PDA

View Full Version : extreme wild trip

4cylinders
03-25-2005, 12:24 PM
hey, just got back from glamis, finally. planned a nice, short trip, hahaha, not to be. day one, leave late because of disorganized help. nice trip to phoenix, miss connections due to late arrival. meat up with azhondagrl and fiancee for nice dinner and visit. get motel room and stay over night. leave in morning for glamis, arrive safely, unload the X and ride for a while. then the last person attempts to ride, the throttle cable comes apart, needs to be soldered. so we load up to leave. the vehicle dies, thats when things got interesting. we checked it out, it turns out to be the fuel pump, 2001 chevy blazer. no problem, just get one and put it in, got tools etc, yeah right!! more later!!

azhondagrl
03-25-2005, 12:35 PM
uh oh, i can only imagine where this is goin.... :rolleyes: :confused: :(

4cylinders
03-25-2005, 12:40 PM
hey, problem is, it didn't go any where!!

azhondagrl
03-25-2005, 12:41 PM
well what else happened?!?!

4cylinders
03-25-2005, 01:03 PM
hey, eric from gilmore offroad towed us to the venders area where we parked to get out of the wind. no cell reception, but we borrowed a phone at clean genes and called the parts stores in brawley. no one had it, prices went from $280 to 390, they could order it , but would take a week. what!!

azhondagrl
03-25-2005, 01:11 PM
so how did you get back?!

4cylinders
03-25-2005, 01:24 PM
hey, sorry this kinda long, but cool. panic sets in. we walk to the pay phone at the glamis store, gotta love phone cards, start calling contacts. my son goes on line, but they don't have any, would be a week too! call my friend bruce at rock& roll engineering in grand terrace ca. he calls arround and finde one in redlands, no one else has one in stock or in their warehouse. this is tuesday, 8pm, can't get it until tomorrow and ship, so it should be here by thursday 4pm. oh great, stuck in glamis for two days, whether we like it or not.

azhondagrl
03-25-2005, 01:27 PM
AND the bike was broken??? or was it fixed to where you could at least ride....

4cylinders
03-25-2005, 02:38 PM
hey, wednesday, I hiked over to clean genes, twice, finally got the cable fixxed. so we're stuck in glamis for two days. only problem now is getting my daughters to let me have a turn to ride. well not all, no groceries, no blankets, no place to stay, and now the wind starts blowing.okay, a very nice gentleman volunteers to drive me into town to get supplies. great, meet mike at gilmore offroad and he was a big help. we had the parts shipped there. first night in the blazer wasn't too bad, not too cold. the X ran great so we didn't have to walk so far for the phone, but the wind got really bad.

azhondagrl
03-25-2005, 02:44 PM
well, glad you guys made it back ok!

maybe next time won't be so eventful!

MTS
03-25-2005, 02:48 PM
yes the new chevy fuel pumps are a weak spot, they like to crap out on you.....specillay in the states becuse they add something to the gas that messes with the pump, but hear in canada we have gone through 1 on the 01 chevy astro van and 3 on the 99 1 ton service truck..:\ sounds like you had lots of fun there :\

azhondagrl
03-25-2005, 02:54 PM
i forgot to ask...did you at least get some pics of riding?

4cylinders
03-25-2005, 03:21 PM
hey, yeah, but they're on film. pictures later. anyway, didn't have time to stay, then got stuck there for two days. the venders kinda helped us out too. wednesday night was cold, and we were sore from hiking back and forth to the phone before the cable was fixed. about a mile each way in the sand, we where next to the cool place tent. the X worked great and the girls had a blast.

chris200x
03-25-2005, 05:13 PM
cold at Glamis? where iexactly is that AZ or Ca...boy it must really be "cold" over there. lol I just got done shoveling eight inches of fresh snow from my sidewalk yesterday, and it was the second day of sprimg... Anyways sounds like you had a sucky time ...sorry

4cylinders
03-25-2005, 09:15 PM
hey, had fun, but the stuck there was the problem. the part came in about 330 thursday, we already had the tank out, so it didn't take too long to get it up and running. done this stuff before, so we knew what to do. we went through payson az to get home. snowed most of the way, roads covered the last 10 miles. got in about 430 this morning

4cylinders
03-26-2005, 07:51 PM
hey, found a pic.we're next to the cool spot tent at venders flat.