PDA

View Full Version : Home page

Bill X_R
03-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey there 3WW types, what's up with the home page, says page not availible :(

Billy Golightly
03-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah...we're having domain registration problems. Hopefully be fixed in 1-2 days.

Bill X_R
03-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah...we're having domain registration problems. Hopefully be fixed in 1-2 days.

Can I get a chat link?

Billy Golightly
03-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Since chat is on the site its down too. You'll have to use mirc. www.mirc.com download it and install it, then after its all loaded and you run it type in /server irc.webmaster.com and then type /join #3wheelerworld

jeswinehart
03-27-2005, 10:25 PM
i ended up going on the web and punched in threewheelworld.com and got in that way.
clicked the forums page and put it in my favorites search.

john

mike from long island
03-27-2005, 10:34 PM
i had to go to my email trash and find an old post link but i am here now lol :beer

erectordale
03-27-2005, 11:30 PM
had to have my son send me a link to 3wwforums.com

Billy Golightly
03-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Hahaha man I figured you guys would have a seperate bookmark for the forums and never even used the mainpage :p

Seriously though, hopefully it will be back up and going tomorrow sometime.

Derrick Adams
03-27-2005, 11:39 PM
PLEASE tell me this is going to be working by Monday afternoon.

Billy Golightly
03-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Eh I dunno Derrick...Monday afternoon is a stretch. Domain stuff typhically takes 12-24 hours to be completed. I've sent an email to our webhost but its Easter sunday so I'm not expecting anything soon. Once this gets corrected this time it will be the last time it ever happens I promise.

200xman
03-28-2005, 12:35 AM
This sure sorts out all the noobs and the wannabees! :D :D :D

jeswinehart
03-28-2005, 12:57 AM
This sure sorts out all the noobs and the wannabees! :D :D :D

i had that same thought but got to thinking the "edit" button would not be here ,,, :)

john

Billy Golightly
03-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to make an update. I've purchased a renewal+ 5 years registration from another domain registar. However if we do it directly from them it will be 7-10 DAYS :eek: So I've sent 2 emails to our old registar trying to get them to re-register it for us since it could be back up in 24 hours instead of a week or more. No reply yet...I'm sorry guys, I screwed up big time :cry:

Quickonstep
03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Just wanted to make an update. I've purchased a renewal+ 5 years registration from another domain registar. However if we do it directly from them it will be 7-10 DAYS :eek: So I've sent 2 emails to our old registar trying to get them to re-register it for us since it could be back up in 24 hours instead of a week or more. No reply yet...I'm sorry guys, I screwed up big time :cry:

hrmm.. maybe you should put that on your title.. you know, to let everyone know that you screwed up..

"lord of the screwups"

or

"i couldnt pay the bill??"

fitting i suppose..

Billy Golightly
03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Paying the bill is not the problem. I received one notice 3 months ago and Howdy and I had kind of decided that it was a thing from our old host trying to get us to re-register with them. Yes, it is my fault for not persuing it at the time and I admit that. No reason to troll over it though.

Quickonstep
03-28-2005, 01:43 PM
No reason to troll over it though.

hah.. the hypocracy amazes me..

Billy Golightly
03-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I appreciate your continuing support of our project. Your enthusiasm is duly noted.

LonesomeTriZ
03-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Speaking of the chat room (as mentioned earlier in this thread). Can some one help me get on? I have never used it because I have been unable to access it. Is it only Wensday nights that you all use it?

Billy Golightly
03-28-2005, 02:29 PM
I'll help you out Louis, wait until tomorrow/tonight though because we are going to be switching over to our own private chat server later on this evening/afternoon hopefully. If we do it now you'll have to just change a whole bunch of stuff again.

LonesomeTriZ
03-28-2005, 02:33 PM
That would not be a good thing. I get very confused very easily on this computer stuff. Thanks man.

Howdy
03-28-2005, 06:53 PM
hah.. the hypocracy amazes me..

You know NOTHING of what all goes on behind the sences to keep the web site rolling. Let me explain in more detail what happened:

We originally had the domain name registered ( and hosting ) through one place. Shortly after it was up the company said they couldn't handle the traffic we had. So we quickly switch to our current hosting company. A little over a year ago, we contacted our current hosting company about switching the domain name registation over to them. They said no problem and we paid them to do so. They forgot to register it for us. Thus last year the site was down for a few days.
We talked to the current web hosting company about it and we thought they were going to register the name every year for us ( automatically ).

About 3 months ago we got a email saying the registation was coming due again. Billy and me talked about this and we BOTH thought this was already taken care of. We BOTH were wrong and it expired. As soon as we found out we put things into motion to fix it.
Those fixes are in the works and we are waiting for them to get them finished.

Now you know what has happened.

Howdy

LonesomeTriZ
03-28-2005, 07:15 PM
No worries. We are aware there is more than what meets the eye. We also appreciate your dedication and the fact that you have such a site for all of us to visit and preserve or trikes. :Bounce

TimSr
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Some people really dont care what goes on behind the scenes. They use this site for free, and after a while they think its just another entitlement, like a welfare check.

Quickonstep, If you want your title changed, and you have your business dealings all cleared up, all you have to do is request it, and remind us its there, but since you'd rather throw out some attitude and act like an entitlement queen who's welfare check is late, you can sit there with that title for life for all I care. 3Wheelerworld is run by a lot of people who contribute time and/or money to promote our hobby in a positive light. It is not a RIGHT and we owe you NOTHING as an ENTITLEMENT. If you dont like it, go away and start your own site where you can serve everybody's entitlement whims out of your time and your pocket.

Quickonstep
03-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Some people really dont care what goes on behind the scenes. They use this site for free, and after a while they think its just another entitlement, like a welfare check.

Quickonstep, If you want your title changed, and you have your business dealings all cleared up, all you have to do is request it, and remind us its there, but since you'd rather throw out some attitude and act like an entitlement queen who's welfare check is late, you can sit there with that title for life for all I care. 3Wheelerworld is run by a lot of people who contribute time and/or money to promote our hobby in a positive light. It is not a RIGHT and we owe you NOTHING as an ENTITLEMENT. If you dont like it, go away and start your own site where you can serve everybody's entitlement whims out of your time and your pocket.

I did try to request it to no avail... so that point of yours is MOOT.. and i DO NOT have a attitude.. well maybe i do.. one that CLEARLY sees that what is ok for one person is just totally wrong for another..

As i have said many times before.. i dont *need* anyone to do anything for me.. i come here to read and thats about it.. and every so often if a question is legitimate ill offer help.. but mostly that isnt good enough for some..

If you remember, i have contributed to this site, in more ways than one.. you can find out how i have.. if you cared that is..

As for the business dealings, these mods kept up with the thread, and im almost positive they all reported back to howdy that they got refunds, after all, if they didnt, i would have been banned.. so it should have been done seamlessly.. BUT.. i guess when you assume, ie. like howdy and billy did, its possible your wrong.

Jesse

NOS_350X
03-29-2005, 02:26 AM
hrmm.. maybe you should put that on your title.. you know, to let everyone know that you screwed up..

"lord of the screwups"

or

"i couldnt pay the bill??"

fitting i suppose..

How about we change yours to

"drugs trashed too much of my brain to send out parts"

or

"I'm butthurt because no one likes me, because i cant send them parts"

or

"i have a huge d*** in my ****"