PDA

View Full Version : Finally home! I now have an extremely rare Yamaha quad added to the collection

LonesomeTriZ
03-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I bought this a few months ago and could not go get it until this past week. Yamaha only made a hand full of theses Pro Haulers in 1989. This one has been garage kept and preserved in wonderful condition. It even has the original spark plug. This thing is slow, but it will pull hell off the hinges. Even though it is only two wheel drive it was still able to conquer some pretty serious inclines and rock formations on my family’s farm in Tennessee while we were visiting. I hope you all enjoy the photographs. :Bounce

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-14-2005, 06:04 PM
very sweet, i had the ol' terra-pro , sorta like that

LonesomeTriZ
03-14-2005, 07:23 PM
very sweet, i had the ol' terra-pro , sorta like that

You had a Terro Pro? I would love to get one of those. I found one, but the guy wantd my first born for it and it needs a starter. did you have all the attachments?

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-14-2005, 07:36 PM
all i had was the 44" mower, i think that was the size, sky blue, i still see it from time to time in the guys truck, so i know its still kickin!

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
go on and trade the first born , alot easier to produce, very hard to find the pro's :p

LonesomeTriZ
03-14-2005, 07:41 PM
I would, but I have gotten pretty attached. Besides, I think he will make a good riding buddy. Do you know if Yamaha made the mowing deck? I was told the out sourced all the attachments. I am just wondering how hard parts will be to get if I am able to find one.

YAMAHA_Jim
03-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Nice ride LonesomeTriZ.I never knew Yamaha made one of them.What size motor does that have?...looks like a 200 or 250.
Good Luck with it.

LonesomeTriZ
03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Nice ride LonesomeTriZ.I never knew Yamaha made one of them.What size motor does that have?...looks like a 200 or 250.
Good Luck with it.

it has a 230CC engine that Yamaha only used with this quad and nothing else. It has high and low range with reverse. So it acually has 10 forward gaers and two reverse. And let me tell you, that low gear is LOW. I bet it will pull my dually.

Bill X_R
03-14-2005, 09:54 PM
What kinda funky trailer you pullin there? Is that two or just one? Nice find b the way!

LonesomeTriZ
03-14-2005, 09:58 PM
What kinda funky trailer you pullin there? Is that two or just one? Nice find b the way!

That is my twenty foot car trailer. I have a bed for my 72 Ford straped and up side down.

Meat-BoX
03-25-2005, 02:58 PM
That Quad looks Sweet, real clean and I bet she's a TOUGH Quad. I believe that needs to be in WickedFinger's Book. That has got to be the 1st ever utility quad. And they dont come much cleaner than that when they are that age. Take some sweet shots of her and send em in to the man with the WICKEDFINGER woo hoo

MTS
03-25-2005, 03:33 PM
hahaha, them things are rare???? hell i didnt know that we had 1 on our farm and so did the neighbours.....they mighta pulled hell off the hinges when the ran....lol they where fun to beat around on but they only have elec start and when the barrty dies your screwed, that one looks to be in nice shape, our neighbours just restored one and my friends dad(who worked on our farm) has the old pro-hauler 2 of them he got another old one from our other neighbour...lol they both run re-built......good for utility too bad they aint 4wd tho......and you can haul like 5 people on that thing with that deck haha

Lomax
03-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I know where one of those pro-haulers are setting right now. I didnt think that much about it really, is it something I should look into??

LonesomeTriZ
03-25-2005, 05:22 PM
hahaha, them things are rare???? hell i didnt know that we had 1 on our farm and so did the neighbours.....they mighta pulled hell off the hinges when the ran....lol they where fun to beat around on but they only have elec start and when the barrty dies your screwed, that one looks to be in nice shape, our neighbours just restored one and my friends dad(who worked on our farm) has the old pro-hauler 2 of them he got another old one from our other neighbour...lol they both run re-built......good for utility too bad they aint 4wd tho......and you can haul like 5 people on that thing with that deck haha

It sounds as though you all got some ggo duse out of them old Haulers. Your right, I wish they were four wheel drive. could you imagin what they could do them.

LonesomeTriZ
03-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I know where one of those pro-haulers are setting right now. I didnt think that much about it really, is it something I should look into??

Please do, I would not mind finding another one. If you have a lot of property, you may want to consider it for your self.

MTS
03-25-2005, 08:44 PM
man thought i would mention, both them pro-haulers where beat to the bone....the one on our farm when we got rid of it was becuse it didnt run, but we completly wore out 3rd and 4th gear literally, when my friend took them apart they where basicly warn bald hahah......summer befor we got rid of it we put a new oil pump and cam......we had that thing since new!....not to mention if you take the big heavy metal deck off the back of them there good for wheeling haha

LonesomeTriZ
03-26-2005, 09:43 AM
man thought i would mention, both them pro-haulers where beat to the bone....the one on our farm when we got rid of it was becuse it didnt run, but we completly wore out 3rd and 4th gear literally, when my friend took them apart they where basicly warn bald hahah......summer befor we got rid of it we put a new oil pump and cam......we had that thing since new!....not to mention if you take the big heavy metal deck off the back of them there good for wheeling haha

It sounds as though you all got your moneys worth out of that old hauler. :D

bad boy
03-07-2006, 12:10 AM
I bought this a few months ago and could not go get it until this past week. Yamaha only made a hand full of theses Pro Haulers in 1989. This one has been garage kept and preserved in wonderful condition. It even has the original spark plug. This thing is slow, but it will pull hell off the hinges. Even though it is only two wheel drive it was still able to conquer some pretty serious inclines and rock formations on my family’s farm in Tennessee while we were visiting. I hope you all enjoy the photographs. :Bounce

I have one to...i have it since 1990 and wont sell it for nothing....you are wright, it will surly pull your truck...mine did move my 10x10 shed, i have put it on wood log and hook it to the atv, low range, first gear and the Pro Hauler did the job:w00t:

It's my first time here...hope you are still here to read my message....

see you next time...bad boy

tri-shee
03-07-2006, 10:32 PM

I may be interested in it , i live down in texas around houston . I sure would like to add one of those to my collection . Let me know , Thanks , Blair

atvnut
03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
We picked up a MINT one last summer to use as a pit bike at the drags...works AWESOME! also gets lots of funny looks and Questions....Congrats on your find! That one looks to be in great shape too!

http://x10.putfile.com/3/6618094664.jpg

http://x10.putfile.com/3/6618090190.jpg

Big D
03-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Man that thing is ugly but I love it lol . Great find