PDA

View Full Version : burned CDs on ebay??

350Xccelerator
02-19-2005, 07:53 PM
i bought a cd on ebay yesterday, and when i won it , I realized that hidden in the decription it says that his Cds are burned, i dont really want a burned cd but i made the mistake, so i just wanted to know if you can sell burned Cds on ebay???

heres his feedback, looks like he's gotten a couple of people.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=horrizon69&item=4700352974&iid=4700352974&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SFS

BIGRED_87
02-22-2005, 11:21 AM
eBay does NOT allow the sale of "copied" or "burned" CDs.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/recordable.html

"The following are examples of items that may not be listed on eBay:
-Music compilations on CD-R
-The entire first season of a television series on one DVD-R
-Compilation of 500 "freeware" and "shareware" programs on one CD-R
-A VHS copy of a movie taped off of television
-CD-Rs containing scanned pages from a book, magazine, manual or other copyrighted written materials that were not written by you

Guideline

-If you are the copyright owner of the material you are offering on CD-R or DVD-R, make sure you say so in your listing!

Note:

-A local band decides to release its latest album on CD-R. The band may list the album on eBay so long as it is clear from the listing that the band is the copyright owner.

-A buyer purchases an album on eBay that was released by a local band on CD-R. The buyer may not list the album on eBay, even though the band released the album on CD-R, because it violates eBay's Recordable Media policy.

Warning

Listings violating eBay's Recordable Media policy may be ended early by eBay. Multiple violations of eBay's Recordable Media policy could result in the suspension of your account."

hedge1988
02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
yep I bought some owners manuals off ebay they were burned too user was coastmotorsports so be aware.

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I can see why some would have a problem with burned CD's. But all the manuals and parts lists I have bought off of Ebay have been burned and they work just fine. Not to mention they were a fraction of the cost of the originals. That is waht enabled me to afford a CD for all my rides. Don't worry about it.

DeePa
02-22-2005, 08:45 PM
i have that service manual on the cd also...its fantastic...if anyone needs the manual for the 84-86 200s, and a few others, just LMK

Tri-ZNate
02-22-2005, 09:30 PM
yep I bought some owners manuals off ebay they were burned too user was coastmotorsports so be aware.

Yeah I got a service manual for my SX off of ebay on a cd. I like a manual you can hold in your hands so I printed it off on my school's laserjet printer. Worked real well, all 100+ pages :D

Yamahauler
02-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah I got a service manual for my SX off of ebay on a cd. I like a manual you can hold in your hands so I printed it off on my school's laserjet printer. Worked real well, all 100+ pages :D

Ya those school laserjets are nice i printed my parts catalouge for my ytm on it. Only 55 pages though! :p

renotrikeguy
02-22-2005, 11:03 PM
I also have bought Repair manuals on cd from Ebay sellers. It's alot better than trying to find a printed copy these days. And the biggest benefit of having it on cd is, you can print out the exact page/s you need and dont have to worry bout messing up the whole book.

350Xccelerator
03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
well i he isnt a registered ebayer anymore, and i still dont have my cd, i emailed him before he unregistered and he said he sent it out last monay and i still dont have it. what a biotch :wondering