PDA

View Full Version : cb200 in a buggy

Barfly
03-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Hello all
I found a buggy at the rubbish dump that has been based on one of the Taipan buggies you see in magazines.
I cant get it to run.
I have a wiring diagram from here (http://www.dunworth.clara.net/wire_dig.html)
I have great spark to the points, but when I earth the plugs there is no spark to them, if I put the plugs in the leads and then hold an earth wire about 1mm away I get a really good spark. It has me baffled, as soon as I screw the plugs into the head and earth them I get nothing at all.
Someone has spent a lot of time on this thing, hyd disk brakes, hyd clutch.
My kids a dying to get into this.
Any help appreciated.

sblt500r
03-27-2005, 10:07 PM
try useing brand new plugs.

Barfly
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM
try useing brand new plugs.
Ive got three different coils,"tried all three" new condensor, new plugs and cleaned and adjusted the points. Its still the same. :confused:

sblt500r
03-27-2005, 10:51 PM
make sure the engine is grounded.

Barfly
03-28-2005, 12:10 AM
make sure the engine is grounded.
Yeah did that one, I took the connections off and cleaned them but its still the same.
This is driving me nuts.

Barfly
03-28-2005, 02:20 AM
Something else I just noticed, when I connect the power lead to the battery with the points closed there is a small arc where I am making the connection, but when the points are open this dosent happen. Is this normal?

sblt500r
03-28-2005, 09:31 PM
something is wired wrong. i'm pretty sure you shouldn't have a spark between the points until you turn the engine over. it might be the stator (under your flywheel) might be burnt. its not creating a energy to create a spark so its using the battery. my dt125 had that problem. if you have a manual it would tell you the ohmes that should be there. i would check that.

sblt500r
03-28-2005, 09:37 PM
might be easier to just put a different engine in it. something that runs.

Barfly
03-29-2005, 12:52 AM
might be easier to just put a different engine in it. something that runs.
Your probably right but Im 500 miles from the nearest city so getting one is a problem.

sblt500r
03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
that would be a problem!!!!!

Barfly
03-31-2005, 08:44 PM
something is wired wrong. i'm pretty sure you shouldn't have a spark between the points until you turn the engine over. it might be the stator (under your flywheel) might be burnt. its not creating a energy to create a spark so its using the battery. my dt125 had that problem. if you have a manual it would tell you the ohmes that should be there. i would check that.
I just reread this, the spark isnt between the points its where I make the connection from the battery to the power lead, Ive been told its normal.
I got a second hand coil from a bike wreckers yeasterday, it had been tested as okay. I put the coil in and the motor ran for a couple of seconds and stopped once again. Now Im back to square one again.

sblt500r
03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
make sure the carbs are cleaned and its getting gas.