PDA

View Full Version : I got scamed on ebay

88 Turbo Coupe
03-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Has anyone seen the Honda ATC racing posters on ebay? Well i did and the seller is a LIAR. Its described as NOS. When I got it the poster is Mint. Not 1 scratch, bend, color fading, or anything. This poster is perfect. Just like you would buy in a poster shop. I can't believe for a 20 + year old poster it can be in perfect condition. I've been watching this seller for a while since I want a poster like this.Here is what he does, he sells a few then stops for a while then returns and sells a couple of more, so on and so on. Convince me that a 20 year old poster can remain in perfect condition. OH thats right, the dealer kept those posters in a humedically sealed room for 20 years so they can be sold in perfect condition, Yea right.

mike from long island
03-25-2005, 08:17 PM
liike this poster??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4536894621&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i thought about getting one but for that price i would rather have someone copy one for me

88 Turbo Coupe
03-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Exactly !!!

Orangecnty250r
03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
WOW thats the poster Jared is working on tonight for me by request. Jareds will be on Banner canvas 24X36 10 year weather proof. I didnt know somelse was doing them. See thread in other forum. Jared will do any picture you have on request.

twgranger
03-25-2005, 11:10 PM
So how did you get scammed? Was it in poor shape??

Wickedfinger
03-26-2005, 04:24 AM
... yeah, I'm failing to see how you were wronged here ... you gave the product a glowing review to say the least .......... so what if you think it isn't from 1980 something - if it looks great, than it is right?.

twgranger
03-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Did 88 Turbo Coupe get in trouble for this thread? He sent me an E-Mail saying he is not allowed to post anymore.

88 Turbo Coupe
03-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Don't you see. A 20+ year old poster in my opinion will not and cannot be looking like a just printed poster. Even if it was sealed for all those years the paper it was printed on would show signs of aging. Some discoleration (fading) would occur. This item just seems fishy to me. I'm not going to have a carbon 14 test done on it but logic and common sense tells me it aint real NOS. Also it was not sealed in a Honda bag. If a new print is what you are looking than maybe this is the one you want but dont try and sucker me or lie to me to make a buck. How do you think a "NOS" 20+ year old poster should age? Looking like it was just printed?

ScottZJ
03-29-2005, 07:44 AM
I got one of those also but I cant see where it might be reproduced. I had my brother look at it pretty closely and he seems to think they are genuine, heck I dont know.

88 Turbo Coupe
03-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Maybe a printer could tell if its a new print? BTW Not too long ago I bought a "NOS" 350x decal on ebay and have some serious doubts about it being authentic. The person was selling many of them and was letting them go for $1.50. I dont know of any way to authenticate these decals as being original, maybe someone has the expertise who can. Repro decals/item are becoming more plentiful for restos. I wouldn't be to hard for somone who sells them to make a mistake and advertise them as "NOS".--- CAVIAT EMPTOR ---