PDA

View Full Version : 400EX I just redid!

lisnup65
03-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I helped out a younger friend redo this 400EX. Just thought I would post a pic of the finished project. We spent 2 weeks working on it. Includes the following:
Sand blasted and powder coated Frame, a-arms, hubs, etc....
Big bore kit 440 (Thanks Tony and the Redline crew)
Complete upper end rebuild,
All bearings and seals replaced throughout the machine.
New brake pads, rebuilt calipers.
Rewired wire harness.
New chain/sprockets.
Rebuilt carb
New Plastics
New tires/rims.
New under body protection armor.
New bars,levers, grips, etc.
New clutch
SS bolt kit
LED illumination

To come:
Seat cover
Getting it dirty!!!!

x.system
03-07-2005, 06:43 PM
That looks nice, good job. I like that silver plastic. A grafix kit and matching seat would really set it off. Hows that plastic fit? :D

TravEX
03-07-2005, 07:23 PM
looks great,,,like to see more pics when it's done!!!

lisnup65
03-07-2005, 09:39 PM
That looks nice, good job. I like that silver plastic. A grafix kit and matching seat would really set it off. Hows that plastic fit? :D

It did not turn out to bad. Not bad for a 2 week project though. Their were some short cuts taken not by my choice though as the machine is not mine. :cool:

The silver plastics with the green frame actually seems to work really well. I was skeptical at first, but the finished product is a nice reverse that flows nicely.

I dont think the owner wants to use graphics, but I think it could use something to transform it from K to wow.

A black and silver custom cover is being made for the seat. We went with black tank cover to go with the black headlight shroud and to blend with black on the seat, Sorta like a stripe.

Dont even get me going on the plastics!!! :mad:
They fit like shiet and its sad as I would have went stock as they were around $100.00 cheaper.

TrikerR
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
now that is SWEEEET

x.system
03-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Dont even get me going on the plastics!!! :mad:
They fit like shiet and its sad as I would have went stock as they were around $100.00 cheaper.

We all know how much you love Maier :D

lisnup65
03-08-2005, 10:39 AM
We all know how much you love Maier :D

3 and 1/2 fricken hours drilling, aligning, etc trying to get them to fit somewhat correctly. Add the time on top of the additional $100.00 to buy over stock and I think I would have painted the stockers Silver.

Oh well, its done and they are on and they work.

Coty
03-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Should have went with FullBore

lisnup65
03-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Should have went with FullBore

Way 2 much monies!!!!

Wickedfinger
03-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Looks sharp man, good job.