PDA

View Full Version : Poll.....make me an offer.

BIGKAHUNA
01-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Dont you just hate it when you ask someone for a price on a part or something and they reply with.....Make me an offer. Hell throw out a starting price if we are gonna barter! I often times will email someone about a part and the usual email I get back is....Make me an offer. I JUST ASKED YOU FOR A PRICE! ! ! You give me the price and I'll make you an offer on it :rolleyes: WHEW....ok I am through venting...I was just wondering how many of you feel similar to the way I feel. Post and let it be known..I really dont get too bent out of shape...I just been hit with several of those lately after I specifically requested a price. And NO I AM NOT SPEAKING OF 3WW MEMBERS I HAVE DEALT WITH.....I am speaking of people I have got parts from off ebay and I have emailed inquiring about other stuff I need.

DixiePlowboy
01-22-2003, 05:58 PM
When asked to make an offer, low ball 'em. Don't offer what you're willing to give for the item, offer low. Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't.
By the way, did you get the E-mail I sent you an with the pics? Sorry 'bout draggin' my feet. I'm all caught up right now, though. :-D

ATCRYDER
01-22-2003, 06:14 PM
exactly

HemiChallenger71
01-22-2003, 06:32 PM
This exact thing just happened to me! I offered $20.00 for a little Honda SL-100 carb, and the guy wants me to pay shipping now too.

BIGKAHUNA
01-22-2003, 07:23 PM
When asked to make an offer, low ball 'em. Don't offer what you're willing to give for the item, offer low. Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't.
By the way, did you get the E-mail I sent you an with the pics? Sorry 'bout draggin' my feet. I'm all caught up right now, though. :-D

Yep I got it plowboy I am gonna get back to you on it. I got a few irons in the fire myself so to speak. Besides you have been more than understanding with me and I appreciate it.

wizzard
01-22-2003, 10:20 PM
someone asked me to make an offer on a bike HE wanted to sell. I low balled him (so i thought) and he jumped on it. i bought a 200X for $100.

ATC crazy
01-23-2003, 07:31 PM
I would not be good a low balling. I guess way too high or way too low. Usually way too high and i screw mysely over. :evil: Im not a good guesser when it comes to $$$

BIGKAHUNA
01-24-2003, 03:31 AM
I have made offers in the past and actually pissed some people off...Everybody has a different value assigned to an item...What something is worth to you may not be what it is worth to someone else whether the value be greater or less....Its good to know what ballpark you playing in when you make an offer.

MountainRider
01-24-2003, 10:52 AM
I don't have a problem with the "make me an offer" guys. I just lowball 'em, and go from there. I mean hey, you gotta start somewhere. You may get a response like "I hope your kidding!" (sound familiar speed20 :D ), but at least the ball's rollin. Who knows, maybe you'll get one of those good deals like Wizzard some day.