PDA

View Full Version : polaris scrambler

3wheelrkid
03-15-2005, 07:21 PM
hey i have a problem with my 2000 scrambler 400 4x4, i lost spark i was just riding it, shut it off and it never satrted again! I have replaced the cdi, coil, and stator and it still doesnt get spark? i dont kno what it could be. Could it be the rpm limiter of the regulator? because ive replaced every other electrical component.
let me kno

smokinwrench
03-15-2005, 10:51 PM
First I think you should buy a repair manual and a cheap multi meter and learn how to use it before you go broke just replacing parts.

I would start with the simple stuff first. Check the grounds. CHeck the key switch and shut off switch. Neutral safety switch.

Dan Tenn
03-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Have you tried a new plug, and new plug wire?

Wickedfinger
03-16-2005, 05:08 PM
.... check the two wiring harnesses that plug into your left side handlebar switch pod - they are notorious for either loosing contact if they pull out a little bit or from dirt and oxidation. The rev-limiter is built into the CDI, so you can rule that out. There is a reverse override limiter in the smaller box near the steering stem. You can safely unplug that and the bike will run fine - however I have heard that in some cases, it will disable the key switch - happens on some years not on others. I hope you didn't change out all those parts for nothing.