PDA

View Full Version : atv part may be coming to long island

mike from long island
03-23-2005, 07:32 PM
all three areas us eastern long island riders use to ride on have been turned into park land! there is no legal riding area here on the island so hopefully this passes for the next generation. check it out

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14195448&BRD=1776&PAG=461&dept_id=6365&rfi=6

YAMAHA_Jim
03-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Good article Mike.I hope you guys get someplace to ride down there, and I hope its more than 50 acres.50 sounds like alot but when it gets all trailed out it doesnt take long to cover the whole thing on an atv.
What stinks is that there's always someone worried about the animals and the trees.1 atv park isnt gonna wipe out an entire species of turtles,snakes or whatever. I wonder if the gov't knows how many animals are struck by cars every day,,,,by jeez they outta shut all the roads down.
I'm not sure what the laws are down on the island, but if they included a MX track in the park and had sanctioned races,it would draw more people and money to that area on a regular basis. I know theres alot of guys in District 34(AMA)that travel up here from the island every weekend to race MX. Long Island is in district 34 but there arent any tracks down there.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.