PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have LowRider Trucks?

Yamahauler
03-13-2005, 09:28 PM
I want to lower my truck down and paint it black, with lots of chrome. I was just wondering if any of you had done this.

85 250sx
03-13-2005, 11:44 PM
my old s15 gmc was lowered and it had some chrome wheels it was a nice little truck now i own a 2001 black expodition with a lightning front end and 24" wheels

andbody els ride on dubs?

1984kxtTECATE
03-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Flat black would look good on an older lowrider truck, with lots of chrome and a titanium scrape plate on the rear, so when your going down the road you see a shower of sparks :cool:

350xsx
03-13-2005, 11:49 PM
only ride on 44 and 50 inch rubber here :cool: quite the opposite, but its still showtrucks, and flat black deserves to be on enything, any enamel primer and black rims :beer

1984kxtTECATE
03-14-2005, 12:00 AM
only ride on 44 and 50 inch rubber here :cool: quite the opposite, but its still showtrucks, and flat black deserves to be on enything, any enamel primer and black rims :beer

Im with you there, I love my trucks to be lifted, my dad used to have an old 71 ford with a 410 ci mercury motor in it, ridin on 44" swampers, but some people enjoy the lowriders. Which isnt bad as long as it is a 2wd

Yamahauler
03-14-2005, 02:20 AM
ya mines a 2wd. I dont know, what do u think a 92 dakota would look good with. i say some alum rims, low profile tires and some kind of black paint job, flat or shiney.
The thing i like about this truck is it doesnt have a pussy little 4 banger motor, it's got something that'll move it. im sorry to all you guys that like those nissan trucks and othere crappy imports, i just cant stand them.
do any of you got some pics of them?

i attached a couple of my truck, arnt those wheels discusting?

KASEY
03-14-2005, 03:36 AM
i built this for my kids to drive to school a few years ago,,,,
http://hometown.aol.com/klm91/images/blazer3.jpg

angryyoung
03-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Kasey..... CAN YOU ADOPT ME!?

350xsx
03-14-2005, 04:18 PM
looks sik kasey, heres the show truck and the mud truck
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/pe482147d3798e07b4a83a2568ac85859/f4d48c65.jpg

the Panel has a custom frame we welded up from the big square Lamp posts from NYC,
new tires on the Panel, if you have a lifted showtruck and want good tires and you only drive on the street id suggest the Trxus tires that are on there, there real nice, also were puttin together a truck now, we have a frame a 383 stroker and a transfer case, up on 50 inchers, were lookin for an old, fat fendered ford body.....it all started with a transfer case and we had to put it to use lol

and with your dodge, what kind of motor does it have?, yah, any 2wd truck or small size pickup deserves to be in the weeds, no doubt, i wouldnt go cray on rims, id sray at like 18s or below, but im jus not big ito that whole "bling bling" thing, itd look good black, but you should go for a varient of a red or blue thats real dark, almost to the point of being black, jus so its not the same as a lot of other trucks unless you dont mind flat black, then jus go to Home Depot and spend $40 on flat black Enamel paint and start sprayin.... :beer

3 weelin geezer
03-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Needs dingle balls or fuzzy dice.

Dan Tenn
03-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Anybody notice the plate on Kasey's truck? Lo-n-blu. I hope thats not how its hangin for the builder. ;)

trikezilla
03-14-2005, 06:33 PM
looks sik kasey, heres the show truck and the mud truck
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/pe482147d3798e07b4a83a2568ac85859/f4d48c65.jpg

the Panel has a custom frame we welded up from the big square Lamp posts from NYC,
new tires on the Panel, if you have a lifted showtruck and want good tires and you only drive on the street id suggest the Trxus tires that are on there, there real nice, also were puttin together a truck now, we have a frame a 383 stroker and a transfer case, up on 50 inchers, were lookin for an old, fat fendered ford body.....it all started with a transfer case and we had to put it to use lol

and with your dodge, what kind of motor does it have?, yah, any 2wd truck or small size pickup deserves to be in the weeds, no doubt, i wouldnt go cray on rims, id sray at like 18s or below, but im jus not big ito that whole "bling bling" thing, itd look good black, but you should go for a varient of a red or blue thats real dark, almost to the point of being black, jus so its not the same as a lot of other trucks unless you dont mind flat black, then jus go to Home Depot and spend $40 on flat black Enamel paint and start sprayin.... :beer

those are two of the neatest things i have ever seen dude...i cant wait to build up a truck like that....and yes: any 2wd most likely does deserve to sleep w/ the weeds (or under them 50 inchers :w00t: )

hehe..."big trucks, fast trikes, and hot chicks" what could be better?? :cool:

350xsx
03-14-2005, 06:55 PM
those are two of the neatest things i have ever seen dude...i cant wait to build up a truck like that....and yes: any 2wd most likely does deserve to sleep w/ the weeds (or under them 50 inchers :w00t: )

hehe..."big trucks, fast trikes, and hot chicks" what could be better?? :cool:

....uhhhhh........ a couple 30 packs, big trucks, fast trikes, and hot chicks? lol
yah the one on the right usually has no body on it, its one of the old race trucks so it has a full roll cage....

i would say make your truck a PreRunner(Baja truck...) truck but that all depends on your fabrication skills, id just drop it and put some nice rims under it probly if i had it tho, depends on how the suspension is setup up front on those....out back you can make your own 3 link... but it aso costs a lot of money even if you do have the fab. skills, cuz you need all the tubing, fuel cell, long travel coilovers, welder, pipe bender, lathes, dyes....yah i guess its a lil too costly and hard for the average person.... just a thought....im currently lookin for a ranger to make a prerunner truck out of, and they are pretty much just as good 2 wheel cuz you dont use 4 wheel that often in a prerunner

Bill X_R
03-14-2005, 06:58 PM
A girl once told me that lowered trucks were for dudes that can't get it up..

LOL

I don't know about that, but I gota say IMO what's the point?

Yamahauler
03-14-2005, 07:59 PM
and with your dodge, what kind of motor does it have
it has a 318 V8 motor.

I just put this together on the kal tire website...

If you're wondering, the website is kaltire.com. you can put some rims on you vehicle

I dont know if i like these rims, i think i like the blue paint job better, except i would want it darker.

3 weelin geezer
03-15-2005, 11:24 AM
I'd like to see such a thing trying to go thru a small puddle of mud and see if it makes it to the other side. Or maybe to a cool spot at the foot of a mountain where the road is what you make because the original one is all but wahed out.

hondatrikesrule22
03-15-2005, 02:41 PM
I like the black...but you would need to take off the emblem by the front tire. :)

AZ250R
03-15-2005, 04:18 PM
i attached a couple of my truck, arnt those wheels discusting?
d00D, those wheels cost over $300 EACH from MOPAR!?!?! Just the WHEEL, no tire with it. & your right, they're UGLY! My girlfriend has a 93 Dakota Sport 4x4 with them on it and had the spare rip'd off, which was a factory wheel too (why for the spare...). She wanted the same one back under there, which she never has used either, so she spend the $ for it. I was try'n to talk her into something more original, like your doing, & for only a few hundred more than ONE of those factory ones you'll get all 4 done! So you should be able to sell them to some poor schmuck, & NO I'm not let'n my girlfreind buy them! :mad: :rolleyes:

350xsx
03-15-2005, 04:53 PM

LOL

I don't know about that, but I gota say IMO what's the point?

Its jus nicer, better handling if you dont like those lil white signs with the numbers on em, and why would you wanna be liike every other truck?and because its 2 wheel and its a lil pointless to lift it because you cant mud it....

nice, my friend has a newer Dodge Dakota with a 318, its not an R/T,there 360s right? but it beat my friends stock R/T..i dont know why, both where automatics...and it beat it with drivers switched and everything, im thinkin it has a chip and he doesnt realize it, its a fassst truck, we where doin 120+ through back roads

Yamahauler
03-15-2005, 07:45 PM
d00D, those wheels cost over $300 EACH from MOPAR!?!?!
wow, i think they might be going on ebay sometime. I might only have to pay $100 extra for some nice wheels!

hotroddal
03-15-2005, 11:09 PM
i dont got a lowrider vehicle but i do build custom lowrider bicycles, i will get some pics up as soon as i take some pics.

essej_jesse
03-19-2005, 10:33 PM

Lifted truck are for dudes that can't get laid! :D

Rod
03-20-2005, 12:46 AM
This is a buddy of mines truck. We were in the same truck club togther but I sold mine.

RideRed250R
03-20-2005, 01:59 AM
well i got a 92 yota 4x4 5spd ext. cab with the 22re motor k/n air intake, downey header ,custom 2 1/2 header back with high flow cat system, 430 lift cam for torque and midrange to top, tbs and a bored out lcengineering throttle body, lifted 4inches with long travel suspension 10 inch up front and 8 in the back, and to rap up the inside a pioneer head unit two pioneer 90 watt tweaters, two 6 1/2 front door speakers (200 watts a peice) two 6x9s (400 wats each) and two 800 watt JBL 8 inch subs with 3 1000 watt sony amps. next on my list high output altenator (my lights dim when i have it half way up LOL) with 2980 watts it should. Also for a four cylinder gettin 17 miles to the gallon on the street and close to 20 on the highway with tail gate down its got pep i dont lose to v6's even the 4.0 fords. shes quick so i wouldnt be callin 4 cylinders pussys when i can out drive you gettin better gas mileage and if i throw it in four low and not lock my hubs (i could but fair fight) i bet i can pull yah as well.
wat year r/t those things come with 350-365 depending on wat year and are goverened at 135 he should have taken *. there also a 5.9 360
adam

Yamahauler
03-20-2005, 05:09 AM
for a four cylinder gettin 17 miles to the gallon on the street and close to 20 on the highway with tail gate down

so i wouldnt be callin 4 cylinders pussys when i can out drive you gettin better gas mileage

I dont know about that getting better gas milage, my truck is completly stock, no fancy airfilter, no engine mods, just a bone stock 318ci V8 and itll get close to 20 MPG on the highway as well. I dont think 20 is that good for a 4 cylinder.

o ya, its quick as hell too!

350xsx
03-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Lifted truck are for dudes that can't get laid! :D

:p , you do realize i could roll over you, crush your truck, then kill you :D j/k, but all the shows ive been to, theres a crowd 4 deep round all of mine and my friends LIFTED trucks, and 85% of them are fiiiine ladies, while joe blow is 20 feet away in his S10 playin with the airbags and ruining his roll pan while his 5 fat friends sit there and make korny jokes and eventually come over in amazement at ou trucks :D but its all good :beer , i guess its personal preference, basicly, new honda with a coffee can pipe and spinner huncaps(lowred), or a Blown 2- 4's, big number C.I. crate motor with open headers(lifted truck) im jus playin, i love all show trucks

so i wouldnt be callin 4 cylinders pussys when i can out drive you gettin better gas mileage

haha, its not in how many miles you go before you stop at a gas station, its how fast you get there, how thick the rubber on the road is, and how loud it is, excluding the big bore weedwacker sound of your PUSSY 4 cylinders, there i said it 4 cylinders ARE pussys, ive driven trucks that get 2 miles per gallon, id rather pay the price to drive a Viper powered Dodge Dually, then drive in a pussy 4 cylinder, but this is a topic for another day, because ive built cars with people that NO 4 cylinder will beat (Frank Manzo's Drag car :p yah i helped put some of the crap together on one of his cars a couple years ago) and street cars too, also street trucks,an F-100(dropped) with a Cobra Jet 428, that i put a cam in, new heads/rockers etc,ignition, etc...., oh, and my friend owns JDM Performance, and ive helped him out at his shop a few days, i dont think theres a motor hes put together thats yet to been beat by anything under 8 cylinders :beer but again, its all good, illrespect what you like, i just have totally diferent taste, and different ways of going about things i.e. - getting there fast vs. barely gettin up to the speed limit and savin a few bucks on gas to buy a multi use Folgers can A) it will store your coffe keeping it fresh and B) all new exclusive adapters to put it on your import to make it sound like the annoying oversized gnat on steroids youve always wanted to here :o

as long as you can have fun with it ill respect it tho :beer

350xsx
03-21-2005, 01:43 AM
I dont know about that getting better gas milage, my truck is completly stock, no fancy airfilter, no engine mods, just a bone stock 318ci V8 and itll get close to 20 MPG on the highway as well. I dont think 20 is that good for a 4 cylinder.

o ya, its quick as hell too!
can you please tell us how much 4 cylinders have beat you :D my guess 0....and after you put anb aftermarket or custom pipe and filter on youll get better gas mileage,if you feel the need to make these modifications,
so all in all you cant win with a 4 cylinder unless in your daily work day you drive 900 miles and need the xtra $10 you save for an all new special edition blue lidded series Folgers can :naughty: now thats true performance

Yamahauler
03-21-2005, 02:01 AM
can you please tell us how much 4 cylinders have beat you :D my guess 0....and after you put anb aftermarket or custom pipe and filter on youll get better gas mileage,if you feel the need to make these modifications,
so all in all you cant win with a 4 cylinder unless in your daily work day you drive 900 miles and need the xtra $10 you save for an all new special edition blue lidded series Folgers can :naughty: now thats true performance
haha your absolutly right, zero 4 cyls. have beat me, im going to probaly get dual exhaust sometime and an airfilter maybe, so that should keep we well ahead of those obnoxiously loud four bangers.
what was that one website were some guy was totaly against rice burners and he said why spend thousands of dollars modding a jap car with a pussy motor to make it keep up with the V8's when you just go out and buy a V8 and put an air filter and exhaust on it and beat the hell out of those cars. :rolleyes:

mike from long island
03-24-2005, 11:45 PM
the smaller they are the easier they are to run over :beer

markdb420
03-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Amen, guys nice Chevy Mike! I agree around here the guys with the chicks have the big ass lifted Fords and Chevys. The ricer craze is more or less the little Civics with rims worth more than the car! THis dude I work with just got a 2005 Suburban Z-71 and plans on lowering it slightly and putting $3000 per rim 24" rims on it. I told him that was the dumbest damn thing i had ever heard of. Its his money, but why lower a 4x4 and spend $3000 per rim? I think that low rider trucks are GAY and the folgers cans on these ricer cars just make them loud not at all fast!

350xsx
03-25-2005, 10:37 PM
ok, i do know kid with an Eagle Talon and like 14 grand into the motor and yes its fast...........but i know a guy with a 6.0 Powerstroke and 6 grand into the motor, and it smoked the Talon and left a big line of black smoke acrossed it....hehehehe, to each there own, but if you have a 2wd truck drop it, im not against it in anyway, as long as it can make up for it with the motor, and if you want to put duals on your truck, id make em myself, i went to the store and picked up 2 stock cat back pipes for some other car??, cut the cats off , and cut a lil off the pipe tweaked them a lil and voila, oh, and 2 exhaust tips... they come out before the tires and it looks and sounds pretty bad, it has afterburner mufflers, its on my brothers 81 chevy 3/4 ton 1500, because yall know if it was my truck A) it'd be Ford(just had really really good luck with em B) itd have cherry bomb pipes

Ddw350
03-26-2005, 01:32 AM
i have an 86 s10,its lowered 5 in front 6 in rear.i still got 15" are rims.back in 1990 when i got em,nothing had 16" except corvetts! its kinda "old skool" remember i did this stuff in early 90's.. its got east coast customs ground fx,stillen tail[which still doesnt match color after 4 paintjobs!] other stuff like mirrors,grill etc... i took amazon blue[its gm or chrysler,i cant remember] and took all the pearl out and replaced it with pretty course metallic,its not bad,i really wanted yellow.inside has buckets and stuff,i cut the rear wall out and put 2 15's in a sealed box.the bed has a vinel cover on.i bolted this speaker to the bed,the other one i had with 4 12's was stolen,15's are better anyway,dont let anyone tell you different,also has a crooked license plate/tailgate cover from sir michales.i had that like 10 years ago,now i see them every where,its boxy looking cause of the ground fx and the body style of the truck.i think of selling it,but its so low maintance and runs so good,i just keep running it...one day when i get a digital camera[32 yrs old and dont have a digital camera!] i'll post some pics of it and the 350x

3 weelin geezer
03-26-2005, 11:13 AM
What use are lowered trucks anyways? Ya can't haul stuff in em cause they already almost scrape the ground. Y not get a car instead?

OldSchoolin86
03-26-2005, 11:37 AM
What use are lowered trucks anyways? Ya can't haul stuff in em cause they already almost scrape the ground. Y not get a car instead?What's the point of 3wheelers? Parts are getting harder to find, places to ride are getting harder to find, you can't get a 4x4 trike. Oh I know why, becase they are different and we like them. You ask why not just get a car? Maybe because they don't want a car. Why does a truck have to hual anything? Did you know you can get air systems that can drop a dualy to the ground for show and with the flip of a switch raise up and have more weight capacity then a stocker? All I'm saying is each to his own. Personaly I would never own one, but I see why others would.

3 weelin geezer
03-27-2005, 03:18 AM
I have a truck that I use to haul dirt and junk around to the land fill and sometimes to take my trike where I go thats why I am asking what use is it. I have a 84 camaro thats pretty low to the ground compared to others I've seen.
I use that to take friends to parties and stuff like that when I need more seats and less bed. I also have a 03 kawasaki bayoo so its not like I don't like quads or anything its just that I think that tricycles with engines in them are not just for kids and I like the really fat donut tires on them. Btw, what parts are you not finding for your trike? So far I havent come across that problem yet.
4x4 trike... :wondering?? I'm sure there is someone out there with a 3x3 trike though. wouldn't be that hard to make it happen if you really saw a need for it or just wanted to have something to impress the crew. Ever heard of the Rokon thing? You didn't see the pictures of where I ride did you? The nearest road is 13 miles away if you follow the dirt road out. Some others don't even have a path to follow.

OldSchoolin86
03-27-2005, 08:54 AM
I have a truck that I use to haul dirt and junk around to the land fill and sometimes to take my trike where I go thats why I am asking what use is it. I have a 84 camaro thats pretty low to the ground compared to others I've seen.
I use that to take friends to parties and stuff like that when I need more seats and less bed. I also have a 03 kawasaki bayoo so its not like I don't like quads or anything its just that I think that tricycles with engines in them are not just for kids and I like the really fat donut tires on them. Btw, what parts are you not finding for your trike? So far I havent come across that problem yet.
4x4 trike... :wondering?? I'm sure there is someone out there with a 3x3 trike though. wouldn't be that hard to make it happen if you really saw a need for it or just wanted to have something to impress the crew. Ever heard of the Rokon thing? You didn't see the pictures of where I ride did you? The nearest road is 13 miles away if you follow the dirt road out. Some others don't even have a path to follow.
LMAO, you kinda missed the whole point. Oh well.