PDA

View Full Version : ever had your bike stolen? get it back? tell us about it

200xkwit
03-23-2005, 04:41 PM
lets hear your sad stories

250RNUT
03-23-2005, 06:45 PM
I bought a 86 cr125 back in 88 when I was 18.I bought it for $650.00 at broome-tioga motocross track.I had taken my first loan out for 1500.00 for a bike and a full moto-x outfit,etc.(try buying a 2yr old 125 now for $650.00).About one week later it was stolen from my buddies barn.I was so friggen bummed I actually cried because I loved that bike,it was my baby.Well,one day at school(senior) another buddy comes up to me and says "I know who stole your bike". He was a ex-student who now lived with his mom about 100 miles away and comes back to town once in a while.One of his friends that was with him when it was stolen still went to my school and could not keep his mouth shut. I found a buddy of his that called him on the phone and told him if I get my bike back there will be no questions and I will tell the cops that it just showed up at my house again.Well wouldn't you know it a few days later I was leaving the house to go to school and there it was leaning up against the tree in my front yard.About a month later the guy who stole it had a 85 250r 3wheeler and wanted to know if I wanted to trade for my cr.I said yes and we traded thats how I fell in love with 250r's

Seabass
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Yep. About 15 yrs ago, me and my brother had an XL80 dirt bike. (had some great times on that little thing). I woke up one morning and wanted to go for a ride - go out to the barn and it's gone. "Hmmmm, I thought, why would the bro take it to work with him?". Never crossed my mind that it was stolen. So I call him at work, "No, I DO NOT HAVE IT!" - damn somebody ripped it off.
A couple days go by. We are outside and hear this motorbike back in our fields (not uncommon at that time - we let friends ride on our property). Joe swears that's our bike, "It sounds just like it, I swear!". I couldn't believe somebody would be that stupid to ride the bike on the property where he ripped it off. Later that day a neighbor calls up - "Just seen X on your bike!, he's heading towards the next rd. over!". So we hop in the car and take a cruise. Sure enough, there's this little bike riding in the field next to ours. - we take off after it. The guy knows it's us so he dumps and runs back to his house,( we watched the whole thing). We go to his house and threaten the POS with his life - it was great.
So we get home and call the cops. This is where it get's stupid. He says the only way they can press charges is if the neighbor who saw him on it will testify in court. It apparently doesn;t matter that me and the bro both saw him riding it and dumping it and running into his house. Our testimony would not be enough because we are the owners of the property -do you believe that!?!. Long story short, the neighbor was scared of repurcussions from the little theif (their whole family was/is a bunch of lowlifes - you know the type, we all live near'em), and would not testify. The thief get's off scot-free. Only in Canada. The bike never ran the same after that...

jeswinehart
03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
my neighbor had his kaw 250 trike stolen in 92 from his garage. about 4 months later he got a call from a friend of his that he'd seen his trike sitting behind a place that had sevral rental units in it. neighbor and i go over there and it was his stolen trike ! i wanted to just slowly load it up and see who was gonna be the first dummy to say something to us. but NOOO ,,, my buddy neighbor wants to call the police and do it right. he hosed himself so bad.
police impounded it ,,, he was able to get it released a couple of months later and paid a huge sum for towing + storage. oh yeah ,,, the police asked each and every person at the rental units if they knew anything about the trike. gee ,,, nobody knew anything - go figure.
another month at the shop to have new forks and stuff put on it ,,, he had alot of money into that trike. i rode it one time ,,, man it was a rocket !

i still wish we would have done the recovery my way but oh well.

john

twgranger
03-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Never had it happen to me and hope it never does.

chris200x
03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
I had my 91' Warrior stole from my garage. Good thing about it was the starting selenoid was shot. They did ripe out the ignition wires and try to push it down the hill. but to no avaail. hehehe just put a brand new gastank in it the night before!!! so the next day coming hom efrom work I see this quad sittin down on the bottom of the hill (my garage was at the top of the hill)I seen a quad sittin there and thought to myself. Gee...I got one just like that! So after I get home I put my riding gear on,walk around the block to the garage and wouldn't you know it my quad is missing. At least I was one of the lucky few that do get them back.

dizasterzrfun69
03-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Never happened to me either. If i keep increasing my collection of "toys" then i'm sure i will have people attempting to steal them though. If someone does or attempts to steal from me and i find out or catch them....well...."I Pitty The Fool". They will soon learn you dont mess with a heavily armed redneck :naughty:

chris200x
03-23-2005, 07:37 PM
It would be wiser if you would let the proper authorities handle that or you may be in bigger trouble than the thieves themselves. USE YOUR HEAD

mike from long island
03-23-2005, 07:44 PM
long story short a friend had his 86 250r stolen. he kept checking all the papers to see the classified ads. he went and looked at ever bike that matched his year. well of course the last bike he had to look at was his. he used a lawn mower blade for a headlight bracket and there it was. cops came bike was impounded and a few weeks later he got it back. the people that stole it actually came to his house to look at it to purchase it. that night came back and stole it. i dont know what happen to them but at least my buddy got his r back took over a year but he got it. myself i have been lucky

md1985250r
03-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Mine was stolen back in 85,when it was new.Actually it was my bro's at the time. I went to his house in Va for the weekend to ride,got there on friday night. Plan was to ride while he worked , so I got up in the morning after he left for work , went out back and the 185 was sitting there under the porch.But no 250r??? I said wtf....did he put it somewhere else? So after many phone calls to his work( he is a road mechanic for ALBAN TRACTOR), he finally calls me and says" its chained up with the 185". O shite its been stolen.
Not much to do at that point except call the cops and pray. Well a month or so later the idiots that had stolen it were toting it around in the back of their truck. Some sharp eyed police officer in Sterling Va spotted it and checked it out.
My bro went and picked it up a short time after that , forks were bent and the kicker was stripped a bit,other than that it was fine....I hate a thief.

On another note my buddy just had his raptor stolen like 3 weeks ago. He didnt even know it was gone. He was driving down the road and saw police cars surrounding an atv, as he drove by he said wtf..thats my bike!!!
He stopped and said thats my bike and they said this bike is stolen and you are not the owner...... :eek: Well after alot of talking he convinced the cops that he had bought this bike from someone a few years ago.They impounded it and it took him 3 weks and $2100 to get it back from the insurance co.....

dizasterzrfun69
03-23-2005, 08:48 PM
It would be wiser if you would let the proper authorities handle that or you may be in bigger trouble than the thieves themselves. USE YOUR HEAD

OK, look at some of these other posts though! 3 weeks and $2100 to get back something that someone stole from you? I DONT THINK SO! I'll be damned if some little worthless POS steals from me and I AM THE ONE GETTING SCREWED! Maybe someone needs to punish people for their actions since the "proper authorities" dont!!! I love how people can steal and just get a slap on the wrist! Maybe this is why people keep comitting crimes like they do. How about scott peterson or whatever, ok, he got the death penalty. Good. The only problem is that he is going to exhaust his appeals and it will take a good 10-20 years before they kill him. My point? America doesnt know how to punish people for their crimes and if they do, it takes too dam long. Instead of saying ok, he's guilty of murder, kill him. They have to say ok, he's guilty of murder, lets let him live another 10-20 years and spend tax dollars to keep him alive in prison.

I'm not saying i would actually shoot someone or kill someone for trying to steal from me. I'm just saying that after i shoot a few 3 inch brenneke magnums in their direction their pants would be wetter than a bus load of fat women on the way to see a ricky martin concert! If i see someone out on MY property attempting to steal what I WORKED FOR, then they will pay. If i dont catch them and beat them like a 4-year old in a kohls parking lot then i will at least scare them enough to make sure they dont even come close to me or my property again. Sorry but i have absolutely no respect for thieves, rapists, murderers, child molesters, wife beaters, or drunk drivers and i think someone needs to punish them rather than this ridiculous thing we call a judicial system.

I dont mean to start anything and i'm sorry if I offended anyone with this post. Just thought i'd give you my 2 cents :D

MTS
03-23-2005, 09:04 PM
OK, look at some of these other posts though! 3 weeks and $2100 to get back something that someone stole from you? I DONT THINK SO! I'll be damned if some little worthless POS steals from me and I AM THE ONE GETTING SCREWED! Maybe someone needs to punish people for their actions since the "proper authorities" dont!!! I love how people can steal and just get a slap on the wrist! Maybe this is why people keep comitting crimes like they do. How about scott peterson or whatever, ok, he got the death penalty. Good. The only problem is that he is going to exhaust his appeals and it will take a good 10-20 years before they kill him. My point? America doesnt know how to punish people for their crimes and if they do, it takes too dam long. Instead of saying ok, he's guilty of murder, kill him. They have to say ok, he's guilty of murder, lets let him live another 10-20 years and spend tax dollars to keep him alive in prison.

I'm not saying i would actually shoot someone or kill someone for trying to steal from me. I'm just saying that after i shoot a few 3 inch brenneke magnums in their direction their pants would be wetter than a bus load of fat women on the way to see a ricky martin concert! If i see someone out on MY property attempting to steal what I WORKED FOR, then they will pay. If i dont catch them and beat them like a 4-year old in a kohls parking lot then i will at least scare them enough to make sure they dont even come close to me or my property again. Sorry but i have absolutely no respect for thieves, rapists, murderers, child molesters, wife beaters, or drunk drivers and i think someone needs to punish them rather than this ridiculous thing we call a judicial system.

I dont mean to start anything and i'm sorry if I offended anyone with this post. Just thought i'd give you my 2 cents :D
i couldnt agree with you more :D :beer

jeswinehart
03-23-2005, 09:50 PM

i respect your reply ,,, but totally disagree with it.

john

okieRrider
03-23-2005, 11:39 PM
My cousin had his 400ex and his wifes 300ex stolen out there backyard about 3 months ago. My cousin was bummed as hell and was finally gettin over it when he went to lunch one day and seen a 300ex chained to a light pole across the highway from his work, so he goes and checks it out. He looks at the vin # and walla its a match to his wifes 300ex so he calls the cops and goes across the street and waits for them to get there. When the cops show up the ask him to call the number and have the guy that was selling it come out so he could start it and what not. When he showed up to his suprise there was 4 cop cars screechin to halt and all the questions begin. He said he bought it out the back of a truck from another guy in a close town cheap and bought to sell. Well none of 5 different stories matched up from the guy is what the police report said, but I don't know exactly what happened other than he got the 300ex back that day and the following week it was in the shop getting a new topend and new plastics courtesy of the insurance company. Now she is riding a practically new 300ex and about two weeks later they busted a major atv theft ring near tulsa oklahoma with a huge warehouse full of all kinds of atvs...They never found the 400ex but the insurance paid off on it and he has a newer one now...Chris

3 weelin geezer
03-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Yep. It apparently doesn't matter that me and the bro both saw him riding it and dumping it and running into his house. Our testimony would not be enough because we are the owners of the property -do you believe that!?!. Long story short, the neighbor was scared of repurcussions from the little theif (their whole family was/is a bunch of lowlifes - you know the type, we all live near'em), and would not testify. The thief get's off scot-free. Only in Canada. The bike never ran the same after that...

Thats where a camera comes in handy. Especially if you sneak up to him and get a closup shot and don't forget the handy dated newspaper nearby. Can't get out of that one even if he claims to be jesus christ. I would agree that it would never run the same either.

Meat-BoX
03-24-2005, 12:54 PM
You traded with the kid that Stole your bike? I hope your 250 R isnt stolen.

I had a Dirtbike stolen from me when I was like 17, It was a kid I knew I had found out form other kids I knew. I got 3 of my friends and went to his house, he wasnt there but I saw it in the Garage. We chilled out for a few hours and came back. He was home, he came to the door We dragged him outside and Started beating his ass when he wouldnt admit that my bike was in his Garage. His Mom and Dad came out while we were Stomping his ass and said they called the Cops. We stopped and said cool because my Stolen bike was in their Garage. His Dad freaked, Starting to yell and Slap his kid for lying to him about how he got the bike. His Dad let us Get my bike and we were on our way. The Cops never showed up at my house so I guess his Dad covered it up. About 6 months later the kid came up to me with like 20 kids and I was PLAYING hACKY sACK WITH 3 OF MY FRIENDS. He started pushing me saying he was gonna beat my ass now that he had his Crew with him. I was scared as hell, but when he pushed me in my face, I punched him in the Mouth Knocking him out and putting his braces through his lips, and knocking out some of his teeth. I stomped him a few times and ran inside and called the Cops. About a year after that he pulled a knife on me and my friend Blindsided him and knocked him out, so we Jolly Stomped his ass again. After that I knever saw Him again. Im not bragging just telling the story about what happened to me and the scumbag who stole my bike. Sorry if this Pisses someone off.

3 weelin geezer
03-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Damn! its like a tootsie pop commercial. How many licks does it take to get to the center? I would be quite embarassed to get stomped on in front of a crew. Ya should of taken a picture & sent it to his girl of him on the ground and the crew just standing around. Thats like S n M without the S part. I guess his dad finally found out why he kept coming home looking like a boxer after 20 rds. eh?

Wickedfinger
03-24-2005, 06:35 PM
I've had two stolen (1982 ATC250R and 1981 ATC70), one I got back (the 70) - the other one, my hearts still broken. The ATC70 I'm restoring now was stolen from me in the middle of winter from the old garage at my old rented house. The garage was ship-lapped Clabbored sided and "Very" old. The thieves kicked in the siding in the rear and pushed the 70, along with one of my air-cooled ATC250R motors, out the back. They were after my '90 LT250R, but they couldn't get it out because of the way the roof came down (thank God). Anyway, the felons took it up, through the snow and onto the Canal path behind my house and promptly rolled the R motor off the seat and right through the ice, into the depths of the canal (I recovered it later but it was a total loss). I had drained most of the oil out of the little 70 because it was being stored, waiting for a restoration but the thieves before they left, filled the tank up with my gas, and started her up after they were a little ways down the path. They got about a 1/2 mile away from my house before they threw the rod out of the bottom of the engine case. I almost didn't find it - I followed the knobby trail through the snow, to the point where they started it - but - because of other tracks and cross-country skiiers, it was really hard to follow. I followed the path south for a while, but eventually gave up and headed back for home. On my way back I just happened to look to my right - and a small patch of knobby caught my eye, heading off into the brush next to an ancient train tressle that towers over the canal. I followed the path for a few feet then noticed a patch of red up the side of the tressle, a few hundred feet away. I found the trike, but she was in sad shape - the gas tank was missing, the motor destroyed, all the tires were flattened and to top it off, I have no doubt when they blew it up, they were aiming to take it way up the tressle, and drop it 100' off it, into the canal for kicks. The '82 R, I never recovered - if anyone sees a fully restored one with a one of a kind later model black, 250R hi-flite seat (longer than the stock one), DG exhaust, Blue rims all around with original Gateway Wooleys on the rears, Works rear shock and with full Maier Plastics in the the Pa/NJ area - its mine ..... and I own ALOT of guns.
the people that stole it actually came to his house to look at it to purchase it. that night came back and stole it. ... that is precisely the reason why I will not show a bike for sale where I store them.

ATC-Eric
03-29-2005, 12:31 AM
I had a pair of honda 250ex's (both 2004 models) and a brand new trailor. we couldnt keep them at or current residence anymore so i found a storage place to keep them. came back a week later and they were gone :mad: luckily i had insurance :) now i own a warrior (along with the trikes)

russell56443
09-26-2008, 10:50 PM
LOL,I love these stories!!!!
All that I ever had stolen was a Puch Moped(The cool one that looked like a little motorcycle).
I was 15 and there was a real religious family in the neighborhood and one of the kid's came by when me and a couple of my friends were hanging out in the shop in my backyard.
That night he and another kid came back and swiped the moped.
I called the cop's and made a report then a couple of days later my friend who owned the Bike/Moped shop called me and say's the other kid brought it in to be repaired?????
There was only one shop in town and this was in like 1980 when they were real popular,I still cant belive the kid was that stupid????
Anyway,he got busted and I got the Moped back without any problems(Some People:rolleyes: )

Dammit!
09-27-2008, 08:29 AM
the people that stole it actually came to his house to look at it to purchase it. that night came back and stole it.

That's a really common tactic for everybody to be aware of.

Lock your trikes up guys. Some of these alarms (http://www.xenasecurity.com/home/productoverview/) would be a good investment if you feel your machines are at risk. My trikes are in a locked garage but I still chain them up anyway.

brapp
09-27-2008, 09:51 AM
i ran a snowmobile out of gas at my grandparents when i was 10 year sold it was a 79 arctic cat jag 340 and by the time i walked the 200 yards to the house and grabbed the mixed gas can and started walkign back dwn i just seen a 2 tone brown ford drivign away from abotu 200 ards away. that broke my heart caus ethis was my dads sled and he passed away the winter before.

then i had my 05 450r for abotu 2-3 months and o took it to my moms house sinc eit was closer to where i was workng cause i was gonan rac eit on saturday but i came hoem thursday and it was gone out of the garage my cousins boyfriend car was sitting at the local u haul and he called in sick to work that morning i put 1 and 2 together and called his sister who lives 3 hours away and hsi sister said yeah he is up her ein a u haul truck. so i called up my brother in law and sister and told them to look up craig fitzgerald in the phne book and they went to nis dads house( where he stays when he come sup) and shur eenough ther ewas 4 wheeler tracksallover the dirt road and his dad said he just leftto head back downstate and told his dad there was a stolen 4wheelerinvolved and shur eenough his dad opened the garage and didnt even have to open the door 2 feet for my bro in law to say thats it
the realtors and number plate was a dead give away! it got loaded up and taken to my sisters house and i got a hone call back and then i went off hooked a chain to his car drug it the 5 or so miles down the road back to the house swung it into every guard rail and curb i could get close to and then proceeded to shash the car with a 4 foot pipe wrench. so when he returned gthe u haul he couldnt find his car so he came home and found his cR absolutly destroyed. so he pressed charges for me mashign his car and it went to court so i called his dad as a witness( who was disgusted with his kid at this point) he testified and the police even had a warrant to search his car for the key to my 450 and they found a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* load of pot and pills in his car so he went away for a while