PDA

View Full Version : any fisherman on here

hedge1988
03-23-2005, 06:26 PM
well spring has sprung and it getting to be fishing time agian any fisherman on here and what do ya lke to fish for myself crappie,catfish, bass, stripers, and bluegill. :cool:

chris200x
03-23-2005, 06:38 PM
I fish as much as humanly possible. The river I fish is usually low enough by the end of march. I love going for catfish and monster carp early in the year. Last spring we caught 4 carp over 40 pounds in one night of fishing. I try and stay away from the lakes during trout season...To many people. Then there comes bass season...well bass is open year round but in june you can start keeping some. I throw everything back because I do not like to eat fish. But if it is a trophy well then its commin home with me. It would be safe to say if i'm not fishin i'm not happy!!!

BIGCRIP28
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
When im not hunting, im fishing. I fish for bass mostly but also sac-a-lait (crappie for you northern boys), bream (bluegill), catfish, barfish (white bass), stripers, and bowfin (choupique, cypress trout, grennel). During the summer i also get after the frogs. The fishing should be gettin hot soon with the water on the fall.

foster
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM
I love to fish. I fish as much and as often as I can.
I fish for everything, especially trout and Atlantic salmon (see photos) because I LOVE to eat them, though I release all my salmon for conservation reasons. They're getting pretty rare.
I also fish bass a lot. After that, I just plain fish for whatever, whenever. Love it. Can't get enough. Got me a li'l tin boat made out of that cheap, thin metal that they use to build tractor trailers out of (the trailers, that is) and it seems to work, though you will get wet feet in my boat. Got a little 4.5 Mercury outboard to push it along. It gets the job done, as long as you're not in a hurry.
Season starts up here on April 15th. My boss knows better than to look for me at my desk on April 15th.
:D
P.S. Don't make fun of my puffy hat. It's where I keep my flies when fly fishing. ;)

brapp
03-24-2005, 02:03 AM
hey chriss200x when do you want to hook up and go out for some carp! and other fishin, i love fishinin th epoconos and love pickrel and bass but carp are the funnest! if you wanan go out fishin sometime call me, i'llpm * my number.

K1500
03-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Love to fish. I fish for bass, crappie, and bluegill.

chris200x
03-24-2005, 11:05 AM
This is a pic from me from two years ago. Off shore fishing for bluefish out of
Sheepshead bay in NYC. I always carry one of those little disposable camera's with my taklebag. I have about 3 full ones waiting to get exposed sittin around the house somewhere. :beer

3 weelin geezer
03-24-2005, 11:09 AM
There isn't many fish where I go. Maybe just tadpoles sometimes. Thats why I took up 3 weelin. The Rio Grande is not much Grande around these parts. There really is not much choice of whether to roe vs wade. You will be lucky to get mud on the bottom of your shoes. If that is mud in there but there are plenty of hungry bugs flying around.

hedge1988
03-24-2005, 06:08 PM
good to see so many sportsmen on here!!!!!!!

chris200x
03-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Just searchin through some old photos after reading this post I came across the one. This is a 38 lb. King salmon I caught at the Salmon River in upstate Ny. Sorry for the poor quality but i was only 12 when I caught this fish...I'm now 32

Oh by the way that is my father in the picture holding the fish. If I remember we each caught 4 that day and relesed alot more....Good times.

foster
03-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Ha ha! Chris man that fish weighs more than you did!

chris200x
03-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Yea me and my father havin been going up the the salmon river in oswego NY for about 20 years now. I'm up there every fall since. It is some beautiful country up there and would move there in a heartbead. If I recall correctly that fish in the picture took ove 2 hours to land and drug our 14 ft aluminum bout up and down the river most of the day! I can't wait to go again. Real good fishin all over the state. I'm jonsing now just thinking about it.

brapp
03-24-2005, 11:26 PM
lol ever go for carp with a float tube or kyak
lol

chris200x
03-24-2005, 11:31 PM
I use a float tube down the Sesquehanna River in late july into august when the water is real low that is my favorite