PDA

View Full Version : What do ya thiink of the 300EX?

ATC-Eric
03-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I m in the market for a new ride, and considering a Honda 300EX. Im hoping someone out there who has one can tell me a little about theres. how does it ride, does it have enough power, have you had any problems with it?

Thanks
Eric

OldSchoolin86
03-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Well I'd love to ask how old you are and and what type of riding do you but I'll just jump in to it. The 300ex is a real nice quad but the problem is that there are so many 400's and 450's out there that it won't be long before you wish you would have bought something bigger. If you think the power of your 200s is plenty and you don't want much more then go for it. If your looking to "step up" then I'd say get a 400. All the 400's are good machines right now but the Suzuki/Kawasaki/ArticCat 400 is your best buy.

max
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Its An Excellent Bike. For All Around Use. Trully Awesome. I Would Personally Go With The New 400ex Cause It Just Got Reverse. 300s Will Go Most Places A 400 Can.

ATC-Eric
03-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey oldschoolin, ill fill ya in. im 21 years old located in Columbia Missouri. i stick to trail riding, but have hit the track a couple of times. i just had a honda 250 ex, so did my brother. they were both stolen when we were out of town in january. i cryed a little, but now that insurance has kicked in im ready for a new quad. i ask about the 300ex mostly because you can pick one up pretty cheap. i would love to get the new 400ex with reverse, but i decided to stick away from financing for a while, because i just got bit by honda for the two 250's in my name. insurance is gonig to cover it, but there is still a little off the top i have to take care of. im just in the market for a used bike right now.

thanks for your input.

most importantly: ATC's still chilln in the garage

lisnup65
03-08-2005, 02:01 PM
If you are buying new and dont want to spend the extra on the 400EX or the Suz/kaw/AC 400, then you should be fine on the 300. You can pick up some nice 400EX's for less than the 300 new, but you never know what you are going to get. A friend picked up a 400 for a steal at $1800.00 for a 2001. I thought it was a good price till it started knocking like a wood pecker. Over $1000.00 in the motor(Actually had around 1/7th of a piston laying in the bottom end from the last rework) plus everything else we did and its back on its feet. He could have bought a new EX for what he has in this one now.

Regardless what you decide is best, at least you will be out riding!

bassman
03-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Oh yea, 300ex's are truly GREAT machines. Just look at my pic/avator thing. That is a 300ex. The only greef i get with it , is that the choke lever is in the middle of the engine. So you have to reach right in there. It requires you to get "At one of with the machine", lol. But yea, they have sufficent power, handle good, all round great machines.

honda200
03-21-2005, 11:23 PM
my brother (14 at the time) had one, good wheelie bike, I wasnt too fond of the front end, it felt short, it was *horrible* in the sand with Razr's on it, he just sat there spinnin, while i roosted some sand at him with the warrior, hahaha

if your 21, are you sure you can comfortably ride one? i am only 5 foot 5 and the 300EX felt small to me, and i am only 16

Curtis

Quickonstep
03-22-2005, 12:58 AM
theres a couple 00+ 400ex's over at exriders right now that are fairly cheap.. theres one thats a custom, powdercoated frame and some other stuff..

for the cost of a used 300 you can get a 400 for about the same price or less.. And i think youll like the power and room to grow with the 400 over the 300.. i rode a 300 and altho it made fairly decent power.. the 400 was better suited for trail riding, and has plenty of power..

Jesse

ATC-Eric
03-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, thank you for your advice. i ended up with a 1998 yamaha warrior 350 :) this thing is FU#@ING MEAN! it has wider wheels then factory, a DG pipe, renthal bars, after market swingarm, Realtor tires? i think it is bored over, (previous owner couldnt tell me) because it is faster then my bros warrior. this thing is so loud, im finaly turning heads! ill try to post some pics this week.

OldSchoolin86
03-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I never think of the warrior but it's a good ride too. As with any machine you get from someone that has messed with it, make sure it's jetted right. Congrats and I'll keep an eye out for those pics.

ATC-Eric
03-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Got the pics. the one on the right is mine. This thing just tears through the mud! :twisted: its a nice step up from a honda 250. ill try to post some action shots sometime.