PDA

View Full Version : Been hearing alot about this

sickKLT20081
02-23-2005, 01:16 PM
How fast is a stock 400EX, and a Blaster has a stock speed of like what 55-60 stock. Will a Blaster with a larger front sprocket, smaller rear sprocket and a 240 kit?? or even a 40 over bore, will it beat a 400ex, or will it spank or get spanked??

TravEX
02-23-2005, 02:11 PM
stock, mine was 65mph,,,piped and jetted, different story,,,

do you already have a blaster that you are wanting to hop up? if not i wouldn't waste money on a blaster, there are plenty of 400cc type quads for sale now that the 450's are out,,,

it would take a ton of $ and parts to make alot of difference to the blaster compared to an EX or a Z, and doubtfull (at best) to get a blaster to run with an EX or Z,,,

later

Trav

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I have a Blaster with just about everything possible done to it. From a 240 kit to timing to suspension. Let me tell you something, it will scare you. I have been none to eat up stock Banshees. I raced my buddy's hopped up 350X in a strieght line and stomped him. Those Blasters if built right will surprise you. ;)

TravEX
02-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I have a Blaster with just about everything possible done to it. From a 240 kit to timing to suspension. Let me tell you something, it will scare you. I have been none to eat up stock Banshees. I raced my buddy's hopped up 350X in a strieght line and stomped him. Those Blasters if built right will surprise you. ;)

how much $ you got in hop-up stuff?

got any pics?, sounds sweet!

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2005, 02:40 PM
I can take soem photographs this weekend. As far as money, I do not know. I did it all over time. It has after market recing plastic and a Warrior front brake conversion and many, many other mods.

r00sty
02-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I rode a new 400ex about a year ago, a friend of mine thought it was the greatest, well, we all think that about our stuff. Anyway, when I got back he was sitting there all smiles, and asked me what I thought.... I asked him if the brakes were an option, he asked why and I said you really don't need them on this thing.......could have saved some $ by letting the dealer keep the brakes!!! :rolleyes:

OldSchoolin86
02-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I rode a new 400ex about a year ago, a friend of mine thought it was the greatest, well, we all think that about our stuff. Anyway, when I got back he was sitting there all smiles, and asked me what I thought.... I asked him if the brakes were an option, he asked why and I said you really don't need them on this thing.......could have saved some $ by letting the dealer keep the brakes!!! :rolleyes:
Do you feel the same about your 350x? The 400ex has a couple more hp stock for stock, they just weigh a lot more.

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2005, 02:54 PM

Damn, that's was funny. :D

r00sty
02-23-2005, 03:05 PM
I'd say, yes I need them on the X, due to the wheelie factor. I had to dump his clutch pretty hard to get the front wheels up, and yes it does weigh alot more, I'd guess 100 to 125 pounds more, don't know for sure. Don't get me wrong, nothing against a 400ex, just not my type of bang for the buck, new quads aren't cheap, but sometimes the quality is. Been hearing alot of fuss over the 450r though, I'll see if I can get a leg slung over one of them soon.

TravEX
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
i'd be glad to let you ride my EX,,,different strokes for different folks, i guess,,,

no wheelies?!!! the EX is the (quad) wheelie king!!!

mine was hard to get up to a wheelie stock, but after piped and jetting, it comes up in 3rd EASY, almost too easy.

later

Coty
02-24-2005, 05:54 PM
well i just recently bought me a 05 Z-400, and raced my buddy on his piped, jetted, 400ex, and my Zuk smoked him.

TravEX
02-24-2005, 07:01 PM
the 05 Z'a are stronger than the 03 and 04, i can beat the 03 and 04's, haven't got to run an 05 yet, really don't want too, hehe,,,