PDA

View Full Version : Trx250r ???

freaksfix
03-02-2005, 08:32 AM
WTF is the deal w/ the lowwer ball joints?? Are these part of the a-arm or can the be removed?? It an 87 by the way.....

TimSr
03-02-2005, 09:57 AM
You have to replace the lower a-arm. the good news is they last a long, long time, and used ones usually bring under $10.00 because of the large number of take-offs for extended a-arms.

freaksfix
03-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah i looked into it today, the local honda shop gets $300 for each lowwer with bushings and $190 for each upper with ball joints and bushings.. Then i loked into bushings at another sport shop and its $50 per a-arm, i swear i bought a complete (all 4 a-arms) bushing kit for my last TRX for like $90 a few years back....

I was thinking of taking a set of lowwers cutting the ball joints off and having a collar made to hold a upper ball joint,,, i have to do some measuring to see where that will put the camber??

x.system
03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah i looked into it today, the local honda shop gets $300 for each lowwer with bushings and $190 for each upper with ball joints and bushings.. Then i loked into bushings at another sport shop and its $50 per a-arm, i swear i bought a complete (all 4 a-arms) bushing kit for my last TRX for like $90 a few years back....

I was thinking of taking a set of lowwers cutting the ball joints off and having a collar made to hold a upper ball joint,,, i have to do some measuring to see where that will put the camber??

I am going to be doing the same thing with my 87 this summer.

freaksfix
03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I am going to be doing the same thing with my 87 this summer.

Have you looked into it at all?? Or planned it out? This just an idea i came up with on the way home from the Honda shop... I did find some cheaper a-arm bushings at www.atvbushings.com for $99,, they have other good deals too........ I still need tie rod ends, and id like to get a shock linkage bearing kit,,,,,, dont need it but rather do it now when its apart..

I have the quad completely apart and just about ready for powder coat,,, i have a friend that has some connections at a powder coating outfit so he is hooking me up with some powder coating.............free :Bounce

TimSr
03-02-2005, 11:07 PM
I sold two lower 250R arms on ebay last year. I got $9 out of one. The other didint sell, so I relsited it and got $6. I just sold two upper arm ball joints (no arm) for $35.

It just doesnt make a lot of sense to try to fabricate an upper ball joint into a lower arm, when you can buy two complete used lower a-arms cheaper than a set of upper ball joints.