PDA

View Full Version : What website has the NES emulator?

Tri-Z Pilot
02-21-2005, 06:30 PM
My search isnt working right, and i want to find the site where you can play oldschool nintendo games on the computer for free, so if you have a web address, let me know.

droopie31
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
theoldcomputer.com is where i got my nintendo and sega games and stuff to play on computer. If it doesn't work in the address bar type it in in a search bar like google. Its all on that site

drew

trikerider2oo7
02-21-2005, 08:53 PM
jnes is a good NES emulator...it is what most people use.
http://www.jabosoft.com/jnes/bins/jnes_0_5_3.exe

Billy Golightly
02-21-2005, 09:15 PM
I haven't messed with emulators and roms in a long time, but vimm.net is what I use to use. Might not even be around anymore. last time Iwas there it was NES and SNES stuff only.

TTribaLL
02-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Google is your friend.

PowerTrike
02-22-2005, 12:30 AM
I haven't messed with that stuff for years but I used to run tons of emulators on my Dreamcast (mostly ported from PC emulators) Nester and JSNES are a few that come to mind. www.dcemulation.com

Wickedfinger
02-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I use MAME32 - it works great. I have over 4000 old games - all of the Nientendos and most any arcade game from before 1995 ever made.

TrikeKid
02-22-2005, 09:59 PM
jnes is a good NES emulator...it is what most people use.
http://www.jabosoft.com/jnes/bins/jnes_0_5_3.exe
where do i find games for this thing?

trikerider2oo7
02-22-2005, 11:26 PM
where do i find games for this thing?

http://www.coolrom.com/nesroms.php

Tri-Z Pilot
02-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Ok, I can download the games, but my pc says that I need to find the program to run it or something like that, I am pc stupid, so please tell me what to do adter I download a game, thanks.

PowerTrike
02-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Start up your emulator and open your game or "rom" from there. Clicking on the rom itself probably won't work.

Jeb
02-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks allot guys! I stayed up till after 1 last night playing Gauntlet, Legend of Zelda, RC Pro-AM, Excitebike, Metroid, and a few other games I used to play as a kid on my NES "back in the day"! :beer

Are the ROMs from CoolRom.com complete? Can you finish the whole game? I tried some Atari ones once and a couple of the games just stopped after a while.

Also, anyone know where I could find a ROM for a game called "Section-Z"?

:beer

Billy Golightly
02-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Jeb it looks like Vimm's has it. Go to the vault, then nintendo, and then the S's.

TrikeKid
02-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Jeb you should try Pro AM 2 better than the first IMO

Jeb
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Quick question about those roms.

I've been playing the legend of zelda i got from coolrom and vimms. How come at the far left side of the map theres a certain screen that repeats for ever? up, down, or left it just repeats. i'm using the jnes emulator. Anyone else noticed this. I guess with these free ROMS you don't get the whole game or you can only go so far??? :(

I'm hooked on the damn game again and I guess now I'm going to have to pick up an NES to finish it! I've got my old cartridges from back in the day stored away somewhere. hope they still work!

Billy Golightly
03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Jeb if I remember right that is actually the maze part in the desert that is part of the game, Its an actual puzzle you have to find your way out of :-)

Jeb
03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
aww yes... the lost woods! for some reason I had convinced myself otherwise, like it was a flaw.

been too many years! thanks billy!

Something funny, back in the 80's when we got our NES they had a special to get the first issue of Nintendo Power Magazine for free. I found it in a stack of my old Dirt Bike and ATV mags!

SPD FRK
03-05-2005, 01:46 PM
The Roms aren't free. They are actually copyrighted and you aren't allowed to have them unless you have the original game. I'm sure the only people who DL them own the cartridges since there are NO dishonest people on the internet. ;)
They are full version as well. Some of them have glitches or bugs that render them anywhere from annoying to not working.

Jeb
03-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Well, I'm not too worried about ROMS anymore because, thanks to you guys, I drug my old NES out of the storage barn at my parents a couple weeks ago and got her running!

It was like digging out old trikes! The top cover was off it, missing some screws. I remember it was moth balled because all it would do is blink. After a little research on the internet, I found all I had to do was to clean all the games and the main 72 pin connector. A little scrubbin and she's up and runnin and after 12 years at least! :beer My girls like it because it's a much easier controller to use than the PS2. The Mrs's and I have had fun playing it too. The PS2 takes a back seat to the ol' NES now!

Still got some games to find. Oh yeah, and I've got the Atari 2600 and a bunch of games for it setting there ready for their turn to be cleaned up. Waiting on a new power supply and we'll see what happens.

And I owe it all to this post! :beer

Jeb
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Awe ! And now the 2600 runs again! :p

Banage
03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
http://web.utanet.at/nkehrer/ONE_Play.html