PDA

View Full Version : Question for anybody running a high compression 2-stroke head .......

Wickedfinger
02-27-2005, 08:48 PM
I just received my new "used" Hot-Seat performance, 12:1 compression, pump-gas coolhead, I won for a steal on eBay today and my question is: Do you have to "up-jet", at least on the main, when you install a higher compression head in a pinger?. I can't seem to get HotSeat to respond to my e-mails .......

Wickedfinger
03-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Either nobody knows, nobody cares or you all hate me ....... boo hoo hoo, sniffle sniffle. The only thing I can think of is that I have found you do have to up-jet when you install a higher compression thumper wiseco piston, which would be a different means to the same end sort of .... the thing is, I really don't know with a 2-stroke. I mean in theory, you are just compressing the same volume of "charge" to create more power, right?.

TimSr
03-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Either nobody knows, nobody cares or you all hate me .......

Both!!!

I dont know either, but what I do know is that everytime I see something that was jetted based on theory it was way to rich. The general rule is, if you change your plastic or get a new helmet, you have to jet richer. Id put it on, and take it for a run, check the plug frequently and go from there. I never rejet after changing something until Ive Ive got it running again and can verify which way, if any, it needs to go.

Jeb
03-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Both!!!

... The general rule is, if you change your plastic or get a new helmet, you have to jet richer. ...

Oh $h!t! I just put air in my 250R's Tires! Gotta go re-jet the Tecate! ;)

:beer

Wickedfinger
03-01-2005, 01:11 PM
The general rule is, if you change your plastic or get a new helmet, you have to jet richer.
Aint that the truth ..........