PDA

View Full Version : how do i turn the oil down

PUD
03-05-2005, 10:25 AM
i ve got a yam blaster and the oil is clogging the spark plug and i need to turn it down so it doesnt clogg it up how do i do it?
thanks pud

twgranger
03-05-2005, 10:43 AM
sounds like a jetting problem

YAMAHA_Jim
03-05-2005, 11:23 AM
If the blaster is still setup stock,I doubt its a jetting problem.If your talking about adjusting the oil injection,forget about it.Its setup to mix at 32:1 and thats it.The best way to go is disconnect the oil injection and mix your gas 40:1.A oil inj block off kit around $40. The cheapest way to go is remove the plastic gear from the oil inj pump and put it back in place w/o the gear.This way the non functioning pump acts as the blockoff plate .First set the right side tires up on crates or blocks so the oil doesnt run out when you remove the engine case;or just drain/change the tranny oil. To get to the oil pump.Remove the kickstarter,the oilpump cover,and the right side engine case.Make sure you dont damage the engine case gasket.Its been awhile since i did this but i think the right footpeg has to come off also.Theres a small metal pin that holds the plastic gear on the oilpump shaft.Take that off and put the oilpump back in place and reassemble the rest.Then remove the oil lines and oil tank. The whole thing should take about an hour.
I use Maxima 2 stroke oil @40:1 castor 927,SuperM,or Formula K2
If this doesnt fix your blaster,then I think someone was messing around inside your carb.

daputz
03-05-2005, 12:52 PM
First find out what you have for jetting, and also what spark plug are you running?

OldSchoolin86
03-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Don't forget to check your gear oil. If your loosing gear oil and your oil fouling plug then you may need some crank seals too.