. Yes many blacks died fighting for the Confederate flag. Ive just never figured out why guys in Michigan would fly it, since I dont seem remember Michigan being part of the Confederacy.
The Conferate flag is a symbol of pride for those with their heritage linked to it, and most of them are disgusted with the way groups like the KKK have bastardized it by using it for a symbol of their evil agenda, just as I am sickend by the way they have bastardized my religion of Christianity for those same evil purposes.
Dr. King said men should be judged by "the content of their character" and I would certainly hope that we would could all find something better to offer the world within our character than just our genetics.

DixiePlowboy
01-25-2003, 04:01 PM
mudfreak99,
I must correct you on something. Gen. Forrest did not found the Klan! He was a member after it's inception, and obviously held some position of influence since he ordered the Klan disbanded.
I must add, so as not to tarnish the name of one of history's greatest military geniuses, that there have been several incarnations of the Klan. The first Klan was much different than the 20th Century Klan that we have come to revile. In a time of Yankee attrocities, such as murder and plunder, the Klan was the only defense that true Southerners had in the face of military occupation and Federal looting.
When things started getting out of hand, Gen. Forrest disbanded them forever. What we see today, is something much different.

"Better Confederates, there never were"-Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest speaking of the black Confederate Veterans.

HemiChallenger71
01-25-2003, 10:47 PM
The shoes fit you too Tony...

ATCkrazy
01-26-2003, 10:24 AM
The shoes fit him just prefect.