PDA

View Full Version : By boy’s first ride! This act of bad parenting got the law called on me.

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 07:12 PM
This is my perfect three month old baby boy going for his first ATV ride. :D He already owns two Tri Zingers and a YT 125 for when he gets older. :p This act of pride and ”bad parenting” caused some dip **** to call the law on me. :mad: Oh well, he is my son and I did nothing to endanger him I will continue to take him for rides. :p Even after hearing the dangerous anti ATV speech I received from the deputy that was called out. :rolleyes:

hedge1988
03-24-2005, 07:18 PM
man the way I see it its your kid so it should be your rules to hell with what others think they should mind thier businessI let my 8yr oll ride my 200m by him self with me watching. that kind of stuff just ticks me off

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 07:27 PM
RODGER THAT! I am sick of people telling me how and what to do with my son. He liked it and I will not stop. We have a better chance of an air plane falling on us then we have of a wreck. :mad:

twgranger
03-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Not to be a dink but i don't think i would have the balls to do that specially in the street. You cant trust very many drivers now days and with the baby being so young. But that is just me. :p

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Not to be a dink but i don't think i would have the balls to do that specially in the street. You cant trust very many drivers now days and with the baby being so young. But that is just me. :p

If you could see how our street is layed out, you would see there is very little chance of danger from other drivers. Yes, even the stupid ones that should not be driving at all. :rolleyes:

hedge1988
03-24-2005, 07:41 PM
if its like where I live its 20mph speed limit residential area and we don't like speeders round this neighborhood lots of kids here. My kids are allowed to ride on the street in front of my house with supervision and the law doesnt bother us and 99.9% of the drivers are slow and careful the others get yelled at.

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 07:44 PM
My streets are similar. It would be difficult to explain. But I saw no danger, besides for being so young you should see the way he reacts to ATZ's. Especialy trikes. I am not just blowing smoke becaues he is my son. I am serious, he can already reconize them. He loves them, it is so cool. :D

twgranger
03-24-2005, 07:45 PM
if its like where I live its 20mph speed limit residential area and we don't like speeders round this neighborhood lots of kids here. My kids are allowed to ride on the street in front of my house with supervision and the law doesnt bother us and 99.9% of the drivers are slow and careful the others get yelled at.Around here we have all these young drivers speeding around in their little ricer cars with the fart cans thinking they are fast or something :rolleyes: . If they had a brain they would play with it.

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I hate those turds. I can not remeber ever being like that when I was younger. What is with these dumb ass kids now a days? :rolleyes:

Trikeaholic
03-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Well. I have pics of my son, (now 5) on our old YT125 the first summer of his life, he was born in November, so Im guessing that he was 6 months old when we started riding. He was riding his zinger by himself at 3 1/2. Sure I did some small wheelies, and got him to scream at times, but I felt, either rightfully or not, that I was in complete control. Looking back I feel there was never any danger at any time. Last summer, I took my little girl out riding at about the same age, she loves it!

Edit, my kids first rides were on 3 wheels! not some stinkin golf cart. Bad parenting?? Oh yea, now I see what you were saying! LOL

hedge1988
03-24-2005, 07:48 PM
its amazing what flagging them down and chewing there butt will do. Most of thime they will slow down next time they go by.

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Well. I have pics of my son, (now 5) on our old YT125 the first summer of his life, he was born in November, so Im guessing that he was 6 months old when we started riding. He was riding his zinger by himself at 3 1/2. Sure I did some small wheelies, and got him to scream at times, but I felt, either rightfully or not, that I was in complete control. Looking back I feel there was never any danger at any time. Last summer, I took my little girl out riding at about the same age, she loves it!

Isn't it great when they get excited and make cool baby noises when you take them for rides? :D

Tri-ZNate
03-24-2005, 08:10 PM
I think that is awesome that everyone it seems is getting their kids involved in ATVs of all sorts at a young age. My earliest memories are of me sitting on my dad's 230s quadsport's gas tank holding onto the center bar while he drove through feilds. I loved it then and Its awesome now. I figure that those of us that were introduced at an early age will either be very safe riders, Crazy ass holes on wheels, or a combo of both.

Ride Smart, Ride Safe, and remember DONT EAT YOUR FRIEND'S DUST :TrikesOwn

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I think I agree with what you are trying to say. :wondering

350xsx
03-24-2005, 08:48 PM
i think thats retarded, i know a kid whos 4 now and rides an lt50, jumps it and does no footers.....well we made him stop that cuz he was gettin too crazy, he started ridin when he was 2, and has an atc70 now too......i always used to take him for rides when he was less then a year old....he loved it, no reason for anyone to call the cops..... and a couple times people where doin like 90-95 down the road when he was outside ridin, and the kids dad just ran to the truck chases the people down and yell at em, even if they do live on a couple hundred acres, if he does somethin and ends up close to the street...... at least if there doin the speed limit they would be able to turn into the field or somethin, ya know..........

I agree, its your own kid, your own responsibnility, your own problem(ven tho its no problem)

350xsx
03-24-2005, 08:50 PM
oh and by the way, Nice Ford :beer , that yours?(the dually)

chris200x
03-24-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with this whole situation. Who in there right mind will put an infant on a sprt atv and ride it up and down a public road. USE YOUR HEAD MAN!!! All it takes is a fraction of a second for something to go wrong. It would be a diffrent story if you were in somone's yard AWAY from any potentia traffic. If I would of seem this I too would of phoned authorities. first for riding antv on a public road which is illegal, Second, not wearing a helmet. When I seen them pictures it reminded me of when micheal Jackson held his baby over that balcony in Germany. What you did is call child endangerment. Come on man use your head!

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 09:08 PM
oh and by the way, Nice Ford :beer , that yours?(the dually)

Yep. that is my Powerstroke. :D

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with this whole situation. Who in there right mind will put an infant on a sprt atv and ride it up and down a public road. USE YOUR HEAD MAN!!! All it takes is a fraction of a second for something to go wrong. It would be a diffrent story if you were in somone's yard AWAY from any potentia traffic. If I would of seem this I too would of phoned authorities. first for riding antv on a public road which is illegal, Second, not wearing a helmet. When I seen them pictures it reminded me of when micheal Jackson held his baby over that balcony in Germany. What you did is call child endangerment. Come on man use your head!

I in no way agree with that. I kept it in first gear and saw no dangers. Again, if you saw my street you would understand. Also, there are too many dangers out there that can hit you when you are not doing anyhting dangerous. We could get hit by a semi on our way to the baby sitter. You never know what may pop up. So why fear fear? just live and and enjoy what you can when you can. We are all going to die one way or another, so I will not live lying down and I will not live with what if. And God willing neither will my son.

chris200x
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm not saying that doing stupid things is alright, hell everone does stupid things from time to time what I don't understand is why involve an infint that doesn't know any better anyway.(you should know better) That in my mind was the wrong thing to do that's all I would never take an infant on any atv on any street any time

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm not saying that doing stupid things is alright, hell everone does stupid things from time to time what I don't understand is why involve an infint that doesn't know any better anyway.(you should know better) That in my mind was the wrong thing to do that's all I would never take an infant on any atv on any street any time

Like I said before. We were in more danger of an air plane falling on us than something esle happening. I chose my Warrior because I can idle it real slow. none of the other ATV's I had running at the time was capable of that. Plus, I had the encouragement of his mother the whole time. Trust me, I took many precautions to keep him safe.

1984kxtTECATE
03-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I live down a private driveway so the cops dont bother me one bit.

chris200x
03-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm not tying to make any enemies on the wonderful board. I just think what you did was dumb and dagerous. You should of expected a little negativity from someone one these boards and not all praise.

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 09:40 PM
I live down a private driveway so the cops dont bother me one bit.

Must be nice. :p

Maine_Triker
03-24-2005, 09:41 PM
What a great parent you are! :D He looks like he had a great time!

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 09:43 PM
What a great parent you are! :D He looks like he had a great time!

He did. He fell asleep half way through it.

OldSchoolin86
03-24-2005, 09:57 PM
I'd never call the cops on ya. As a parent it's up to you to make those choices but I'd never do that with my kid.

Billy Golightly
03-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Heres my dad and I on the original Big Red 200 that I later learned to ride on (Still have it..but its in poor shape. One of these days I'm going to restore it to like brand new.)

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Heres my dad and I on the original Big Red 200 that I later learned to ride on (Still have it..but its in poor shape. One of these days I'm going to restore it to like brand new.)

Now how cute is that? ;)

LonesomeTriZ
03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Thank you old scoolin. I see no problem with it if it were in a field or backyard, not down a paved street.

A paved street is a bit more predictable that an uneven field.

OldSchoolin86
03-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Thank you old scoolin. I see no problem with it if it were in a field or backyard, not down a paved street.That's just it, I'm not saying anybody was out of line I'm just saying I'd do it differently. Your right, the backyard or a field is different. I'd tool around that backyard a little but the backyard is a lot more forgiving in an unfortunate event and it eliminates certian variables.

OldSchoolin86
03-24-2005, 10:17 PM
A paved street is a bit more predictable that an uneven field.I don't think he was talking about finding some rough terrain. I think he was talking about an area that has been well scouted and more known.

Dirtcrasher
03-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Screw predictable - your all nuts, how many times have you been going 2 miles an hour and SOMETHING happened?? Never had a throttle stick? or jammed the brake by accident?? It's your kid but just one teenie tiny mistake and that few pound child could be hurt very badly. Needs a helmet and if someone is too small for a helmet then they shouldn't be on a gas powered ATV. My .02 c

chris200x
03-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Screw predictable - your all nuts, how many times have you been going 2 miles an hour and SOMETHING happened?? Never had a throttle stick? or jammed the brake by accident?? It's your kid but just one teenie tiny mistake and that few pound child could be hurt very badly. Needs a helmet and if someone is too small for a helmet then they shouldn't be on a gas powered ATV. My .02 c

MY point exactly!!! People need to use there heads. Not to snap a pic or two to become famous it aint worth it!!! It's not in dads hands, the guy flying down the street in a car his hands your taking your childs life in GODS hands.which in my opinion is TOTALYY unnecassery!

markdb420
03-25-2005, 09:05 AM
I ride my 2 girls ( 5 and 2) and my son (9 months) around on either my 400ex or my Kawasaki Bayou. Hell I ride both the girls around on the bayou. If the law had showed up around here, I would've and have told them to get off my property. They totally freak out if you ride on the roads here, but I own 8 acres and have access to ride another 70 or so adjoining my property. Its your kid, just be careful, I know I am, and I'll bet you are, so no big deal. Next time find out who called the law and go give them a piece of your mind.

LonesomeTriZ
03-25-2005, 10:57 AM
I ride my 2 girls ( 5 and 2) and my son (9 months) around on either my 400ex or my Kawasaki Bayou. Hell I ride both the girls around on the bayou. If the law had showed up around here, I would've and have told them to get off my property. They totally freak out if you ride on the roads here, but I own 8 acres and have access to ride another 70 or so adjoining my property. Its your kid, just be careful, I know I am, and I'll bet you are, so no big deal. Next time find out who called the law and go give them a piece of your mind.

Thank you for summing that up. That is all it comes down to. I was not doing wheel stands or dodging traffic. The sgort ride was safe and he enjoyed it. And that is all that matters.

350xsx
03-25-2005, 04:09 PM
damn you people are harsh, you should be slapped, its his kid, his life, his enjoyment, let him do what he wants, lets see did anyone get hurt there? NO, will they ever in tht sitution? probly not, some of you are goin too far with this in my mind....i dont see endangermant, idling speeds, barely any to no traffic road, vrey low speed limit, look at the variable in this situation, will ya...

Nice again n the truck, im lookin for the same exact truck, 94-97 4 door powerstroke dually .....its even nicer now that i know its a diesel....and upwards of 94...is it lifted a couple inches too, it has a nice stance

TimSr
03-25-2005, 04:35 PM
You can't accurrately judge a situation from still photos, but when you post them, you have to keep that in mind, and what they are going to look like to the casual viewer. Im sure you felt you had the situation well under control, and felt you were being safe, but when I view the photos I see a baby thats not old enough to hold himself upright, let alone hold on to a quad. I see you holding him with one hand. Thats all fine, but the first question I ask myself is what do you do with the baby when pull the clutch to take off? How fast does a quad need to be traveling for a baby to be seriously injured by dropping 3 feet and landing on pavement? Im not condemning your actions or anything, as TimJr was 6 months when he got his first ride around the back yard. What I am saying is that the photos dont look good even to someone like me who knows where you are coming from, and when you post them, you can expect to get some of the responses you got. You have to understand that a lot of anti-ATV groups would love to have those very pictures you posted on their websites because it invokes the kind of reaction that is a lot more favorable to them than it is to us. Its great to familiarize your child with ATVs early, but please be careful how you present it to the public. I grit my teeth when I saw them. These are the kinds of pictures the CPSC likes to work with to pass more restrictive laws.

Lomax
03-25-2005, 04:51 PM
When I was little, i can remember vauge images of my dad taking me for rides on his 200X (prolly where my love of ATC's started lol). Anyhow, I could reach just far enough to hit the gas on it, so he would always let me give it throttle while he drove, I always was trying to push it as far as it would go and usually succeded. We would go up and down the road all the time. Clearly I wasnt as young as Lonesome's boy though
However, My neice is 14 months (i think) and my nephew is 8 months and I take them for strolls on the quad, they love it, I dont go very fast but its still about the same difference as the situation at hand. There parents trust me and know that I treat them as if they were my own and I do. As long as its kept safe and SLOW, I dont see much harm in it. my .02.

samster143
03-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Do what you want!! If my neighbor called the law on me for that....he will live to regret it. Has anyone ever heard of Darwin? Survival of the fittest??? that means the weak and stupid morons will eventually die off. I am not calling anyone dumb here but if your kid got hurt.....? What would you say? Ever wonder why there are so many idiots out there? Lets just help keep them around so we can take of them, pay for them, etc. I am sure someone will have something to say to the conturary, but nature already has it set up for us......but I guess we are smarter than nature. or so some think.

350xsx
03-25-2005, 10:20 PM
yah i forgot bout that, if my neighbor called the cops on me there life would be a living hell......even more than it is now....cuz theyve already called the cops on me for riding, legally, like 3 times, thats why our tractor has straight pipes, we have 18 speakers/subs in our house, and all of our bikes,trikes,and automobiles are loud, because its all legal, and they can try but they cant succeed....it really pisses em off and i enjoy every minute of it....

LonesomeTriZ
03-26-2005, 09:46 AM
yah i forgot bout that, if my neighbor called the cops on me there life would be a living hell......even more than it is now....cuz theyve already called the cops on me for riding, legally, like 3 times, thats why our tractor has straight pipes, we have 18 speakers/subs in our house, and all of our bikes,trikes,and automobiles are loud, because its all legal, and they can try but they cant succeed....it really pisses em off and i enjoy every minute of it....

Normally I would say that is not cool. But to piss of dumb ass neibors like that, I would have to agree. :D

3 weelin geezer
03-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Well, sometimes if you put something in your lap it falls off before you know it. This includes a baby or a water balloon, cake, tomato or whatever. Baby slides off and you can now claim that your atc that can stop on a dime will probably also be famous for being able to stop on a baby. Ive heard of a story where an atc or atv ran over a kid and he was not hurt too bad because of the large wide tire but I would hate to see someone turned off of 3 weelin so young with a scar resembling a holeshot across their forhead if he is still around in 15 yrs. The first pic is cool just sitting there posing but not the others riding down the street and who are those kids behind the bush?

mymint87
03-26-2005, 12:02 PM
going for a nice lil putt-putt with the sun beating down, wouldn't be surprised if the lil one nodded off for a nap....

Having a child is awesome, and by being a parent one thing you learn is the "limitless power of love". Because the day you say yourself, " My love is sooo great, how can I possibly love this child anymore?" You wake up the next morning in awe, realizing you can!

But there's one thing i want to ask, in the first pic, WHO"S FRICKEN SCUD IS THAT?

LonesomeTriZ
03-26-2005, 06:47 PM
going for a nice lil putt-putt with the sun beating down, wouldn't be surprised if the lil one nodded off for a nap....

Having a child is awesome, and by being a parent one thing you learn is the "limitless power of love". Because the day you say yourself, " My love is sooo great, how can I possibly love this child anymore?" You wake up the next morning in awe, realizing you can!

But there's one thing i want to ask, in the first pic, WHO"S FRICKEN SCUD IS THAT?

Amen brother. Whether you agree with the ride or not. My son is my world, and I see no more harm in taking him for a ride than drving him in my truck.

Are you talking about my dually?

Dirtcrasher
03-26-2005, 07:57 PM
How many times a year does someone take there child on their riding lawn mower only to have the kid fall off and get killed or severely injured?? Happened at least a few times here in the NE last year and that was on a nice safe lawn with no traffic too.

mymint87
03-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Are you talking about my dually?

MY DUALLY?....your a freaken GOD!!!

yes, that FRICKEN scud is NICE!!!

Bender
03-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Man it looks like nice whether where you are. Here in Wisconsin the snow is just starting to melt and my driveway is a compete mud hole( lots of fun with the x though)

Pistonhead
03-26-2005, 10:09 PM
:D

Great pic man! I got a similar pic of me when I was 4 on an identical big red (my 82 I'm fixing up right now). Warms my heart. Great stuff!!!

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
I wouldnt of been impressed if I saw someone doing that, He cant even support his own head, and here you are doing that.. and Tim made a very good point, what did you do when you clutched?

Billy Golightly
03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I Dont really see anything wrong with it which is why I posted my picture. Its not like Louis doing wheelies and bicycling it while holding him. I do kind of understand where Tim is coming from the picture use thing though, something to think about I guess.

LonesomeTriZ
03-27-2005, 12:33 AM
MY DUALLY?....your a freaken GOD!!!

yes, that FRICKEN scud is NICE!!!

Thanks. That is my tow vehicle. ;)

LonesomeTriZ
03-27-2005, 12:38 AM
I wouldnt of been impressed if I saw someone doing that, He cant even support his own head, and here you are doing that.. and Tim made a very good point, what did you do when you clutched?

That is why I chose my Warrior. It does not stall very easily. Being since I stayed in first gear there was no concern about shifting.

I know what you all mean about the pukes that would use a photo like that against us. However, I learned a long time ago that it deoas no good to hide from those people. So why should I stand down, if the enemy is already active to begine with?

STEELERFAN82
03-29-2005, 09:57 AM
i think it is great to see you getting him on a bike the younger the better and if they dont have any bigger things to worry about than what your doing they should atleast keep their mouth shut and i would have probably told them that! keep him riding he will thank you for it

LonesomeTriZ
03-29-2005, 10:19 AM
i think it is great to see you getting him on a bike the younger the better and if they dont have any bigger things to worry about than what your doing they should atleast keep their mouth shut and i would have probably told them that! keep him riding he will thank you for it
Agreed...... :D

Meat-BoX
03-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Dude what is you malfunction? Any parent that does that is lame if he doesnt get past 1st gear. Cmon what kind of father takes his kid on a sissy ride? No seriously I see no problem in what you did. Back 20 years ago everyone started to ride at a young age. I started at 6 with a mini bike and no parents to watch over me. I would ride that thing all over town. For a Free Country, you sure cant do alot of things a free man should be able to do.

LonesomeTriZ
03-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Dude what is you malfunction? Any parent that does that is lame if he doesnt get past 1st gear. Cmon what kind of father takes his kid on a sissy ride? No seriously I see no problem in what you did. Back 20 years ago everyone started to ride at a young age. I started at 6 with a mini bike and no parents to watch over me. I would ride that thing all over town. For a Free Country, you sure cant do alot of things a free man should be able to do.

Amen brother! i can not stand the fact that most people spend more tiem woryying about what other people are doing. Then they ***** about it. :wondering

Ryan DeBerry
03-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Alright, It's all nice and all that you want to take your kid for a ride but we are talking about a "baby". I used to own a warrior and you make it sounds like a warrior is slow and not responsive to touching the throttle. You're crazy....I don't see a warrior as a sport bike b/c the sport bikes today are crazy. I think whats crazy is you taking a 2 month baby on a quad that has no control over himself. You can say that it would be hard for him to get hurt from a car or anything else but what if.....you were to have like a seizure or something stupid like that were you would have no control over yourself. Im just saying that you are taking a chance of hurting or even killing your 2 month old baby. Is that really a chance a father would want to take.......probably not. You're just plain nuts to risk hurting a good looking boy.

350xsx
03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Alright, It's all nice and all that you want to take your kid for a ride but we are talking about a "baby". I used to own a warrior and you make it sounds like a warrior is slow and not responsive to touching the throttle. You're crazy....I don't see a warrior as a sport bike b/c the sport bikes today are crazy. I think whats crazy is you taking a 2 month baby on a quad that has no control over himself. You can say that it would be hard for him to get hurt from a car or anything else but what if.....you were to have like a seizure or something stupid like that were you would have no control over yourself. Im just saying that you are taking a chance of hurting or even killing your 2 month old baby. Is that really a chance a father would want to take.......probably not. You're just plain nuts to risk hurting a good looking boy.

These are the kind of people i come on here to see........there hillarious,I LOVE YOU MAN(in a non-homo kinda way), that is SO RIDICOULOUS man, if your driving your kid to the doctor you can have a seizure and run into a 18 wheeler, wich by the way is speeding at excess speeds of 95 mile an hour...... or some guy driving a car can have a seizure and drive right into your house , right into the room the baby is in and kill him....dude, life is short, why be scared of everything, your born just to die....why not have fun before it happens...STOP worrying about what could happen, and go out and have fun *******.....drink and drive, bring babies on rides on quads, jump 100+ feet, do 110mph+ on a daily basis, either live life like its your last day ** you die, or dont live at all, and DONT tell other people how to live ifits not harming you, Dont be afraid Rambo might hide behind a tree in your yard dressed in camo, with camo facepaint, and as you walk out your door he whips out his compound bow and shoots a razor tipped arrow right into your balls, because it wont happen

LonesomeTriZ
03-30-2005, 11:59 PM
These are the kind of people i come on here to see........there hillarious,I LOVE YOU MAN(in a non-homo kinda way), that is SO RIDICOULOUS man, if your driving your kid to the doctor you can have a seizure and run into a 18 wheeler, wich by the way is speeding at excess speeds of 95 mile an hour...... or some guy driving a car can have a seizure and drive right into your house , right into the room the baby is in and kill him....dude, life is short, why be scared of everything, your born just to die....why not have fun before it happens...STOP worrying about what could happen, and go out and have fun *******.....drink and drive, bring babies on rides on quads, jump 100+ feet, do 110mph+ on a daily basis, either live life like its your last day ** you die, or dont live at all, and DONT tell other people how to live ifits not harming you, Dont be afraid Rambo might hide behind a tree in your yard dressed in camo, with camo facepaint, and as you walk out your door he whips out his compound bow and shoots a razor tipped arrow right into your balls, because it wont happen

That is (kind of) the point I was getting at. I agree with what you are trying to get across, (except for the drink and drive part). Why worry about what might happen? Like I said before to "live with fear is to not live at all".

Ryan DeBerry
03-31-2005, 01:08 AM
These are the kind of people i come on here to see........there hillarious,I LOVE YOU MAN(in a non-homo kinda way), that is SO RIDICOULOUS man, if your driving your kid to the doctor you can have a seizure and run into a 18 wheeler, wich by the way is speeding at excess speeds of 95 mile an hour...... or some guy driving a car can have a seizure and drive right into your house , right into the room the baby is in and kill him....dude, life is short, why be scared of everything, your born just to die....why not have fun before it happens...STOP worrying about what could happen, and go out and have fun ********.....drink and drive, bring babies on rides on quads, jump 100+ feet, do 110mph+ on a daily basis, either live life like its your last day ** you die, or dont live at all, and DONT tell other people how to live ifits not harming you, Dont be afraid Rambo might hide behind a tree in your yard dressed in camo, with camo facepaint, and as you walk out your door he whips out his compound bow and shoots a razor tipped arrow right into your balls, because it wont happen

Okay, I agree with living life to the fullest but there is a fine line between being stupid and having fun. Everything you said is a choice that "I" can make. I don't see a 2 month old baby making a choice for himself. Get real and use your brain a little bit. It called common sense so use it. Im not telling him that he can't do it. Im saying that he shouldn't.

Banage
03-31-2005, 01:41 AM
Helmet and id agree with its your kid your rules

350xsx
03-31-2005, 01:45 AM
okay i didnt mean to put drink and drive in there cuz thats just straight up stupid, so dont do that, and yah a helmet would help, always do these things with proper supervision and safety equipment to meet your needs :beer you have to be safe while ya do it, you cant be a total *****

Edited by Howdy: Don't type around the word filters.

jjjg-02
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
I can say that I agree with the your kid, your rules situation. I took my son for his first ride when he was about 3 months also. And now at two he loves anything that has anything to do with atv's and carries around dirt wheels for a month until I get my new one. I think that getting them started at a younger age allows them to join in a sport that i think should be called America's pasttime.....It is something that my family will do until we are no longer able to drive one, and then someone will drive it for us......So keep doing what your doing.

LonesomeTriZ
03-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Oh, believe me; I have no intentions of stopping. As long has he shows an interest I will do what I can to encourage it. How do you liberals like that?

mymint87
03-31-2005, 07:46 PM
mtorsports are excellent in excercising the childs mind...

concentration levels are much higher for your child riding than lets say, chewing on his mitt in right field playing tee-ball and day dreaming..

i say the earlier the better...keeping in mind the need of full support and guidance by his parents

in which i have full confidence in lonesometriz

both of my kids went from motorcycles to 3 wheelers to quads
at the ages of 5,7 and then 9....their riding skills are excellent and their defensive driving skills are superior....they are always on the lookout for the other guy.

motorsports are a great family hobby, i only wish my daddy was giving me putt-putts around the yard when i was a baby.... :(

LonesomeTriZ
03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Very well said. I can see who really take this sport to heart on the site.

350xsx
04-05-2005, 01:41 PM
sorry howdy i wont do that, but....

you need to keep this sport alive and get kids interested at a young age....and the only thing to fear is fear itself.....thats a good quote and its true, but who said it again?I think i know it was a former president....

LonesomeTriZ
04-05-2005, 07:41 PM
I think it is pretty interesting how the few who were against taking my son for a ride has stopped repling to this thread.

LonesomeTriZ
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
sorry howdy i wont do that, but....

you need to keep this sport alive and get kids interested at a young age....and the only thing to fear is fear itself.....thats a good quote and its true, but who said it again?I think i know it was a former president....

By the way, I meant to say I agree with you on that.

Dirtcrasher
04-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I think it is pretty interesting how the few who were against taking my son for a ride has stopped repling to this thread.

Well, I posted twice and felt it was enough - I'm sorry - let me reply some more. I'll remind you that IMO your kid is too small and it wasn't the smartest thing to do. Live your life, have a ball and call me a "liberal" - but until a kid can at least stick his hands out in front of him to roll out of a fall I feel they should stay off ATV's. Many of these replies encouraged you and spoke about their child riding at the age of 2, 3, 4 etc and I also encourage it it. But I don't encourage a pregnant women on an ATV or an infant either.

LonesomeTriZ
04-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Okay. This is getting ridiculous. I never intended to start a war. I am very proud of my baby boy. He is my world and nothing means more to me than him. I want to share everything I know and love with him so badly, that I sometimes forget he may be too young to appreciate all that I do. I take him for rides because he really and truthfully does enjoy it. You all should see how excited he gets when he hears an ATV fire up. Then his excitement grows when he feels the rumble beneath him and me holding him in tightly. I want to show him off to every one as much as possible. I know I can not flood this forum with cute baby photographs, even though I would really like to. So I posted some ATV related baby photographs so all of you could see how wonderful and perfect he is. It is obvious many of you do not feel the same way, and insist I am a bad parent or insinuate that I am not intelligent. So I will refrain from showing him off so much in the future. That way no body can find fault in the ways I display my love and pride for the child I have patiently waited for, for so long.

Dirtcrasher
04-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I have no problem with you, I just don't want to see a future post about an unfortunate incident. Just don't boast about it or taunt people if you don't want a war. We have lots of other things to enjoy or discuss than this. Peace...

TimSr
04-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Okay. This is getting ridiculous. I never intended to start a war.

Then why do you keep egging one on? This thread should have died a long time ago. Everything to be said has been. You've made your case. Those who think its a bad idea have made theirs. In a debate, neither the last word, nor the most posts automatically makes someone a winner. I do agree with you on one thing. This thread is getting ridiculous, and I am going to put it out of its misery.