PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see the Tiger 200 converted to a quad or eBay

Mike Fort Laud
03-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I just saw a Tiger 200 converted to a quad on eBay. I almost want to drive up and find the person that ruined that Tiger. I saw it under the search of ATC 250R.

Derrick Adams
03-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Speedbump from the board has that for sale!

threewheelin-feelin
03-16-2005, 08:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5565502379&rd=1

wtf??? :(

Bigbore
03-17-2005, 11:11 PM
What a TURD!!!!!!!!!!!

"rare and valuable"?????????????? There's nothing left of the Tiger to restore. Like Tiger tanks, front ends, etc. are just laying around. What is wild is that some idiot bid $1,200 for it.

max
03-17-2005, 11:20 PM
looks like that motor would bolt up in the 83 84 rs being that the chain is on the right hand side. hmmm.!! wonders

SpeedBump
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
What a TURD!!!!!!!!!!!

"rare and valuable"?????????????? There's nothing left of the Tiger to restore. Like Tiger tanks, front ends, etc. are just laying around. What is wild is that some idiot bid $1,200 for it.

It was mine, but I traded it to my friend Rick, the one who listed it for sale. As for Tiger parts laying round, no, not laying round, but you really should as questions BEFORE you assume things like "NOTHING left to restore"

For your info...that is the STOCK TANK in all original condition. It is only missing the radiator shrouds and front end. It is VERY restorable...in fact....I am going to be buying up a couple Tiger 500s that have been converted the same way, by the same people back in the late 80s. Oh ya, it just so happens, there is 1 complete front end and a spare NEW OEM front fender and maybe another front end lurkin in his shop. You must be one of the guys emailin Rick to tell him what a jerk he is. If you are in fact one of them, he told me to tell you to go to he11. :beer http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18975

As for runinin the trike....you people need to turn on the brain for a second and turn off your FEELINGS. These trikes were able to be bought and sold and WERE NOT considered collector's items......BACK in the DAY! Damn, it isn't as if he found a complete running Tiger 200 3 wheeler last month and decided to chop off the front end, weld on the Quad chassis and go racing. The owner of the Dealership ( I have talked to him a several occasions), Tru Way RV, had 2 Tiger QUADS on order, but before they ever got delivered to him...they (Tiger) went out of business. Well, lets see, I own a Tiger Dealership, my son and his 2 friends race under my Sponsorship, riding MY 3 wheelers and the Company (Tiger) just closed its doors, stiffed me outta my Quads and now the Sanctioning bodies are outlawing 3 wheelers in competiton. I got lots of spare parts, engine stuff, mechanical parts and such laying round here for the Tigers, but NOBODY is going to be busting down my door for them anytime soon. I guess I could go out and buy a few new QUADS, or maybe convert my Trikes into quads, thus saving myself a pile of money. Wait, maybe far down the road in say....2005 some nostalgic 3 wheeler guys may want to restore these Tigers! I better not convert them. :rolleyes:
Does any of this make sense to you guys who are taking offense with this PARTICULAR trike/quad? The reasons I chose to not restore the Tiger 200, and agreed to trade it to Rick, are fairly simple. From the time I found the 200, I wanted to restore it. Then I found out about the Tiger 500s. Seems to me, it would be WAY better to restore the Big Boy. Well, my friend wanted to 200, and I really didn't need it with the others on the way. I was going to sell it but he said he wanted to mess around with it, get it runnin and such. He didn't plan on selling it on Ebay right away, but things change and he listed it.
Big crime I guess. I just wish people would do what their Mothers told them long ago...."if ya got nothing nice to say....." This horse has been beaten many times in the past. Howdy, sorry for ranting a bit, but I had to at least try to explain.

SpeedBump
03-21-2005, 05:46 PM
looks like that motor would bolt up in the 83 84 rs being that the chain is on the right hand side. hmmm.!! wonders
Oh ya Max, I got a spare Tiger 250 engine here.... ;) Cash talks, BS walks... :w00t:

erectordale
03-21-2005, 11:18 PM
speedbump I agree with you totally as this is restoreable if nothing else some of the parts on there are impossible to find and those of use tiger fans would do whatever we can to restore or salvage what we can in time

Howdy
03-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Howdy, sorry for ranting a bit, but I had to at least try to explain.

That wasn't ranting ( IMO ). It was just telling it like it is / was.
Howdy

Bigbore
03-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Speedbump,

Didn't mean to offend you. On a 3 wheeler site what did you expect the comments to be? You have (had) something that would be of intrest to a few as a converted Tiger 3 to a quad. I've restored several 3 wheelers, build many other one-offs, and been into 3 wheelers (racing and then recreation) since 1982. I know not everything I've done would intrest everybody. I said it like I saw it, the conversion although done when very little parts for quads where available, isn't clean. In the eyes of most 3 wheeler people it is a trend of what is happening to our passion. Goverment intervention, insurance companies, manufactures abandoning a small but loyal following, and lastly the passage of almost 20 years sence the official last nail in the 3 wheelers coffin. As more and more 3 wheelers ROT behind chicken coops and are scraped dialy a piece of what we like is lost.

Now I know what the thinking of the guy was that did the conversion, nuts? Yes! But what do you do????

Still, I see your side. You weren't putting it up as something to be restored. I hope the money you got will ease the pain of my comments.

Bigbore
03-23-2005, 11:19 AM
And no I didn't e-mail anybody and tell them not to buy. Not my style.

SpeedBump
03-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Still, I see your side. You weren't putting it up as something to be restored. I hope the money you got will ease the pain of my comments.

I didn't sell it, list it OR make money. It was traded to a friend who had claimed he wanted it to fix up, ride, play around with and I didn't expect him to Ebay it or trade it like he did. (So fast, anyway)

As for the comments about being on a 3 wheeler site....how about an intellegent response and not something so childish like calling it a TURD. You were blaming the CURRENT owner of the Tiger with little or not knowledge of how/why the conversion was done. Like I said...turn on the BRAIN and quit acting like a touchy feely liberal. Back to the "mother" comment....nothin nice to say?......say nothing. Just because you are on a 3 wheeler board, doesn't give you free reign to be a putz. Opinions are like ARSEholes...everybody's got them.

BTW, Rick promptly went out and bought a 1987 Honda 250ES BigRed in near mint condition. One 4 inch crack in the original rear fender. He got it from the original owner. He has owned many trikes in the past and will continue to buy sell and trade quads trikes and bike of all types and styles. This one will be for sale in a while too...probably very soon.

88 Turbo Coupe
03-25-2005, 05:45 AM
What company(s) made or make a factory Rotax powered Quad?