PDA

View Full Version : 300ex...

smokinp
02-27-2005, 11:56 PM
I have a good chance to buy a 2001 300ex for really cheap...my question is from the people that have one/had one...what do you think of them and what can be done to them for performance?It needs a rebuild so I am going with a 12:1 or 11:1 high comp piston(i dont mind running race fuel)a different grind cam(any ideas?)and a FMF magamax slip on or supertrapp universal.what do you think?thanks....

OldSchoolin86
03-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Are you looking to keep up or beat any of the bigger quads? How extreme do you want to go? Also how cheap are you getting it for?

honda200
03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
go FMF powercore 4, you will be happy you did, on my bros old one, he went from 57 to 64 with just that pipe and proper jetting (done with gps)

throw some razr's or holeshots on the back, stockers are OK on the front, umm, dont use the reverse lever as a kickstarter :( mistake my cousin made when he tryed out his buddies (yea, its possible, lol)

other then that, they are a very light bike, i used to stand my bros old one up in all 5 gears and without that pipe, it just didnt have the power to do it

ohh, with the pipe, you should also put in a better ignition or whatever it is that lets you rev higher, rev box or something?? with a pipe it hits the limiter real quick in gears 1 - 4

Good luck

Curtis