PDA

View Full Version : Crashes

Yamaha_Rules69
01-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Have any of you ever had any bad crashes on your three wheelers? I had one today. It wasnt really bad, but a buddy of mine was riding with me, and we were riding on a frozen creek. We were going up this hill, and all of a sudden the front end went up in the air. It was a steep hill, and we had to bail off the yamaha ytm 200, because it fliped over backwards and fell down the hill. Im suprised we didnt get hurt, and im really suprised my three wheeler still runs. The only things that got broke were the choke lever nut (which was plastic) and the handle bars got slightly bent down. These trikes can really take a beating. We shouldnt have been riding double, and thats probly the reason it happened. Im interested in hearing about other peoples crashes as well. Please post an ad here. Thanx

djcheez
01-26-2003, 01:36 AM
my worst crash on a bike was at the dunes during a nite ride. i was racing a guy on the flats and we were coming up to a small hill. we were prolly going 30 35 mph. he let off but i kept going figuring i would go right up the hill. well just as i got to th ebase of the hill, there was a small dip. my front tire basically dropped down and stuck and you know the laws of physics. the bike flipped forward and sent me flying over the handlebars. i did a face plant in the sand about 40 feet up the hill. luckily i was wearing a helmet and my bike was just fine

freaksfix
01-26-2003, 12:21 PM
I was at my buddy house for a woods party (my B-day party) went for a quick ride up the main trail on a 86 250R, 4th gaer pinned come up to the last turn and the headligh went out, I hit a tree head on with no helmet :shock: . Damage report 4 fractures in my face a blackeye, busted light, fender and bent fork tube.

Another time I was jumping a 350X up a 3 foot straight up and down hill, I almost fall off. Went back to the house and my buddy was there I tell him about almost dumping it, and like a dumb ass I say "come on i'll show ya" I hit the jump again, my left leg slips off gets pulled under the tire and the foot peg inplants itself in the back of my knee. It was a good 2 inches deep and 3inches long.

Yamaha_Rules69
01-26-2003, 02:16 PM
Ouch, those both sounded like they hurt.

ATC crazy
01-26-2003, 03:34 PM
The worst wreck I had with my 3wheeler was about 2 years ago during winter. The bottom 20' of my driveway was covered in a good 3" of ice. I thought "what a good place to do some 180's" Well I was going about 4th gear, and slamming on the rear brakes when I got to the beginning of the ice and I guess I did it too late because I just slid sideways and when the ice ended, I dug in and went over. It popped the tire off the bead, and I got a pretty skinned-up shoulder out of it. It wasn't much but I didnt do it again that day.

ATCnut
01-26-2003, 04:07 PM
I have not done this personally, but I have seen the classic hit the gate post crash a couple of times.

This is where someone is hauling ass down a road on pavement and wants to turn into a gate in a fence on the side of the road. As we have all experenced, you really have to crank on the bars to turn a solid axle trike on pavement. When the trike leaves the road onto the gravel shoulder, the trike starts to turn much sharper. The rider corrrects to keep from flipping, and WHAM, runs right into the gate post.

Don't try this at home, the outcome is painfull.

ATC crazy
01-26-2003, 04:14 PM
I've done that, only on a 4wheeler. As soon as the front wheels hit the gravel, the rear wheels just kept pushin, and them WHAM. It wasn't that fast though (3rd)

Wickedfinger
01-26-2003, 06:07 PM
..... One time I was heading up a hillclimb on my '96 Sport 400L and for some reason I thought I could do it with a zero run up (meaning from the foot of the hill). I was having one of those perfect days of riding where you think you are invinceable so I decided to try it. The whole way up I was a hair away from looping out but somehow I kept it going .... untill the very top. My left front tire hit a rock at the crest of the hill and that did me in. I ejected off the quad rearward and started summersaulting backwards untill I ended up in some briars. I had just enough time to open my eyes to see my 500LB quad heading straight for me. The handlebar ended up spearing me right in the middle of my chest protector , knocking the wind out of me and snapping it in half. Thank God I was wearing it - I'd hate to think what would have happened if I wasn't.

350Xrider
01-26-2003, 06:24 PM
The worst one I have had happened in March of 2002. I had just left the house and their is a big hill right beside of the over pass for Interstate 64, I stopped at the bottom and was examining it for a minute, and there was a pretty deepditch at the bottom and some guy had his truck parked close to so I couldn't get a run at it, but stupid ole me decides to hit it anyway, I got to the very top break traction a little bit, then it gained it and by that time my feet were off the pegs so I couldn't get away to good, I managed to get all but my left foot away from the bike and that was odd, because the bike fell to my right side. The ole 350X came crashing down on just my left foot, I didn't know what happened at first, so I scooted around on my ass and watched down the hill as my 350 went flipping down the hill bouncing 8-10 feet in the air it did a total of 18 flips. I then tried to stand up which was not good, my foot just buckled under me and I scooted down the hill on my ass finally got the bike turned over and rode back to the house. I managed to snap my three middle toes completely in half, this put me on crutches for about three months not to mention the surgery I had to have they put in 3 metal plates and 15 screws to hold it together. If there was onlya way to scan X-rays. Long story short it sucked ass.lol

Jonathan
01-26-2003, 10:56 PM
If there was onlya way to scan X-rays.
There is and I'll post mine.

My wreck also happened in March of 02. I was changing the axle bearings on my 200x. I finished and decided to test it out. rode downmy driveway and then blasted back up it only to find that my brakes went out. I went right out the back of my driveway and hit a ditch/fence (I'm not sure if it was the ditch or the fence on the other side of it that I hit) at about 20 mph. The impact cause a compression fracture of my left arm. I did manage to get in an arguement in the ER over whether or not 3-wheelers were super dangerous or not with the guy that got my insurance info and asked wher it hurt and all that crap. I'm posting a scan of my x-ray, too.

I've hit numerous things on my TRX 125 do to the lack of brakes (trees, fenceposts, 84 ATC 110, fences, same ditch I hit on the 200x, etc.). I've also flipped the 125 over backwards twice, once the ramps fell off my truck in my driveway, the other time I rode it up a tree showing off.

Yamaha_Rules69
01-27-2003, 01:23 AM
I was at my friends house last year and he jumping his ditch on a 1997 Honda XR 70R dirtbike. He would start from his house and get as much speed as he could and then jump the ditch onto the road. Well, we would look to see if there were any cars every time. Then it was my turn. I didnt see any cars coming, so i went for it. As soon as i landed on the road, i looked to my right and i see a car slam on their brakes. They came about 5 feet from hitting me going 60 mph in their SUV. I almost died that day, and i'll never forget it. I didnt get hurt at all, which shows us we all have a guardian angel. (his bike got a little scuffed up, because i went into a side skid, wiping out in the process) i thanked god for still being alive.

yamaha225dx
01-27-2003, 11:35 PM
My worst accident was when I was 12. I was riding down the hill by our house and hit loose gravel. All I can remember was that I didn't want to hit the barbed wire fence. I ended up hitting a tree and woke up a couple times on the way to the hospital. I broke the femur in my right leg. That sucked I was on crutched for 7 months. After I got the cast off I was back on it again. It seemed to like to hurt the right side of my body. I was riding probably a year later and rolled the trike and got grass stains down my whole right side and none whatsoever on my left side.