PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Wolverine Question

Brennan Monty
01-22-2003, 01:11 PM
I am considering purchasing a Yamaha Wolverine. I ride in dry conditions about 70% of the time but don't won't to be left behind by the Honda Ranchers 4WD when it gets muddy. I'm considering the Wolverine because I wont something with better handeling and more top end than the Honda Rancher 4x4.

If you have owned a Wolverine, expecially a 2001 or newer, I would appreciate any insite you can provide good or bad. If you have owned a Wolverine or are an ATV mechanic please indicate.

Thanks

ATCRYDER
01-22-2003, 02:24 PM
My buddy, Jake, had one. I cant say I like them at all. All Time 4x4 is jsut the worst. THeres no such thing a 4x4 sport as Yamaha thought they made. It is, however, a strong and reliable machine.

Left in the dust by a Honda? Haha...Maybe if the Yamaha breaks down or flips over....otherwise: nah.

King44
01-22-2003, 04:59 PM
The Rancher will have more low end power and generally better in the mud(bigger tires + a better limited slip), but the Wolverine will kill it in suspension and speed(it's about 5mph faster if both are in good shape).

REDMAN225
01-22-2003, 05:56 PM
I OWNED A 97 WOLVERINE FOR YEARS. I DON'T THINK THEY CHANGED MUCH SINCE THEN. I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT ALL AROUND MACHINE WITH PLENTY OF POWER AND A GOOD JUMPER FOR A 4X4. HOWEVER, I DID CHANGE THE TIRES TO TITAN A/T'S BECAUSE THE STOCK DUNLOPS WERE FOREVER GETTING PUNCTURED. THE MACHINE HANDLES GREAT AND THE FULL TIME 4X4 NEVER BOTHERED ME. EVEN WITH THE STOCK TIRES IT TOOK ON MUD FAIRLY WELL.