PDA

View Full Version : Attention Z-400 Owners

Coty
03-21-2005, 10:42 PM
has anyone put an aftermarket exhaust on their z400? i have looked at a few just not sure what i want to put on it. here is a few i am interested in

White Bros.
Yoshimura
PulseCharger
DMC Alien
DG (bullit)

just not sure what i want, i am looking for some good power gains, and good powerfull sound, but not no loud obnoxious sound.

Coty
03-24-2005, 12:13 AM
come on. somebody has had to do something.

canadiandevil2
03-24-2005, 10:26 AM
I thinj those pulsechargers look pretty cool and ive read that they and alot of power but ive never seen one on a bike so mabie you should be the first to try it

Lomax
03-24-2005, 12:36 PM
If you dont want "too loud" then stay away from DMC. I had one on my Raptor, You could hear that thing coming a mile away without any problem at all! The Yoshi is a good pipe for a Z I've heard, but I think that its the highest.

Coty
03-24-2005, 11:48 PM
well i am not really turned away from loud..i just don't like the sound of something that doesn't have a good quality sound..for example, my dodge, all other dodge trucks sound the same cause they cut the muffler off, and just put a y pipe and say its dualed out. but mine on the other had is actually dualed out, it has 2 seperate pipes with 2 FLOWMASTER 40 series. and you can definetly tell a difference..but back to quads...my buddy has a White Bros. Pro Meg on his 400ex, its loud but at a good tone. so i guess what i am looking for is the FLOWMASTER of atv exhaust systems.

TRIKE
04-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Well I have an 03 z400. I personnally fell to the pipe shoot outs in magazines for my info when I decided on a pipe. There were 2 top contenders that were even but diffrent. CT pipes and Pro circuit. I chose the pro circuit pipe and would definately recommend it as a choice if not the ONLY choice. IT adds great performance throughout the power band and it sounds great.AS it breaks it the sound just gets better as well. I bought the head pipe and muffler and love it to death. The ct pipe is loud and doesnt make the power the way the PRO circuit does. But is highly recommended. JUst my 2 cents.GOOD LUCK CHOOSING!