PDA

View Full Version : Predator and GPS

TravEX
03-06-2005, 08:01 PM
put my GPS on my buddies stock 04 Dale Jr Predator,,,flat pavement 3 runs each time, stock gearing 14/37 75.7mph hitting the rev limiter, then we slapped on a 36 rear sprocket and hit 77.8 hitting the rev limiter,,,please no arguments bout "top speed is useless, it's how fast you get there!",,,just passing the info along, and BTW it gets there quick! hehe

here's a pic of me and him last summer

later

Travis

Wickedfinger
03-06-2005, 09:38 PM
I wonder what the top speed is on the '05 regular Predator (non-T/L) now that the rev-limiter gives it a few hundred more RPM's to work with. Did you guys happen to do any 300' times?. From what I hear, they are capable of mid-6's stock.

TravEX
03-06-2005, 09:44 PM
no, no 300' times, i would expect that without taking it to the track it would be difficult and inaccurate to try to use a stop watch,,,how do you do it?

later,

Travis

TravEX
03-06-2005, 09:47 PM
and what is the ratio of 5th on both the 05's? i can't remember without digging true the magazines,,,

nevermind, just looked,,,i think that the Oct 04 DW that had the 2 05 Pred in it is wrong, the rev limiter was 8600 and bumped up to 9100, they say it was 9000 bumped up to 9100, anyway, that would put the non T/L Pred at 80 ASSUMING 5th is the same ratio,,,

DW says that on the non TL the gear box stayed the same with reverse added! so with a 36 T out back top speed would be 82,,,it's a shame the 36 and 38T are the only sprocket options for the Pred, i would love to see my buddies geared down and see how quick it could be, 1st gear to so steep in that thing,,,

Wicked, you rode one yet? i like the straight line feel of it, feels weird in the corners,,,of course he smokes me in drag races, and he beats his brothers tricked Shee (cool heads, piped and jetted, etc,)

i just don't like going that fast, my EX and X are plenty fast for me, but it's kinda cool to see just how fast they can go!

later

Travis