PDA

View Full Version : Forum Users Scammer Alert / Warning: Phil Shortman: aka atcphil, degreez, & Raptor

Howdy
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
NOTE: As most everyone knows ( or should ) I HATE scammers / crooks with a passion. I go out of my way to try and bust such people / users. I have been doing this for years and will continue to do it in the future. I have my helpers in this quest to rid the site of these "Bad" users.

I ( and others ) have been tracking Phil for some time. After a lot of investigating we are 99.9% sure that degreez / Raptor is just another alias of Phil Shortman. Phil has scammed a number of users here on the forums under the username of atcphil. We shut that username down so he couldn't gain access to forums. How ever he found away around it and signed up useing degreez as the username, which was later changed to Raptor. We were alerted to his "Real Identity" a while ago.

So from the information we have gathered I am issueing a Scammer WARNING for Phil Shortman!! He has used the following forum usernames: atcphil, degreez, and his latest Raptor here on the 3WheelerWorld forums. He has also used atvwarrior on 3wheeler.org. I will update this with any new usernames as needed.
In my honest opinion he can't be trusted at all.

So once again we have shut his username down. We are also doing everything we can to block his access to the forums. But since he got around one block we are sure he will do it again.

Why didn't I / we post about this sooner? Because we wanted to double check every bit of information we had to be sure. And with this information we are now 99.9% sure of his true identity.

What is the value of this Thread / Posting? This thread / posting is being made to let you know to be VERY CAREFUL in your dealings on the forums ( not only this web site but other web sites / forums as well ).

What can you do to protect yourself from being scammed like Phil has done? Use the Feedback forum. Search for feedback for the user. If the user don't have any feedback you can contact me directly or email Admins@3wheelerworld.com. We will try to help out as much as possible.

Who all is involved in identifying "Bad Users"? I am not willing to give out this information. Why not? Secruity Reasons, I want the other "Helpers" to be able to remain anyomous so we can keep a more watchful eye.

Thanks
Howdy & Your Ever Watchfull 3WheelerWorld anti Scammer Team.

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks alot Howdy.. You know whats weird, I have been emailing back and fourth with a Phil Shortman about him wanting to buy parts off me, I completely forgot about his scams! thanks for the heads up! (and if for some reason you would like the emails, just let me know)

250RNUT
03-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the warning and the protection against this "scum". There are forums that would never put out a warning to its users,this forum is different and for that I am gratefull,Rob

Tri-ZNate
03-02-2005, 06:32 PM
I was wonder if/when you guys were gonna make a sticky on this subject about him. Thanks.

Billy Golightly
03-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Kind of threw me for a loop, I gotta say I wasn't expecting him to be back under a new name after we banned him the first time. I'm afraid since he has already done it he will make more and be here again if he isn't already.

trikerider2oo7
03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
why dont you ban his ip?

azhondagrl
03-02-2005, 09:19 PM
ahhh. finally someone that agrees. :rolleyes:
but, thanks for making those who didn't know aware of the problem with that guy!

TrikerR
03-02-2005, 09:31 PM
raptor and degreez are phil, whoa now thats a new one, they seemed so "clean".

Pistonhead
03-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Well degreez's e-mail adress was: dontlookbehindyou@hotmail.com, I also noticed I had a PM from him when I sent him a dirtwheels scan!!!!!!!! When I got the PM from him it was from Degreez, I just checked it, its now from Raptor!!!!!!!!!! He also signs as "paul", I thought something was fishy when degreez suddennly changed to "raptor" and vanished, funny how they would have the exact same trike too!!!

Howdy
03-03-2005, 09:32 AM
One of the other "Helpers" pointed out something that I forgot to mention.

Hey Howdy.
I was wondering if you wanted to edit your post about raptor to let everyone know that this is a joint effort between other sites, they are helping us and we are helping them. I would love to have people realize that 3ww and .org can and do work together.
I deeply regret not mentioning this in the original posting. Please forgive me. ;)

why dont you ban his ip?
We did!

I thought I better add this information also:
Phil's snail mail address is:
Phillip Shortman
57 chester close
new inn
pontypool, Tofaen
np4 0lu
United Kingdom

I know I have said it before but I will again: Do NOT deal with this Scammer. He can't be trusted. The Police there have been notified with the information I have so far.
Howdy

P.S. Jared, if you have the emails please forward them to the email in my original post if you would. Please include the email headers also.

Howdy
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a update. We have identified another Username of Phil's. That username is "Tubsy". The crack staff was able to identify him VERY quickly.
Howdy

faf_racing
03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm new here and ill take your word for this person ive seen "tubsy" alot since ive stepped on whats he do??? ive been hit by virus's that has shut me down cost me $$ too get me back up... not saying hes done this but...?

skippy
03-15-2005, 12:10 AM
if u had a bad transaction w him in the past, file a report here! thx

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Meat-BoX
03-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I thought that Scumbag was going to Jail? What happened, man that dude is a real bad apple and I thought he was Busted good. And boy isnt he a persistent little scumbag, he makes me worry that someone is chillin on this site trying to find out where we live to come steal our Bikes. I dont deal well with bike theives, I got a web cam streaming to my bro's server watching my Trikes. And I got lots of guns to Scare some fools. Everyone should do the webcam thing, they are cheap and its on Video.

250r'en +TCB
06-22-2005, 08:17 PM
thats the way to do it, hunt 'em down like dogs!!!!
I love the "zero tolerance" policy..... keep it

Blown 331
10-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Just a suggestion to clean the place up, we could probably un-stick this on since he is in jail.

playboyuk
10-08-2005, 05:45 PM
He aint in jail :(

He is on bail & i reckon he is or will be using the net soon

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?p=278192#post278192

I was passed this from another www site only a few weeks ago

hi all,

well as you have all gathered im out soon.

getting on great with people at prison - ashfield young offenders, they all call me 'ebay' the PCOs find it amazing what i done,

95% of the prison no me and i get on with everyone, just getting on with life, i done the crime now im doing my time, its very easy, i have a tv, ps2, cd player, and im currently doing my fork lift truck license,

so while being in prison ive got my L1 and L2 english, L1 maths, fork lift, duke of edinburgh bronze award, IT qualifications (clait, keyskills, networking)

so yeah im going legit now, i travelled the world, seen things, etc, and im only 18 so thats an acheivment, just cause i 'scammed' the money im not like the murderers and rapists ive come across,

People i 'scammed' sorry, at the end of the day i wanted money, and got greedy, so im doing my bird and looking forward to getting out and spending time with my family, hopefully everything is fine with familys i 'scammed' and yes people are pissed off with me, but now its time to get on with life as with everyone,

so well done to the people who helped catch me, good work

see you all later

As you can tell he aint learned nothing :(

Tri-ZNate
10-08-2005, 08:52 PM
i done the crime now im doing my time, its very easy, i have a tv, ps2, cd player, and im currently doing my fork lift truck license, this is what makes people not fear prison

84honda200s
09-15-2006, 05:35 AM
thanks for watching over us man. i hate scammers too.