PDA

View Full Version : Perfect YTM DX Somebody must rescue

LonesomeTriZ
02-27-2005, 12:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4531450601&category=43981

Somebody please do not allow this perfect machine to fall into the wrong hands. If some one who is not familiar with how to repair these buys it there is a good chance it will be parted out.

Trikeaholic
02-27-2005, 12:45 PM
IM on it! I emailed the guy. I have rebuilt PLENTY of Dx's, its gravy.

Tri-ZNate
02-27-2005, 12:52 PM
that might give edog's trike a run for it money. On looks anyway.

LonesomeTriZ
02-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Good to hear. I am restoring one right now. I love them. If I lived closer I would get it.

twgranger
02-27-2005, 02:30 PM
where is edog when you need him!!

350x'inNY
02-27-2005, 04:01 PM

:rolleyes: Man... don't edge him on... he might 'bite'

Now Holic, if you got so much experience in DX's, how come you didn't keep that Yamahauler you sold me or that blue DX you got from RoyFranks? :D When do you want to come out for a "fix or repair" day to get those Yamaha's running in my garage? :p theolderfox has come out a couple times and made some good headway on my DX and that Yamahauler I got from you. That Yamahauler needs top end, transmission and rear end work. Oh.. and something is keeping the electric starter from engaging to the flywheel. Other than that, it's great. ;)

Bruce

Trikeaholic
02-27-2005, 04:10 PM
as soon as I figure out why no spark on this dam Z!!!! I dont get it, I lose power after the coil, I think. But how can the two different coils I have both be malfunctioning? IDK. sounds far fetched, but both do look like junk. THe reason I sold roys is cause of the tranny problems, and the 'hauler, I never intended on keeping. The top end is CAKE on those, however I did farm out the valve and guide replacement to the Yammy shop, but it was cheap. The assembly is gravy, 30 minutes tops. Bruce, I was gonna ask you, if this DX is seized, possibly the head and cam bosses are toasted too, so.....you gots a head for it? I still need a good wife trike, and if a top end is all it needs, im in. if the crank is stuck from oil starvation, Im really not that interested, but I guess my guy that did my Z could handle it.

350x'inNY
02-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I got 2 spare DX motors, a DR motor, and a 200E motor here. Obviously, I'd like to get that Yamahauler running first, but sure I'd have the parts to get that one for you running too. theolderfox thinks I need a new cam chain (stretched) there's that other "catching noise" in the motor too. Not sure on that, but could be something to do with the elctric starter motor turining, but not engaging to turn the motor over. That complete 200ERN I got form MIK6 still needs to be bolted together. I got that motor too. I might just bolt that one together and use the one I bought from you for parts.

Bruce

Tri-ZNate
02-27-2005, 05:04 PM

lol dont worry he'll chime in. He wont let my remark stand. :D

edog
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
I just don't have any more room in my garage.I have seen the pictures,its nice but not that nice. Owner of the nicest 1985 225 dxn Tri Moto with sky blue plastic to ever grace this EARTH,and don't you all forget it!LOL

Tri-ZNate
02-27-2005, 06:31 PM
lol and we will never again try to defy its title ;)

Lomax
02-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Seems awfully clean for the motor to be seized. I wonder if he is just sayin that so he doesnt have to list it as a good used machine and pay the extra E-Bay fee's??....

LonesomeTriZ
02-28-2005, 06:49 PM
That is very possible. my buddy had to do that. I hope that is the case.

Trikeaholic
02-28-2005, 07:05 PM
his email stated that it was "stuck" the rope wont pull, etc. I had a quadsport once, that moisture had gotten into the cylinder and rusted the sleeve and therefore "seized the piston. a simple disassembly and bore and piston and it was good as new. It was also stored for a long time in "unfavorable" conditions. could be the problem here too.

freaksfix
02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
those Yammy's are know quite well for bending and droping valve's.... but still a nice bike

Lots_Of_Nothing
02-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Waiting on a e-mail back from him on the lowest he will take to end it.......

.......Or am I the wrong hands?

LonesomeTriZ
02-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Why, do you plan to part it out? :wondering

edog
02-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Anybody,lend me some pocket change.I need it bad. LOL

350x'inNY
02-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Come on HOlic... don't let these guys swipe from out from under you! :p

Go get it!!!!!

1985 200s
03-01-2005, 12:28 AM
That baby sure could be purrty without a whole lotta work. I think it could claim the title. You can tell e-dog's nervous he's degrading it. lol

edog
03-01-2005, 09:12 AM
It will be mine.

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-01-2005, 09:34 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :naughty:

Lomax
03-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I hope that someone on here gets it. I would hate to see it fall into someone's hands thats just going to fix it and trash it because they got it cheap.

LonesomeTriZ
03-01-2005, 10:53 AM
That and seeing it parted out is another fear. :(

edog
03-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Someone is going to get it.LOL

Steiger
03-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Someone is going to get it.LOL

Yes they are !!! I wonder who :wondering

350x'inNY
03-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Hmmmm.... no bids in a couple days. Come on.... let's see who wants it!

Bruce

350x'inNY
03-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Man... someone must stand you and buy this one. It's awesome... I got 3 spare motors here.... someone save it!!!!!!

Heck.... it makes edog's look like this in comparision!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4531726083&category=43981

:welcome:

Bruce

350x'inNY
03-03-2005, 07:59 AM
IM on it! I emailed the guy. I have rebuilt PLENTY of Dx's, its gravy.

Couple days to go, and looks like you all are being outbid by a girl! Appears a couple ebay newbies are having a bidding frenzy! Who's 585Joshua? Is that you edog??

Who's JohnDeereRules? JD has good taste in items, cause we've duked it out a few times on Hondaline stuff.

Hey... even edog's look alike trike has a bid now! :beer

Bruce

Steiger
03-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Who's JohnDeereRules? JD has good taste in items, cause we've duked it out a few times on Hondaline stuff.

Bruce

Thanks, :D I would say the same about you having great taste in the same items I have been bidding on. Hope there is no hard feelings about duking it out a few times. :) I don't hold a grudge, ...but I may be jealous for quite some time. :p

On the 225dx, if it went cheap I was thinking about getting it and fixing it up to give edog a run for his money. His sure is sweet, but I think this one could show him up. He has not said much lately, he must be in the brush setting up a good spot to snipe that baby. That way he retains the title "Owner of the blah blah sky blue blah blah to ever grace blah blah" :p

Quickonstep
03-04-2005, 01:11 AM
one thing i noticed, and im not 110% sure on.. but i dont think thats the original dash.. it has the reverse label with the hole for the lamp.. i thought the dx's didnt have reverse (well i know) therefor would have a different dash.. could be me..

A couple other things dont addup.. the motor looks like it has sat outside while the plastics are nice and shiney..

im willing to bet that aint original plastic, and that they are painted.. err original finish on the plastic that is..

nice bike.. but somone buy my peice of junk and "save" it before it gets parted out lol..

Jesse

twgranger
03-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Man... someone must stand you and buy this one. It's awesome... I got 3 spare motors here.... someone save it!!!!!!

Heck.... it makes edog's look like this in comparision!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4531726083&category=43981

:welcome:

BruceThat is funny. :beer

edog
03-04-2005, 10:17 PM
That is absurd,i would just walk up slowly to the machine and say "go ahead punk make my day"LOL,Run for my money,lolDon't you ever forget there can only be one owner of the nicest tri moto with bla bla bla to grace bla this earth.

Steiger
03-05-2005, 01:48 AM
That is absurd,i would just walk up slowly to the machine and say "go ahead punk make my day"LOL,Run for my money,lolDon't you ever forget there can only be one owner of the nicest tri moto with bla bla bla to grace bla this earth.

:D haHA, thanks edog, I needed a good laugh. You are right though, there can only be one owner. For now it is you, but never forget that when you are on top, Everyone sets their sights on you! And I am a cleaning my rifle as we speak. :p lol

edog
03-05-2005, 01:28 PM
I am like the road runner,you will never catch me.LOL

edog
03-05-2005, 01:30 PM
one thing i noticed, and im not 110% sure on.. but i dont think thats the original dash.. it has the reverse label with the hole for the lamp.. i thought the dx's didnt have reverse (well i know) therefor would have a different dash.. could be me..

A couple other things dont addup.. the motor looks like it has sat outside while the plastics are nice and shiney..

im willing to bet that aint original plastic, and that they are painted.. err original finish on the plastic that is..

nice bike.. but somone buy my peice of junk and "save" it before it gets parted out lol..

Jesse
That hole is for the hose that comes off the gas cap.

smokinwrench
03-05-2005, 03:29 PM
lolDon't you ever forget there can only be one owner of the nicest tri moto with bla bla bla to grace bla this earth.

To be 100% honest. I have always thought the sky blue yamaha 225's looked very sissy (maybe a girl machine). I did own a 225DR it was black. They are great bikes. I think it is a matter of your opinion only, on it being the best 225 in the world. I don't see what makes it so special. Just looks like another run of the mill 225. From what I have seen mine was cleaner.

edog
03-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Ha ha ha,you incompitant fool.You will never match the cleanlyness of my machine.LOL

350x'inNY
03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Ha ha ha,you incompitant fool.You will never match the cleanlyness of my machine.LOL

That's truely ironic..... who's the fool who can't spell in his own slam? :p So who won it?

Trikeaholic
03-05-2005, 07:12 PM
now, now, I think edog has shown a great sence of humor throughout all of the ribbing done. Bravo, edog. You are certainly a better man than I. Now, seeing as he has joined in the fun and even poked fun at himself, he has truly shown that he can take it and its not that funny anymore. Serious, thats pretty cool, and worthy of a gentelmanly cease and desist, if you ask me.

Back to topic, that thing got wayyyy too much IMO, who knows what is wrong with it. I figuree $400 tops, but hey, thats the e-gay for ya. Hope it gets revived.

Steiger
03-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Yes I agree, that was too much for a bike that I have not seen in person. I have found that people on ebay are good at making something look waaaaay better in the picture than what reality is. I got a motor I could put in it, but I have not seen them bring much in price even when running. Heck I have a running one I would sell for that money. lol

I have enjoyed edog's responses on here and he is a super sport about it. I am serious when I say he has the nicest yamaha atc that I know of. It looks fantastic and I would be proud to own it. :cool:

Thanks for the fun edog! :D

edog
03-06-2005, 01:55 PM
No prob,glad to be of assistance.It is a nice machine.Not as nice as mine tho.LOL

350x'inNY
03-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Keep the faith there edog! So edog, were you '585joshua' on ebay then? (or joshua585)

Oh... and what happened to your post count?

Bruce

edog
03-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't know,but it's not a big deal to me.It's just a numder.Why must we be labeled.I think that they should take the post count away.

TABDUDE
03-10-2005, 06:18 PM
No way that thing is worth that kind of coin! Some clean parts but the motor is th bigest cash item! If he would have parted it he wouldn't have gotten that!