PDA

View Full Version : Am I ever mad

canadiandevil2
03-28-2005, 09:15 PM
well i just went down and bought Gran Turismo 4 for PS2. I got to play it for a couple minitues and it seems like an alright game. anyways I shut off my Ps2 which is really old and haggard (on its last legs) and when i went to turn it back on nuthin. so i took it apart and it seems there is a broken wire goin from the consle to the buttons (reset+edject) so I just wasted 60 bucks on a game i cant even play :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oldshell4481
03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
it should be simple wiring if its just a broken wire. i wire stuff all the time, just get a solder gun and some solder, and the right gauge wire and reconnect

threewheelin-feelin
03-29-2005, 07:03 PM
just skim it back and twist it together for a quick fix....or change the whole wire for a real fix

LonesomeTriZ
03-29-2005, 07:37 PM
How about this? throw the Play Station in the trash, put the game on ebay, then go outside and RIDE YOUR FREAKIN TRIKE! Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Yamahauler
03-29-2005, 07:39 PM
How about this? throw the Play Station in the trash, put the game on ebay, then go outside and RIDE YOUR FREAKIN TRIKE! Just a thought. :rolleyes:
i agree, i hardly ever play video games anymore, it just doesnt do it for me anymore

LonesomeTriZ
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I just do not see the point in playing a game if you have the real thing sitting outside, just waiting and lonely. :wondering

Oldshell4481
03-29-2005, 07:51 PM
haha i dont own a gaming system, or a dvd/movie player

MTS
03-29-2005, 09:05 PM
that is a common problem with the PS2 the first version tho, not sure about the new ones, the ps2 has lots of electrical problems heh

canadiandevil2
03-29-2005, 09:18 PM
ya its the first version Ps2. The wire is a ribbon wire so I just cant twist it back together. I might buy a new PS2 off my buddy for $50.

How about this? throw the Play Station in the trash, put the game on ebay, then go outside and RIDE YOUR FREAKIN TRIKE! Just a thought.
Well i would but I live in the middle of the city (not for much longer) and my bike(s) are on the other side of town at my stepdads house so I only get to ride them on weekends. so I play PS2 to pass the time between rides.

Banage
03-29-2005, 10:39 PM
it should be simple wiring if its just a broken wire. i wire stuff all the time, just get a solder gun and some solder, and the right gauge wire and reconnect

And flux!!! f l you x in case of filter