PDA

View Full Version : Negative Feedback

Derrick Adams
03-14-2005, 09:23 PM
I absolutely hate to leave negative feedback. Sometimes you just have to, but it just ticks me off. I work hard to have 100% positive feedback and on those few occations where i'm done wrong and feel I need to leave negative, I'm always concerned that they will do the same to me, for no reason other than spite! Once it's there, IT'S THERE! I've heard stories of people buying and not paying and immediately leaving negative for no reason.

Damn it, I just hate it.

I wonder if you were ever unjustly given negative feedback and could prove it, if it would be grounds for a lawsuit. (defemation of charactor, slander)

Man, I hate even being put in that position! Why can't people just do what they say they will?

TravEX
03-14-2005, 10:25 PM
i agree, i have yet to leave negative cause i do not want 1 negative on my record,,,my 350X seat cover was 2 weeks late and i still left positive feedback just to avoid it,,,i'm always at my PC when the auctions i'm bidding on end and pay right away, and then they wait 2 weeks to drop it in the mail?!! i thnk that i'm up to 69 postive and no negatives,,,what's your #'s

later

Travis

x.system
03-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Just wait until the last day to leave negative feedback and maybe you will slide by lol. :D I've had to leave a couple and it has worked for me. I still got a new user that screwed up my 100% I had running for almost 3 years.

Orangecnty250r
03-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Just wait until the last day to leave negative feedback and maybe you will slide by lol.

I was thinking the same thing. What is it 90 days??? by that time though you might have cooled down and its not an issue anymore. Most of my dealings have been good but I also worry about retallitory feedback. At least you can reply back and hopefully point out the facts. I think most people realize you cant please everyone and will turn a blind eye to one or two if there is a rational reply. I have 67 at 100% When i was going through the feeback forum I realized 20 people in the last 2 month have not left feedback- Even people I have payed immediately and I have left them feedback. Thats what irritates me.

Derrick Adams
03-14-2005, 11:51 PM
This last guy i've been waiting 6 weeks to ship my part and never has. Only responded to one email, and only after I told him I would be leaving negative feedback.

I hate to do it, but I will. The last thing I want is to let someone think they can act irrespossibly and get away with it. I think 30 days is long enough to get an item shipped.

x.system
03-15-2005, 12:21 AM
I usually give 14 or 15 days for the part to be at my door before I start asking where its at, but normally it only takes 4 or 5 days tops. I just bought a trx frame and it only took 3 days to get that. I think I've been pretty lucky with sellers, I've only ever had to wait a month or more once and I usually only buy from certain people now.

NOS_350X
03-15-2005, 03:03 AM
(defemation of charactor, slander)

Umm slander is spoken. I belive your thinkin of liable. (sp?) I'm almost positive that that is writen.

sandpuppi101
03-15-2005, 09:38 PM
6 weeks sure seems like a long time to be waiting for anything and it seems your seller does'nt really care or else he would reply back or something.It has happened to me where selling items ,I get to almost a overwhelmed state but I as a seller as well as everybody elsewho sells items has a obligation to fulfill.And like I put it in my auctions communication is very important,as it should.That just sucks to hear that!!

OldSchoolin86
03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I've given a couple negative feedbacks. I couldn't care less if some jack wants to give me negative feedback over thier mistakes. I ship fast and pay quicker. I know I do a good job and that's good enough for me.

I've been a member since Oct. of 2000. I have 106 positive feedbacks and 1 negative. That 1 negative was my first auction on ebay and the guy refused to answer emails or deal with the auction at all. After 4 weeks I gave up, the next week he gave me negative feedback. I started out at -1 and never a problem.

I know some people are afraid of negative feedback because ebay is thier business. I really don't understand why though because some of your biggest power sellers have negative feedback and do great. It's just the way it goes. Your not gonna make everyone happy. To be honest I hate it when people don't leave negative or neutral feedback when people deserve it because they're really screwing the rest of us who would like to know what kind of people we are dealing with. I'll give out neutral feedback for any kind of BS and negative for people who shouldn't be on ebay. I'd rather take the risk of some return negative feedback then leave others not knowing the truth. I'll even watch for replys and slap them again with another reply if they were real jerks. Don't get me wrong, I don't have that many bad deals but I'm sure not afraid to tell them what I think.

Dammit!
03-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Someone mentioned it elsewhere but I love the idea of ebay changing their system so that the seller HAS to leave feedback first before the buyer is even able to. There is absolutely no reason why sellers should even be allowed to wait until you give them feedback to give you yours. The item is paid for so the buyer held up their end. I have a couple items right now that I have paid for but not recieved and no feedback yet. I even have a couple that I had paid for and recieved AND I already left them positive feedback but they have not yet left me any.

I have a bad feeling I might not be getting my last item I won... hope I'm wrong.

StangLX302
03-18-2005, 05:36 AM
If they truly deserve a negative, leave it for them at 89 days and they won't even have a chance to neg you back. If they do manage to squeeze it in, no big deal, everyone has negs on eBay, you'll survive.

Sorry guys, even as a seller, I only leave feedback AFTER I receive feedback first. I know it's not really fair, but, I have seen some people leave negs for very stupid reasons. Go look at the feedback forum on eBay and look at some of the reasons sellers get negged. Some are deserved, but when someone buys a 30 year old used car part and says "part was dirty", that's just stupid. When I buy an old used part, I am fully aware that I might have to clean it up.