PDA

View Full Version : Drag races. Trophy handouts, Run off time

Billy Golightly
03-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Working on the Trikefest brochure and have a few questions:

#1: How many trophies are we going to give out for the Drag Races?
#2: No Classes, no signup, no numberplates. Just the fastest of the fastest, correct?
#3: Winners will be determined by a "run off" of the fastest people, but fastest 5? 10? ect Or should this be left TDB?
#4: Quads, dirtbikes, going to be eligible for the trophy(s) if they are a forum member?

Thats all for now :-)

Wickedfinger
03-21-2005, 05:23 PM
... Bill, you need brackets at least ..... Someone running a 100hp NO2 dirt dragger isnt fair beans and you can't lump bikes in with ATV's. I guess it really comes down to economics though - How many trophies do we have?.

TimSr
03-21-2005, 05:23 PM
1. Since we can run four at once, Top four for trophies. Final heat of 4 racers will all be trophy winners, placed according to that race.
2. correct - we will place some judges (with walkie talkies) at the end of the strip to determine finish order.
3. Run off number is not important. By that time, people should have a realistic idea if they have a shot of being in the top four, so we will ask only those who think they have a shot to run in the run offs. I dont expect more than about 10.
4. I dont think quads should be eligible for trophies since this IS Trikefest. They will, of course be welcome to run drags all evening with everybody else for fun, just not for trophies. If somebody has a qud they think is bad, and would like to challenge the trophy winners for fun after the runoff, Im all for it. Running Bikes against ATVs isnt even remotely comparable. If they want to play around like last year, thats fine, but no way do they compete for trophies, otherwise next year our 4 finalists in the Trikefest Drag Race runoff will be 4 bikes.

Wickedfinger
03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Since this is a three-wheeler jamboree, I would say have: 1) Open class fastest overall. 2) Open class fastest trike (if it isn't the same vehicle as 1). Then you can break it down further into groups. Like I said before, I would be interested in some "unusual" groups like : 90 - 125cc, 160 - 200cc Hardtail, 200 - 250cc Softtail Thumper. After that maybe a 200cc Blaster class, a 240 - 250cc Pinger open class, a 400 - 700cc lite mod or open class, a 400 - 800cc fastest Automatic open class. I wouldn't allow Dirtbikes of any kind to compete.

Howdy
03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I plan on having a camera at the end to determine who crosses the line first. Then if there is ANY dispute we can rewind the tape and settle it. The thing is this camera is probably going to be B/W.
Howdy

Derrick Adams
03-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Since this is a three-wheeler jamboree, I would say have: 1) Open class fastest overall. 2) Open class fastest trike (if it isn't the same vehicle as 1). Then you can break it down further into groups. Like I said before, I would be interested in some "unusual" groups like : 90 - 125cc, 160 - 200cc Hardtail, 200 - 250cc Softtail Thumper. After that maybe a 200cc Blaster class, a 240 - 250cc Pinger open class, a 400 - 700cc lite mod or open class, a 400 - 800cc fastest Automatic open class. I wouldn't allow Dirtbikes of any kind to compete.

WOW, that's way too many classes in my opinion. I thought it was more of a "Run what you brung" type thing. I really don't care to watch 125cc trikes race 800 ft when their maxed out in 100. Granted, their will be some there, but from watching last years video, not many. I think the standard "grudge races" would work fine, by the end of the night, we'll know who the fastest ones are to enter the "run-off".

erectordale
03-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Howdy if you want I have a cam corder we could use then also have tape in color. Let me know Dale

Wickedfinger
03-22-2005, 12:08 AM
WOW, that's way too many classes in my opinion. I thought it was more of a "Run what you brung" type thing. I really don't care to watch 125cc trikes race 800 ft when their maxed out in 100. Granted, their will be some there, but from watching last years video, not many. I think the standard "grudge races" would work fine, by the end of the night, we'll know who the fastest ones are to enter the "run-off".
300ft ....... thats your opinion I guess - I would find it interesting and fair too - not everybody has a high-performance machine you know. That was only a suggestion on classes really too. I'm starting to think trikes only now ........

Howdy
03-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Howdy if you want I have a cam corder we could use then also have tape in color. Let me know Dale

Bring it along!

I'm starting to think trikes only now ........
Thank God I removed one of the wheels on the 1/2 car. lmao
Howdy